• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Both of my Ruger 10/22 AND my Magnum research 10/22 had trouble extracting. I put VQ extractors in both Ruger to fix the problem. I later put a Kidd bolt in my smallbore gun and the MR1022 to get better groups. Factory head space is generous on the Ruger and a bit loose on even the MR.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    For the people with the 10/22 builds. Are you using factory Ruger receivers or aftermarket, and why one versus the other?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I used a Kidd receiver. It was less than buying a Ruger 10/22 and replacing everything except the receiver and mag.

Plus the Kidd receiver can be used with a Victor Titan stock and the Victor Kidd Compatible Rear Anchor to have two bolts locking the receiver down instead of one.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For the people with the 10/22 builds. Are you using factory Ruger receivers or aftermarket, and why one versus the other?

I know I’m not the right to ask, but both of mine are TacSol receivers. Comes down to I bought complete TacSol rifles and I really like design changes TacSol went with. It’s also stupid expensive, so there’s that against it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Dunno.
    Proly is.
    Have another old "pre warning" bbl.
    Might swap in and try.

Both might be crap LOL.

Hook, try sending one of those bbls to Randy at CPC for rechambering and a new crown. Price is reasonable and results on one stainless bbl I did were spectacular. The others were definitely improved, but that stainless one would nearly shoot with my Kidd bbls.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I thought about sending the nicer finish bbl to CPC.
    Then again I thought about a GM sporter 20"

Have a bit of action rock, since I free floated it.
    Thinking about a V spring laid in forend hollow to push up near the V block (but just on bbl).
    Folks say to bed that area to stop the rock.
    Am wondering about trying diff spring pressure back there.
    The forend is inlet from V block to 2" from the front.

Idea is fab some kydex into leaf spring, w turned up V. Can heat to bend for diff pressures.
    Dunno if worth a try or not Make one see if rocking goes away.
    Something to fool with next weekend.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Nice read, thanks. I just realized I only have around 3500 rounds of CCI SV, so I'll need to order more soon... ;)

I hear you! Last night I ordered from targetsportsusa.com
    TS0035-BULK - 0035CCI Standard Velocity 22 Long Rifle Ammo 40 Grain Lead Round Nose-Case of 5000 (10 Boxes of 500) - FREE SHIPPING1$239.90$239.90

Walmart had Remington Golden Buckets/1400 rounds 2 weekends ago for $45 (3 cents/ea.) and I missed it.
    It had been on sale for "some time" and when I went to get some last weekend: sale over!
    I had $120 in gift cards (retirement party) for Cabelas and got 8 different items: ammo, handgun rugs & a shirt). :laugh:
    Cabelas had the Golden Buckets for $85 (6 cents/ea.): outrageous! :dunno:
    Been buying one every few months for $70 at Hoosier Armory (5 cents/ea.).
    Cabelas did have another brand (not familiar) of some copper-covered round-nose rounds that were $63 ((4.3 cents/ea.).

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Ruger receiver here too, though I'm just starting the build. May change it out down the road. I have smoothed out the thing a fair bit. Same for the bolt.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Pretty great mail call today. Kidd 10/22 trigger and buffer pin, AR scope riser and Striplin gas pedal. All installed. The riser is for the 15-22 and now I'll work with it more to see what it may hold for steel challenge. Gas pedal is for the MK 4.

The Kidd trigger rocks! Nice clean break and super short reset just like i hoped for. Had a dumbhead moment though. Got sidetracked with the recoil pin and put the BX trigger right back in. Pulled it and thought, huh- this ain't much different than what I had. Realized my mistake and on trying the Kidd out for real- hallelujah!

Gotta wait till tomorrow, but there will be some shooting going on then!

Top Bottom