Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So there's this 40 mile long Russian convoy that's supposedly out of fuel and food that's just camping out in the Ukrainian countryside.

I take that to mean Russia has 100% control of the airspace. I also have to assume Ukrainian artillery ain't nothin to write home about.

For a country of that size, with a not so small military I kinda expected more. Even with a handful of drones they could make Saddam's Highway of Death look like the Yellow Brick Road.
    "Don't shoot until you see the white of their eyes".......could be they are not in range of artillery, and why they have stopped.....could be Ukraine has points of contact and ambushes set up.....number of factors. Let the enemy come into your killing zone....don't blow your wad too soon....the deeper Russia gets....the longer travel time to get out, flank them......

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How do we know that the people calling out people who put out disinformation aren't themselves putting out disinformation?
    How do we know that the people calling out people calling out the people who put out disinformation about the disinformation aren't themselves putting out disinformation?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Same source, which IMO is becoming one of the better alt-news sources

The contours of the ideological conflict between the US and Russia had thus shifted — no longer did it have anything remotely to do with capitalism versus communism. Rather, it pitted the US as the world’s leading steward of contemporary “liberal democracy” — a status temporarily imperiled by Russia subverting the US electoral system to install Donald Trump — versus Russia as the great nationalistic saboteur of “liberal democracy.”

If there is any “threat” that “Western” elites have been most exercised about for the past several years, it’s this supposed international surge of populist illiberalism and/or right-wing radicalism, and Putin was appointed as the main global exporter and string-puller. Which made it all the more untenable over the course of the latest Ukraine standoff for a Democratic Administration, especially one that campaigned on “confronting” Russia, to offer any significant concession to the world’s Number 1 progenitor of white supremacist extremism. You know, the same extremism that we are told nearly toppled the US Government on January 6.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This guy I trust as much as I'm willing to trust anybody in the media

I have been reminded of when we were sort of pushed into the intervening on the side of the Bosnians by the media back almost 30 years ago.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    "Don't shoot until you see the white of their eyes".......could be they are not in range of artillery, and why they have stopped.....could be Ukraine has points of contact and ambushes set up.....number of factors. Let the enemy come into your killing zone....don't blow your wad too soon....the deeper Russia gets....the longer travel time to get out, flank them......

The columns are already running dry, all you have to do at this point is hit the fuel supplies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Beyond the obvious
    Well that's the only way to be a martyr.

The Russian way is to just keep hitting in waves. Since they didn't walk in and take over, they will setup and pound locations. The longer it goes on more people will give up and leave. Military bases, Airstrips, hospitals, anti aircraft systems, try to cut off supplies. It's not a new strategy, it's what they do. I imagine Putin is fine with civilian casualties, especially ones that have taken up arms against them.

The only way it stops is if Putin is removed or Countries come to the aid of Ukraine. Putin absolutely doesn't care if he loses his troops along the way, mother Russia probably has double the troops of Ukraine.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We don't and won't until so far after the fact that 'At [that] point, what difference does it make'

Anyone claiming to know what's REALLY going on - including me - should be disregarded

So should the people claiming they don't know enough to make an informed decision, they never will within any time frame that matters. A seat on the fence looks like it should be more uncomfortable than it is
    Shouldn't a seat on the fence be an option to those who aren't sure what's really going on. Seems to me that it would be better than lapping up all the disinformation from those who claim to "know".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That would be fine as far as it goes. There needs to come a time, however, when a decision should be made even without perfect information

Have you heard the term 'analysis paralysis'

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So are the columns of trucks running out of fuel because of the extended delays. Just like a kamikaze plane you would not fill it up for a round trip, simply enough fuel to get to your target. Delays occur and troops sit with their vehicles idling to stay warm and using up the cushion of fuel.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That would be fine as far as it goes. There needs to come a time, however, when a decision should be made even without perfect information

Have you heard the term 'analysis paralysis'

Yes, the right course of action is political maneuvering that saves as many Ukrainian and Russian lives as possible, while not costing anyone else any lives.

And also not crippling our economy in the process, or future economic prospects with dumb actions like kicking Russia out of SWIFT.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Or like the Soviet pilots never being allowed to take off with enough fuel to get them to the west? Not supplied with enough fuel to make a run for Poland to surrender/defect

I expect it is wishful thinking, though

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Or like the Soviet pilots never being allowed to take off with enough fuel to get them to the west? Not supplied with enough fuel to make a run for Poland to surrender/defect

I expect it is wishful thinking, though

How is that even possible?

We aren't talking about thousands of miles here. They're obviously expected to run sorties. They obviously need to RTB to rearm.

There's no way to only supply enough fuel for those things and not give them enough to flee to Poland.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom