• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emmitsmithxd9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Just want to hear everyones oppinions on this gun.

Good Carry, Accurate... Not a good carry, not accurate, Piece of junk... And so on. I want to hear all experiences good or bad.

Just want to make sure it is worth the buy.:):

Post up fellas.:popcorn:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    The P series is a good workhorse, the one's I've had and other's I've been around have all ate all factory ammo, they are reasonably accurate (4 inches at 25yds) they have a bit of a bulky feel to them but they are good general plinking and self defense guns, mags and grips are easy to find, If you find one for a good price buy it. There are many more "sexy" guns out there but you will pay double for them.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I love mine! when I first purchased it I intended to have it as a range gun and not for carry as it is a bit on heavy side and a bit bulky but its now my #1 carry. have shot thousands of rounds out of it and have never had an issue. very accurate if I do my part..over all just a good weapon and they are usually found at a good price.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Just want to hear everyones oppinions on this gun.

Good Carry, Accurate... Not a good carry, not accurate, Piece of junk... And so on. I want to hear all experiences good or bad.

Just want to make sure it is worth the buy.:):

Post up fellas.:popcorn:

Terrible carry, IMO - freaking huge.... But then again, so many people carry 1911's and they're huge, too. It's a preference.

You'll find one out of a hundred (maybe) who have problems with the P95.

I have one and absolutely love it. It's accurate and no FTE's or FTF's in over 2,000 rounds.

And considering the price (Bought mine new for $309 a few months ago) it can't be beat. No, seriously - for a $300 9mm pistol it's second to none.

That's my :twocents:

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I've had a stainless decocker P-95 for 2 years and 2K rds, most of that in 2007, when ammo was cheap and available. This is my home defense gun with a light /laser combo. Also SHTF gun with nylon gear ,5 mags,etc. If you like DA/SA format this gun can't be beat. Also I saved enough on P-95 over the $5-600 pistols to buy the Insight Tech. M-6 light/laser.With the DA you can always see/feel the hammer,more safe IMO. The P-95 is the best 9MM for the price, made in USA and WILL work when needed.

emmitsmithxd9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Nice info ty all, would you say it would be a good idea to get night sights for this, or are the default sights good enough?

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nice info ty all, would you say it would be a good idea to get night sights for this, or are the default sights good enough?

Well that's completely up to you.

If you want to SEE at night, then yeah, might wanna get them.

If you feel comfy enough that you can shoot without using your sights in a SD situation, leave them as is.

The sights are pretty decent sized dots if you ask me. I left mine as is, but it's not my nightstand gun either.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I love my P95 but it is for home protection next to the bed. A light and laser make it the perfect home defense weapon and it holds a massive amount of ammo in the 2 mags that come with the gun. It is dead on and with very little recoil I can easily follow up with more rounds. I was so impressed with the gun that I sold my XD45 and kept the Ruger. I would never carry it - too heavy and large - I carry a Kahr CW9.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I had both at the same time. The P95 did everything I wanted (home defense) and more (I was more accurate with the Ruger) so the xd didn't have a purpose. I sold the xd and bought a Kahr CW9 for CC, which neither the xd or p95 fulfilled. I'm happy with my choices.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    They're big, bulky, ugly and super-reliable, IMO..

I like the feel of the old metal S&Ws better, but I wouldn't toss a Ruger P-Series to the curb or anything!!

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I have a P95DC that I bought a few years ago brand new for $200. I know some people that know some people, that's how I got it.
    I rarely carry it, but it's there to carry.
    My aftermarket 15rd mags aren't very reliable, but the factory mags are GTG. I bought the 15 rounders during the ban (they were still readily available at very low cost). I should probably buy some new mags.
    It's a great gun. I love my XD40s, but since I already have a P95, I have no reason to buy an XD9.
    Rock solid pistol. next to impossible to wear out.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    I had a new P95DC when they first came out many moons ago. I carried it for about a year. Never any FTF's or FTE's and quite a few rounds through it. The only thing I didn't like was the clunk everytime the slide went back (almost like a HI-Point). Great gun though. I think I still have a 30rd magazine for it too.

emmitsmithxd9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    I had both at the same time. The P95 did everything I wanted (home defense) and more (I was more accurate with the Ruger) so the xd didn't have a purpose. I sold the xd and bought a Kahr CW9 for CC, which neither the xd or p95 fulfilled. I'm happy with my choices.

Well its what ever your happy with. Just figured XD is probably a little more accurate than the P95.

emmitsmithxd9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    I had a new P95DC when they first came out many moons ago. I carried it for about a year. Never any FTF's or FTE's and quite a few rounds through it. The only thing I didn't like was the clunk everytime the slide went back (almost like a HI-Point). Great gun though. I think I still have a 30rd magazine for it too.

How are the 30 round magazines? Do they jam alot?:ar15:

Top Bottom