• MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Nice conversion CZ Top.:yesway:

I did a little converting myself today. I wanted a "cart" to haul my gear down range for NRL22 matches since it was decided we would use the 50 yard "mound" as our firing line.

I got a CED/DAA RangeCart Pro which is setup to carry one of their large pistol bags but didn't have any provisions to carry a rifle except to put it in a case and strap it on. So I added a barrel pocket and a ladder strap with a piece of double faced velcro. I think it will work well and I don't have to mess with a case on the firing line.

eC4HfBw.jpg

wYPCSTv.jpg

JpE18M1.jpg

The blue painters tape on the stock temporarily holds the cheek riser in place until I'm sure it is located where I want it.

Smart looking setup, Tarzan ! :yesway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nice conversion CZ Top.:yesway:

I did a little converting myself today. I wanted a "cart" to haul my gear down range for NRL22 matches since it was decided we would use the 50 yard "mound" as our firing line.

I got a CED/DAA RangeCart Pro which is setup to carry one of their large pistol bags but didn't have any provisions to carry a rifle except to put it in a case and strap it on. So I added a barrel pocket and a ladder strap with a piece of double faced velcro. I think it will work well and I don't have to mess with a case on the firing line.

eC4HfBw.jpg

wYPCSTv.jpg

JpE18M1.jpg

The blue painters tape on the stock temporarily holds the cheek riser in place until I'm sure it is located where I want it.

Looks like it'll work great! :yesway:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Kidd trigger housing pins tightened my beater 10/22 somewhat, but not fully.
    Saw the mod where a set screw through back of receiver can snug the assembly.
    Still some action rock.
    Checked screw length, not bottomed.
    So said screw it and folded an index card over...........not quite thick enough.
    Had some cork, laid it in front of bbl channel (what little there is- overton stock- only at tip).
    And it just takes the rock out, may have some upward pressure but minimal.

Shoot tomorrow. If crap, swap to other old bbl and try again.
    If no positive trend seen, could yank the newer bbl off the 50th and try.

I'm not in that much of a tinkering mood.
    Proly yank the scope and turn it into trading stock (the rifle).
    No GM sporter 20" bbls around so enough is enough.

If it doesn't put CCI mini mag, Blazer or WW Super X into a decent hunting group............away it goes.
    Let somebody else mess with it.

If it goes the 2-7X VX1 will go onto the CZ455 and the Leupold Freedom 3-9X EFR goes bye bye.
    Really like the 2-7X on a .22 rf, or big game rifle for that matter.
    Never did like the new Freedom EFR rear eye bell. Too cylindrical in profile.
    Like a classic looking scope.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Yup, got 2 days and I'll have a decision, this rimfire madness will be over.
    Sorry boys, but I'm not gonna play it any longer.
    The CZ shoots OK w SK rifle match. And it appears to do tolerable w CCI Blazer.
    And I haven't done crap to it.

Kinda like that.

Proly get a DIP rail and use reg Weaver type rings.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Interested in seeing your results Hookeye. Thanks for the update.

I'm still slightly interested in doing a 10/22 build, especially after seeing another one in here with the Magpul stock. I was looking at Brownells barrelled receiver deals they had as a foundation. They have a railed receiver and heavy barrel for $129.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/barreled-receivers/brn-22-barreled-receiver-for-ruger-10-22--prod116209.aspx?avs%7cMake%7e%7eModel_1=Ruger__10zz1zz22

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Best of luck Hookeye!

10/22s can be addicting in time and money Tdogg! You’ve been warned! :D

I feel like I’ve been neglecting my 22s lately. Another one went on the block, but I’m debating on another one.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    An item on my .22LR pistol "wish list" came true today. :rockwoot:
    A .22LR pistol that had been "liquored-up" with mostly Volquartsen and some Tandemkross parts.

All these built on a Ruger Mk 3 Target frame with a Volquartsen LLV 6.5” Threaded Upper and Volquartsen Target sights.
    Also a Volquartsen Accurazing Kit and a TandemKross flat-faced Victory Trigger with under a 2# trigger. :wow:

I was pleased after the 1st magazine, and I could tell it was going to be enjoyable-to-shoot top-performer.
    I'm hoping that the Volquartsen will give me the strength to be able to sell some of my others that I need to trim.
    jOBsQqp.png

Range pics with other pistols, but they all needed the sights adjusted, but I judge according to the groups (like I've been taught).
    Groups with the Ruger Volquartsen are the best.
    All done on a rest at 30'.
    sRN8BOn.jpg

Top and middle done at 50' & the bottom two done at 20', along with the little "man icon" at the bottom middle.
    I always shoot starting on the right then moving left, so you can see where the bottom left was the last I shot and the best I shot: fun!
    When I paint the front sight with usual red so I can see it better, I should improve and be more consistent.
    fZXE6Wh.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Nice shooting doddg. Looks like you found a winner. What ammo were you using?

I thought I wrote it on both targets, but I just noticed on the one: CCI Standard Velocity (1030 or 1070 FPS).
    Yes, I'm quite excited about it.
    I didn't even have time to do any free hand shooting, but that's always depressing after shooting on a rest anyway.
    I was pressed for time and only had an hour instead of 2 hours.

I think this will be to my .22LRs what my CZ Shadow 2 is to my 9mms.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I thought I wrote it on both targets, but I just noticed on the one: CCI Standard Velocity (1030 or 1070 FPS).
    Yes, I'm quite excited about it.
    I didn't even have time to do any free hand shooting, but that's always depressing after shooting on a rest anyway.
    I was pressed for time and only had an hour instead of 2 hours.

I think this will be to my .22LRs what my CZ Shadow 2 is to my 9mms.
    Now I see where it says CCI SV, it got lost in your other writing.

I think the Shadow 2 comparison is spot on.

So what .22 pistols are you looking at "trimming" ?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Now I see where it says CCI SV, it got lost in your other writing.
    I think the Shadow 2 comparison is spot on.
    So what .22 pistols are you looking at "trimming" ?

The possibilities are:
    SW 41,
    Colt Target,
    Browning Buckmark Target (7.25" barrel),
    SW Victory that was set up for Steel Matches with 5 mags and a red dot,
    Ruger Charger, which I don't need since I bought the Ruger 10/22 Mannlicher rifle, 1132 model from a member here, like most of the others.
    I think I'll put the SW 41 along with the Colt Target up for sale whenever I get around to it.
    Both are "specialty" items and will take longer to sell.
    I've been sidetracked lately with .22LR rifles.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A worthy distraction.

I certainly have enjoyed following your epic journey: much to be learned from you.
    I am looking forward to another range visit with you this summer, but you've really been busy hopping from one match to another!
    Next range time it will be more than just a couple of CZs with a little bit of .22LR pistol/revolver steel time, but will be you be teaching me how to shoot at 50 yds., and if you want to get a good laugh, 100 yds., of which I cannot imagine.
    My little Nikon 3-9 x40 scope that came on my Ruger 10/22 Mannlicher probably won't even see that far.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Congrats doddg!

Thanks so much :thumbsup:; I haven't been this happy in a purchase for awhile, and this time it wasn't b/c I "stole" a gun b/c of its price, but b/c of the quality I got.
    I do think the price was a value for what I got, so no regret there.
    It is what I've been looking for, and getting it off a trusted member takes the apprehension out of the upgrades being done correctly, like when the Wizard works on your CZ: you know it will be absolutely right.

Just another example of when you spring for twice the usual money in a certain genre, you get a better "tool," just like the CZ Shadow 2, or even the Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp .357 that I enjoyed shooting so much: ergonomics very satisfying.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom