• ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    UzFTqEr.jpg

Well ain't that cute.. not jealous, I swear!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    My pile of rimfire race guns. Just picked up the xring from sportsmans for 599 shipped. My precision rimfire is a ruger American target that's a tack driver. I've got a pump remington that was my first gun, and recently was given the savage 410/22 over under that was my best friend and squirrel eraser all through school. More into race guns at this stage in life tho.

LfouSgE.jpg

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I made a new acquisition today, that required letting go of some less shot pistols this week to make happen. A not so local chap has had this for a few months, and I decided last Monday that this would be the centerpiece of my collection.

0Xlqxld.jpg

K6vOmc4.jpg

It's a Volquartsen custom piece. It's an 11.5" carbon fiber barrel with a built in compensator. Overall length from the end of the receiver to the muzzle is just under 16", but it only weighs 20.6oz. You feel the length, it swings slowly but it's very stable.

v0ZCkh6.jpg

It's overall size is ridiculous though, reminds of the Joker's revolver from the 1989 Batman. From the left to right: 4.5" Hunter, 6" VQ LLV*, 6.88" Hunter, 11.5" CF VQ.
    *I'm pretty sure that the LLV is 6.5 with the threaded barrel

vykFwVI.jpg

It's the little things like the machining of the compensator that really set this off. Just meticulous attention to detail by VQ.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    My pile of rimfire race guns. Just picked up the xring from sportsmans for 599 shipped. My precision rimfire is a ruger American target that's a tack driver. I've got a pump remington that was my first gun, and recently was given the savage 410/22 over under that was my best friend and squirrel eraser all through school. More into race guns at this stage in life tho.

LfouSgE.jpg

Nice! But check the front mount of the red dot on the rifle. It doesn't look right.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just saw this thread and only read a couple of pages so far Turbo, very enjoyable. :thumbsup:
    Looks like it will be my morning reading. :coffee:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My latest and greatest acquisition (last week) that I'm so pleased with in every possible way:

Dan Wesson 8"; 6 shot; 54 oz.
    I had a DW 4" barrel last summer but it needed "dialed in" but this one came ready to roll and with the tools to adjust.
    WdrA0up.jpg

Dan Wesson 4" barrel I had last June:
    Wurqd5Z.jpg
    LopekKE.jpg

My first indulgence bought new July 2017 that I was my favorite .22LR revolver till I met this DW.
    Ruger GP100 5.5"; 10 shot
    pxWXtIq.jpg

Last edited:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had a good talk at Wirthwein yesterday (where the VQ receiver came from) and some of it must have stuck. Mostly it was pros/cons and that even they are headed away from custom pieces for the IIIs. I found myself talking with the wife most of the morning about MkIVs. The target grips on the competition model keep my thumb out and solve my annoyance with the safeties.

So after much debate about the ability to build one frame and just swap receivers has an appeal, easy and less expensive. We hit the 1500, no competition models to be found. Head out to Bradis, it sold less than ten minutes before I got there. The solution was a trip to Buds and a Competition is on its way.

I enjoy my MkIIIs but I’ve noted an increasing difficulty in finding nice MkIIIs lately, at least ones that aren’t priced in MkIV territory. For all the hate the MkIIIs get, prices have been increasing to a point where it hard to justify increasing the quantity of those frames at the moment. At some point, dollars dictate that you have to move to the new platform if you want to keep playing.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I had a good talk at Wirthwein yesterday (where the VQ receiver came from) and some of it must have stuck. Mostly it was pros/cons and that even they are headed away from custom pieces for the IIIs. I found myself talking with the wife most of the morning about MkIVs. The target grips on the competition model keep my thumb out and solve my annoyance with the safeties.

So after much debate about the ability to build one frame and just swap receivers has an appeal, easy and less expensive. We hit the 1500, no competition models to be found. Head out to Bradis, it sold less than ten minutes before I got there. The solution was a trip to Buds and a Competition is on its way.

I enjoy my MkIIIs but I’ve noted an increasing difficulty in finding nice MkIIIs lately, at least ones that aren’t priced in MkIV territory. For all the hate the MkIIIs get, prices have been increasing to a point where it hard to justify increasing the quantity of those frames at the moment. At some point, dollars dictate that you have to move to the new platform if you want to keep playing.

After all the trouble I had with my last MK III, I won't ever own another one. II or IV will be my next Ruger. III is the bastard child with that LCI and the magazine disconnect.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    After all the trouble I had with my last MK III, I won't ever own another one. II or IV will be my next Ruger. III is the bastard child with that LCI and the magazine disconnect.
    Turbo and I had a brief conversation about this too- the issues with the MKIII led to lower prices, but in doing so, only the diehard went for them, leading to less demand for aftermarket goodies.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

$20 solves both of those problems. After than it’s just like a MkII, but without a heel release for the magazine and still running a bit cheaper. They just aren’t as cheap as they were.

That said the LCI is super easy to remove on every barrel except the 22/45 Lite. It’s glued in on that model. I don’t know why.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    $20 solves both of those problems. After than it’s just like a MkII, but without a heel release for the magazine and still running a bit cheaper. They just aren’t as cheap as they were.

That said the LCI is super easy to remove on every barrel except the 22/45 Lite. It’s glued in on that model. I don’t know why.

Very familiar with the platform and the available upgrades. Last one (22/45) just would NOT be satisfactorily modified. Glad yours have worked out.

Top Bottom