Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Aldi (also in the US market) to take part as well. No press release at the ALDI US site yet though,but i seriously doubt they raise prices 50% in the EU but leave US prices as they are. Of course the blame is the Russian invasion in Ukraine.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Aldi (also in the US market) to take part as well. No press release at the ALDI US site yet though,but i seriously doubt they raise prices 50% in the EU but leave US prices as they are. Of course the blame is the Russian invasion in Ukraine.
    I was under the impression that Aldi US, while part of the parent company, was pretty much independent of European operations.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I was under the impression that Aldi US, while part of the parent company, was pretty much independent of European operations.
    Aldi US does bring in some food from Germany to put in it's stores. But none of it is what I would call mainstays. Most of the maintsay foods comes from the US, but for whatever reason you can (or could) find things like high grade german sausage, wine, beer, cakes, and stuff like that imported in. It was always very odd to see that stuff in with the budget foods from the US. But suspect it won't be around for a bit.

Also there are two Aldis in germany, Its an odd complicated thing. ALdi Sud (south), Aldi Nord (North)

Aldi Sud, operates the US Aldi chain. Aldi Nord operates Trader Joes..

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    DraftUkraineCoTApril3%2C2022.png

Full on rout in the north.. static quagmire in the south and east.

Mariupol doing the Bastogne impression

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    DraftUkraineCoTApril3%2C2022.png

Full on rout in the north.. static quagmire in the south and east.

Mariupol doing the Bastogne impression
    So the USA can bring home the 100k troops and equipment we sent right? Russia is not a threat to anyone in Europe.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Jobs not done. Keep sending them ordinance... Ukraine alone could do militarily to remove Russia as a threat to anything for the next 30 years.
    Will it be needed? I mean it looks like nukes are on the table now,with the USA "loaning" nukes to Turkey.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Will it be needed? I mean it looks like nukes are on the table now,with the USA "loaning" nukes to Turkey.
    Pretty much can never use nukes again, unless someone else uses them.

That is just, Putin, press the nuke button, and your getting it too.

MAD

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    So the USA can bring home the 100k troops and equipment we sent right? Russia is not a threat to anyone in Europe.
    Not nitpicking but technically Ukraine is part of Europe. I think that if Russia had ran all over Ukraine in 48 hours as predicted Putin might have just kept his army rolling thru Poland and as far as it could go. The reality is they had their butts mostly handed to them and the Russian Army is trying to regroup.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I think it does a good job of speaking to the lincolnian hypocrisy so prevalent in the central state.

lincoln was a piece of ****. Comparing him to putin seems only appropriate.
    I am in agreement there. Interesting take on it regardless. I share the traditional Southern view of Lincoln and the War of Northern Aggression.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Hypocrisy? Sure, Lincoln is well deserved. But I think Southerners share a large portion of blame for getting a war going also....just a bit too much self righteousness for my taste. As one man said when you point a finger at a man for hypocrisy, there is usually 3 of your own pointing back at you. But that was a different generation and time, we can learn the rights and wrong from both sides I hope, lay aside the hypocrisy of hate and become better brothers. As one man said long ago..."Everybody thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." Leo Tolstoy

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom