• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    McGalliard guns has one as of yesterday for the low low price of 999$. Just another reason that place disgust me, if it was for a buddy who dragged me there on a different trip, I wouldn't have stopped by.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    Yep. On a waiting list as well for low $600. I have seen them for MSRP but ignoring the shortage the street price seems like it should be in the $590-$630 range.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Got mine a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love it, I am taking it out tuesday to Midwest Gun and Range in Elkhart to put a few hundred rounds through it

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Dad has been waiting on one for almost 6 months now, our local shop says his distributor has had 2000+ (if I remember right) on order for that same time period, and has received a grand total of between 200-300 from Ruger so far. The ditributor is just working down their list like every other distributor and shop...

C'mon Ruger, how about I come and work 70 hours a week for you making something I actually care about?! LOL.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    this is the email i got from the prez of ruger

Simply put, demand for the SR1911 way exceeds our ability to keep up. We have shipped over 12,000 SR1911s, and have recently doubled our weekly production rate from about 300 per week to about 600 per week. (That was actually a big deal that took more than six months of prep and training and $3.5 million of equipment.)

We sell the SR1911s to independent distributors who then resell them to retailers, most often to their favorite retailers, which I am guessing means their biggest repeat customers. Unfortunately, that often means the smaller retailers do not always get their fair share. There is not much we can do about that, and it is frustrating.

I appreciate your patience. They are well worth the wait. Good luck!

Best regards,
    Mike Fifer

i call bs 12000 sr 1911's made... and i have yet to see one!

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    Series 70 in the sense it has the extra power firing pin spring and titanium firing pin, but not true 70 in that it has a standard bushing, not the collet bushing. So no goofy firing pin block via the trigger or grip safety.

I got to handle a SR1911 at Cabela's one day when I was randomly browsing last July, but didn't jump on it at the chance. Now I've been waiting forever to even get a glimpse of one. I just recently decided that I'll get one once the inventory is available, and decided to grab a SW1911TA is stainless to soothe my craving... for now.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    this is the email i got from the prez of ruger

Simply put, demand for the SR1911 way exceeds our ability to keep up. We have shipped over 12,000 SR1911s, and have recently doubled our weekly production rate from about 300 per week to about 600 per week. (That was actually a big deal that took more than six months of prep and training and $3.5 million of equipment.)
    We sell the SR1911s to independent distributors who then resell them to retailers, most often to their favorite retailers, which I am guessing means their biggest repeat customers. Unfortunately, that often means the smaller retailers do not always get their fair share. There is not much we can do about that, and it is frustrating.

I appreciate your patience. They are well worth the wait. Good luck!

Best regards,
    Mike Fifer
    i call bs 12000 sr 1911's made... and i have yet to see one!

What I don't understand is how they can be so unprepared to meet the demand. Obviously, they know that there is a huge 1911 market or they wouldn't have gotten into it in the first place. I want to believe that they would have done market research to estimate the interest in the new line. The buzz of the SR1911 hit the streets long before the first one made it to the assembly line.

It's business 101. You don't pump a lot of dollars into R&D without exploring the amount of demand. And if you cannot make the demand, you either do limited test runs in limited markets or you retool ahead of time. Instead, they launch a huge advertising campaign and every aficionado jumps on board. That creates a lot of dissatisfied customers and is not good for business.

The big concern is that quality will suffer as they are pressured to churn them out. All around, a lose-lose situation.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    What I don't understand is how they can be so unprepared to meet the demand. Obviously, they know that there is a huge 1911 market or they wouldn't have gotten into it in the first place. I want to believe that they would have done market research to estimate the interest in the new line. The buzz of the SR1911 hit the streets long before the first one made it to the assembly line.

It's business 101. You don't pump a lot of dollars into R&D without exploring the amount of demand. And if you cannot make the demand, you either do limited test runs in limited markets or you retool ahead of time. Instead, they launch a huge advertising campaign and every aficionado jumps on board. That creates a lot of dissatisfied customers and is not good for business.

The big concern is that quality will suffer as they are pressured to churn them out. All around, a lose-lose situation.

The problem (not a problem to them really) Is that everything they make is in really high demand, not just the 1911. From the stories and videos I saw when the sr1911 was released, they did their due diligence as well as any company could do. They spent yrs on the research. Bottom line, Ruger product line is extremely popular...as it deserves to be. Their Gunsite Scout rifle is still just as hard to come by as the SR1911, and it's been out longer.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom