• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I talked to Ruger CS today and suggested that they call UPS and try to get a refund of the difference between 2nd-Day Air and 2nd-Week Air. She got a laugh out of that.
    I asked her what they did to my weapon and she read off the same thing you said in your update. Sounds like they ignored the complaint entirely and made something up. I hope they didn't touch the ramp or anything because there was nothing wrong there.
    I ran the tracking number again this evening and it has changed to Thursday for delivery.
    A cleaning cloth? Really? Big frikkin whoop-te-do! I was hoping for at least a hat.
    The CS rep told me that if I still had issues to call them back and they would get me on the line with the tech who worked on my SR. You may want to try that.
    I'll reserve judgement until it arrives but my hopes are low. . . :popcorn:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I'll reserve judgement until it arrives but my hopes are low. . . :popcorn:

Good luck to you... I can't say I'm unhappy with the sr itself though. The more I look and feel, it does seem like they filed it a bit. However the fact that it isn't entirely gone is concerning.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not that I'm gonna attack my SR1911 but does anyone know where can one get an assortment of stones for working on guns?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Upon opening the package I see my sr1911 in the protective case and box I mailed it in. Opened her up and immediately took the slide off. Now... I don't know about you, but I'm 99% sure that ridge is still there. I cant tell if they milled it or even tried to file it at all. It looks cleaner, maybe less pointy, but the lip remains none the less. I'm going to try to get to a range this weekend so I guess we shall see. Also, I checked the receipt and it does say "replaced front and rear sights"... I noted that the front seemed just a tiny bit loose and they took care of me there.

If it makes you feel any better, I see a difference.

I'm really wanting an SR1911 because I've been bitten by my last two Kimbers :eek:, but your thread is scaring me. :(

I can't wait for your post-'repair' AAR at the range.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Not that I'm gonna attack my SR1911 but does anyone know where can one get an assortment of stones for working on guns?

Brownells sells stones. I think fusion might as well. Other than that, you may have to hunt around for the "right" size and shape for the job you are doing.

Irishman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Bloomfield
    I am just reading this post, and am not home to go look at mine to see if I have the same issue. It will be the first thing I do when I get home. What range is your serial number in? Mine is 108xx, I was wondering if it is just in later numbers.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am just reading this post, and am not home to go look at mine to see if I have the same issue. It will be the first thing I do when I get home. What range is your serial number in? Mine is 108xx, I was wondering if it is just in later numbers.

Mine is 257xx.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Un-freakin-believable! UPS mis-routed my SR1911 AGAIN!!!
    It made it back to Indy yesterday morning, and instead of putting it on the truck to deliver to me, they sent it to Northern Indiana!!
    Now they say delivery will be tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it. :xmad:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Where are you? Call them and tell them you want to pick it up at the hub. Might be worth it instead of letting them screw it up again.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I hope mine is fixed better than that when I get it back. Can you feel the ridge with a finger nail or tool? I'd be sending a message to Mike Fifer if it still damages the brass. What a waste of time and money to have it shipped back and forth across the country multiple times for the same problem that they didn't fix the first time. BTW, if it still damages the brass, I think your CS score of 6 is WAY high! Don't be afraid to rate them honestly. It's just INGO; it's not the real world. haha

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Where are you? Call them and tell them you want to pick it up at the hub. Might be worth it instead of letting them screw it up again.

I live about 10 miles from the hub, but they tell me I can't pick it up there until its actually been out for delivery in a truck and delivery has failed. :dunno:

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I FINALLY GOT MY SR1911 BACK!!
    The ledge is completely gone, and they repaired or replaced the right grip on which the coating was peeling.
    No cleaning cloth, no hat, NOTHING extra in the box :(
    Oh well, at least I have it back.

Top Bottom