• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Update: Just gave ruger a call to check on things. Rep told me it was still in "open" status so they were still getting things finished. She told me to expect an email with the shipping info and to be ready for delivery as soon as Friday. Obviously this is just an estimate (I told her I'm not going to hold her to it), but I have a good feeling about it based on my experience with them thus far.

My SR1911 had the same problem as yours and I sent it in last week. I just got the email that it is on its way back and will be here Friday (tomorrow). We'll see. . .

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Still nothing on my end... I guess I shouldn't have told them to look at so many other things that weren't broken. Might as well get a full inspection right!

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mine was supposed to arrive today so I took off the afternoon from work so I wouldn't miss it. When the UPS truck bypassed my house, I called UPS. They assured me it would be delivered today (Friday). A little after seven o'clock I called them back and got the same smug assurances. It's now 0015 hrs Saturday and no weapon. Freakin' UPS has lost my Ruger!

Last edited:

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I guess now I will wait impatiently for Tuesday so I can call Ruger to start an investigation. UPS Customer Service "prefers" to start the investigation 1500 miles away in Arizona, rather than 10 miles from me where the weapon was last scanned. as Robin Williams once said, "*********s do vex me".
    The SR1911 was nice while I had it.

I am so pissed right now I can't see straight.

Indygunner, better luck to you!

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Does it say "we lost it"... or was it just not delivered and is sitting in a truck somewhere?

I'm sorry for your luck... fortunately Ruger insures their shipments VIA ups so if in fact they did lose your firearm you are entitled to equivalent compensation. Id print off the MSRP price sheet and tell them (ups) they owe you $800.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The customer service supervisor I talked to referred to it as lost. I was trying to get him to contact the center here in Indy where it was last scanned. I guess they don't communicate with each other for ANY reason.

Tracking shows it In Transit still but no delivery date anymore.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just curious, what did you have to send it back for? I have one as well and any insight as to a problem I should watch for would be great.

Nothing mechanical, just a gouge in the steel in the slide by the sight. It was my fault really for not catching it before I completed the FFL transfer from Buds. As it was new though, Ruger replaced the slide.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Mine is actually in AZ for the same thing. Wonder what happened to turn these out like this. Tool depth a little off or something, I guess.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I see this morning that apparently UPS found my SR1911 in Minneapolis Minnesota! :xmad:
    Updated scheduled delivery is for this Friday.
    How's that for 2nd Day Air?

Last edited:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I see this morning that apparently UPS found my SR1911 in Minneapolis Minnesota! :xmad:
    Updated scheduled delivery is for this Friday.
    How's that for 2nd Day Air?

That sucks man... sorry to hear UPS screwed you. They apparently "delivered" it to my house today, but I "wasnt home"... except I was during the posted delivery time. Im on my way out the door to the UPS hub to get my **** taken care of NOW. Expect a review tonight or tomorrow. :patriot:

Top Bottom