Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    At least we are making new friends...sigh.
    "Simply, I do not care,” the crown prince said when asked by The Atlantic whether Biden misunderstood things about him. He said it was up to Biden "to think about the interests of America".

“We don’t have the right to lecture you in America,” he added. “The same goes the other way.”

Donald Lu, the assistant secretary of State for South Asian affairs, on Thursday told lawmakers in a hearing that the administration is weighing how threatening India's historically close military relationship with Russia is to U.S. security.

"It's a question we're looking at very closely, as the administration is looking at the broader question over whether to apply sanctions under CAATSA or to waive those sanctions," Lu said.

Bolsonaros being the president of Brazil.
    Instead of pissing everyone off we need to get our own **** together here at home.

Absolutely nothing the current administration is doing will strengthen America.

Biden can take his “build back better” plan and shove it. It ain’t worth a ****.

Not only is he screwing everything up domestically he touts himself as the big foreign affairs hotshot with all the experience but he’s ****ing that up too.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Instead of pissing everyone off we need to get our own **** together here at home.

We never will.

All anyone needs to do is look at the country decade over decade, to realize that every single move we (the government) make here at home makes life worse. Almost every single move we make in foreign policy makes the world a worse place.

It's a miracle this country hasn't collapsed sooner, only our attitude and culture keep this ship floating, which is being quickly erased.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Look at all the **** the EU, our government and NATO got us into by monkeying around in Ukraine. Yeah that plan blew up. We had no business being there in Russia’s backyard in the first place.

If anything NATO should’ve stayed out of trying to expand into Ukraine and shored up military capabilities in the Balkan states and the rest of Europe therefore sending a message to Russia if they have any aspirations of expanding past Ukraine it’s on like Donky Kong.

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I think the big difference would be a desert storm eagle driver going up against an F 22/5 generation fighter. The F-15 has been flying for almost 50 years, and the C Models that our air superiority aircraft were built from 1979 to 1984.

I would really have no idea what kind of mission capability rates MiG 29s in the Ukrainian Air Force would have. The fulcrum is very capable, and is a fourth generation fighter. Worst comes to worst, they could probably get 12 to 15 in the air. Again I don’t know much about how they would operate. Older fighters I’m thinking MiG 21s Could probably get airborne if the maintenance troops only had hammers and screwdrivers.
    There is a repair shop in Crawford County?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    When the Ukraine finally got free of the Soviet Onion the help we sent them was in the form of the Biden Crime Family...nothing of value; the Obummer misadministration aided that greatly.

We did do a lot of training there with their military though in exercises and Guard affiliations which has helped them immensely.

Also, NATO doesn't look to expand so much as folks want to be included. Putin hates NATO because it hinders his ambitions not so much as threatens his current situation. He sees it as a threat to his expansionist ideology of creating a greater Russian Empire.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There is a repair shop in Crawford County?
    :lmfao: When I was still a youngster in the USAF I was working support for an F-16 unit that had been flying F-4s a couple years before. I never considered an aircraft maintenance career field since (1) I pulled enough wrenches on the farm for a lifetime, (2) didn't know about some really cool jobs in maintenance and (3) maintenance on farm equipment often involves cheater-pipes, big hammers, and big screwdrivers that doubled as chisels and punches so I figured my bad habits would stay with me.

Today? Plug in a laptop and the plane tells you what ails it. In those days? USAF Crew Chiefs would've fit right in on the farm.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Look at all the **** the EU, our government and NATO got us into by monkeying around in Ukraine. Yeah that plan blew up. We had no business being there in Russia’s backyard in the first place.

If anything NATO should’ve stayed out of trying to expand into Ukraine and shored up military capabilities in the Balkan states and the rest of Europe therefore sending a message to Russia if they have any aspirations of expanding past Ukraine it’s on like Donky Kong.

Once he would take Ukraine, isn’t nato on his doorstep then? I don’t see that Putin has any justification here. He has thousands of nukes. No one is going to invade Russia. What is he afraid of? No one with nukes are interested in using them on Russia either. This isn’t Cuba in the cold war and even if it is, I’m sure everyone would agree to keep nukes out of Ukraine to keep him happy. He obviously wants all the old territory back. And we as a nation will likely fade into irrelevancy whether we stand against him now, or stay out of it. I think we lose in the end either way. Russia and China together have a huge capability to counter the US. I like the Ukrainians, and I like them even more when they didn’t just run away like the Afghan regular army. I’d rather we save them - I dont think Putin would use nukes just because we start operating in Ukraine. He has to know that would be the end of Russia and the world - it can’t be worth it to him….he can’t be that reckless, right?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I heard on the local news he is "mentioning" nukes again... Sounds like we just have to give him anything he wants. We have no choice.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Top Russian general reportedly killed by a sniper.
    Sylvain was way out in front with this news. Just from the pic this guy has a serious Norman Schwarzkopf vibe about him. You can bet the recommended reading list was more Sun Tzu and less Robin DiAngelo than what we have in this country.

1646394410037.png

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    In 2012 Ukraine was the world's fourth biggest exporter of arms!

So after selling off the weapons the Russians left behind. The west is supplying weapons?

What am I missing?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Once he would take Ukraine, isn’t nato on his doorstep then? I don’t see that Putin has any justification here. He has thousands of nukes. No one is going to invade Russia. What is he afraid of? No one with nukes are interested in using them on Russia either. This isn’t Cuba in the cold war and even if it is, I’m sure everyone would agree to keep nukes out of Ukraine to keep him happy. He obviously wants all the old territory back. And we as a nation will likely fade into irrelevancy whether we stand against him now, or stay out of it. I think we lose in the end either way. Russia and China together have a huge capability to counter the US. I like the Ukrainians, and I like them even more when they didn’t just run away like the Afghan regular army. I’d rather we save them - I dont think Putin would use nukes just because we start operating in Ukraine. He has to know that would be the end of Russia and the world - it can’t be worth it to him….he can’t be that reckless, right?
    So you think we should go in then? Sounds like that’s what you’re saying. Should we do it unilaterally or try to convince others to join? Good luck with that. What’s the plan Stan?

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom