• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Unpopular views are, by their very definition,ummmm.. _unpopular_. Expecting them to have instant respect isn't a good bet. But if it's what you truly believe - stick with it. People will eventually listen. Today's crazy crackpot is tomorrow's visonary....

I like that. I think I'll live by that. :yesway:

Sometimes. Sometimes they're just tomorrow's crackpot just with greyer hair.

I like that, too. I think I'll die by that. ;)

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Five days in jail is way too light. I'd give them a minimum of a year so they could really have time to think about it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "One young woman was allowed to defer her jail time so she could finish her final exams". Oh Hell No! Perhaps she hasn't had any physics classes yet but this would have been a great opportunity to learn that all actions have consequences!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "One young woman was allowed to defer her jail time so she could finish her final exams". Oh Hell No! Perhaps she hasn't had any physics classes yet but this would have been a great opportunity to learn that all actions have consequences!

Well, if she has a STEM major I'd probably let her take her finals. But likely her degree ends with "Studies".

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, if she has a STEM major I'd probably let her take her finals. But likely her degree ends with "Studies".

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the number of people who are participating in the ongoing stupidity who are also 1) enrolled on a STEM major, and 2) have the capability to complete the degree is . . . a very small number.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Do you not think their concerns are legitimate, or are you just speaking generally about some other protest, of iffy validity, that will come along and overshadow their honest concerns?

Seems to depend "which side" from which you get your news.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Do you not think their concerns are legitimate, or are you just speaking generally about some other protest, of iffy validity, that will come along and overshadow their honest concerns?

Is it possible that a pipeline could leak into the lake? Sure.
    Is it possible the chunnel can crack and kill thousands? Sure.
    Is it possible every tunnel in NYC onto manhattan and elsewhere can collapse? Sure.

Time to revoke all the special interest laws for Indian tribes. Heck, one of the worst things we allow is to continue reservations. Get rid of the reservations and special laws and just give families the land. Done. Welcome to America.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom