• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    First you check your soul in with Satan, then just apply for the job.

It is a ****** job, with ****** pay that also comes with the potential to get yourself shot.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    HAHAH can't help you but I have been looking to move my business towards this as well.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd rather just be a tow truck driver and help people instead of being a repo man and pissing people off...
    :twocents:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Well unless things have changed quite a lot, 1st you need to be a car thief, develop a sleaze ball mentality and lack of morals and you'll be well on your way. At one time the big money was in repo'ing big rigs

Have you seen that show where they repo high end things. I saw them do a plane, a yacht, a few motorhomes, big rigs etc. Interesting stuff!!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well unless things have changed quite a lot, 1st you need to be a car thief, develop a sleaze ball mentality and lack of morals and you'll be well on your way. At one time the big money was in repo'ing big rigs

Um, what's sleazy about repo'ing vehicles that deadbeats don't make payments on? Are the banks just supposed to ask nicely for the deadbeats to turn their cars in?

I've said for years that repo is the business to get in to in Kokomo. It was obvious that the decline of Chrysler and GM was coming.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Um, what's sleazy about repo'ing vehicles that deadbeats don't make payments on? Are the banks just supposed to ask nicely for the deadbeats to turn their cars in?

I've said for years that repo is the business to get in to in Kokomo. It was obvious that the decline of Chrysler and GM was coming.

I used to work for a credit company that did used car loans. Our repo guys were scumbags. I don't think the job itself is sleazy, but it seems to attract the wrong sort.

A few years ago, when everyone was selling new cars at 0%, it killed the company. When it was time to lay off the three repo men, the company brought in over a dozen cops to be on hand for the "event".

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009

I was kinda wondering the same thing after reading the posts in this thread. Normally gun owners are a pretty conservative lot, and champion honesty, responsibility and accountability. I suppose all of that doesn't apply to vehicle loan/lease contracts. Everyone knows that banks are evil, and that every American has a God-given right to a new car without actually paying for it. I think I'll go out and sign for a new Dodge Challenger this afternoon, before they go out of business. I'll even make 2 or 3 payments on it. Or not. :):

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ya, I think everyone who signs a loan and doesn't make the payments knows that they will lose said property they bought with the loan. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who hampers with the repo of a vehicle or whatever should be charged with theft or whatever.

I don't doubt that some repo men are unsavory characters but the job itself isn't. Don't want to be hassled by a repo man? Then make your payments.

Top Bottom