Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Some of the Russian tanks have anti Javelin shields.

But overall if the Javelin is imployed by some people with guts it's a game changer.

I think most of infantry versus armor combat boils down to dudes shooting off missiles and then immediately getting turned into paste...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Pallets going to Ukraine. Uuummm, is this a caliber they shoot? Don't even get me started on those pallets. Low-profile, hook the top-net (there is no top net here, they used the umpteen tie-down strap in lieu of the top-net method. And is there a world-wide shortage of pallet covers??) to the large rings in the middle of the side-nets.

US-lethal-aid-shipment.png

Well, most have that left shoulder patch so they check the legal combatant box. So much for "uniform" uniforms. Dude in front has an M4. At least he'll have ammo if that pallet gets there. I see a lot of different weapons.

Russia-Ukraine-Tension.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am guessing that if Putin actually invades Ukraine, it will start with a massive global cyber attack.

As for Germany, they don't want to **** Putin off since they are buying most of their oil from his pipeline that runs thru Ukraine.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Pallets going to Ukraine. Uuummm, is this a caliber they shoot? Don't even get me started on those pallets. Low-profile, hook the top-net (there is no top net here, they used the umpteen tie-down strap in lieu of the top-net method. And is there a world-wide shortage of pallet covers??) to the large rings in the middle of the side-nets.

US-lethal-aid-shipment.png
    Medium profile pallets. Two side nets and seven cargo straps. No shoring on the deck of the pallet (allows metal to metal contact). Corner straps are tight so they decided to hook to the small rings at the top of the side nets. Probably in a hurry and skipped the shoring and pallet bag.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Medium profile pallets. Two side nets and seven cargo straps. No shoring on the deck of the pallet (allows metal to metal contact). Corner straps are tight so they decided to hook to the small rings at the top of the side nets. Probably in a hurry and skipped the shoring and pallet bag.
    I always went with the top-net since you had to have it on the pallet anyway. Seems like Tankers had a max height of 76 inches so it was old-hat after a while. Was it 30" or less top-net only? Good catch on the metal to metal, that was always a big OH HELL NO when pushing cargo.

88"X108"X90" is 495 cubic feet. Some things you don't forget. Running into the wind to inflate the pallet cover? Oh yeah.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I always went with the top-net since you had to have it on the pallet anyway. Seems like Tankers had a max height of 76 inches so it was old-hat after a while. Was it 30" or less top-net only? Good catch on the metal to metal, that was always a big OH HELL NO when pushing cargo.

88"X108"X90" is 495 cubic feet. Some things you don't forget. Running into the wind to inflate the pallet cover? Oh yeah.
    Once they arrive in country, those pallets will be unloaded and probably end up as roofs for bunkers. That happened to many pallets in CENTCOM during the first weeks after 9/11.

Tanker pallets were G profile being 76 inches tall on one long side and 40 inches tall on the other long side.

Was a certified load planner and Hazmart cargo tech for twenty years. We had to get re-certified every two years.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Once they arrive in country, those pallets will be unloaded and probably end up as roofs for bunkers. That happened to many pallets in CENTCOM during the first weeks after 9/11.
    They aren't heavy, aluminum with Balsa wood in between. Get a dude on each corner and it's no problem. Of course the John Deere 10K all-terrain forklift was my preferred method of moving 463L pallets. ;)

How big is a loaded 90" high 463L pallet? On the forklift going in an overhead door on a warehouse, you can't see the door opening!! At Moody AFB, Georgia (when I was SrA and Sgt KellyinAvon) I'd line up on the lettering on the building (347th Supply Squadron COSO) because I couldn't see the door opening. Whoever was spotting me in the door? They better be 100% involved in the task or the fork lift wasn't moving.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    First time I drove a 25 K-Loader up to the back of a C-130 with 90" high pallets was a trip. I was praying the loadmaster and spotters were not hung-over.

Engine running offloads were always fun. I imagine that might be happening in Ukraine, to minimize ground time for the aircraft. We used to do it on a section of the autobahn in the 1980's.

I feel for the Ukrainian troops if they end up fighting in January.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

OK, I miss the short-sleeve fatigues! The fork lift was a Case (as in J.I. Case and Company, made farm tractors back in the day also. Became Case-IH early 80s IIRC.) The ones I remember had reg numbers saying they were made in 1979.

Fatigue shirt tucked-in. Hot weather areas you could wear it untucked, except for Nellis. They were always flippin nuts out there. Got worse when they no longer had a combat mission. 474th Tactical Fighter Wing was absolutely a combat unit. A 2-Star was always the commander out there, most were flippin nuts on one level or another.

Subdued name/USAF tapes and rank insignia on green fatigues: early-mid 80's I'd guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom