• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I sent an email to the vigo county sheriff.

This is his reply:

"
    Mr. Wells,

Thank you for forwarding me this letter from Sheriff Mueller. As I have commented in many speaking engagements recently, I remind the audience about my friend Brent Long, the THPD officer killed nearly two years ago. He was killed by a felon with a gun who by law was not allowed to have one and further more bought the gun from a felon who shouldn't have had one. I think that this statement alone speaks volumes to the fact that criminals are the problem and not law abiding citizens.

As one of my deputies put it "the genie is already out of the bottle". Lets truly punish those criminals who violate current laws not our citizens.

Sheriff Greg Ewing
    Vigo County, IN"

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    TAlways good to hear common sense straight from the mouth of a Sheriff. Another example of an LEO on our side, as the vast majority LEOs on the front lines are pro-2A. :yesway::yesway:

drummerGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2012
    The Haute
    I sent an email to the vigo county sheriff.

This is his reply:

"
    Mr. Wells,

Thank you for forwarding me this letter from Sheriff Mueller. As I have commented in many speaking engagements recently, I remind the audience about my friend Brent Long, the THPD officer killed nearly two years ago. He was killed by a felon with a gun who by law was not allowed to have one and further more bought the gun from a felon who shouldn't have had one. I think that this statement alone speaks volumes to the fact that criminals are the problem and not law abiding citizens.

As one of my deputies put it "the genie is already out of the bottle". Lets truly punish those criminals who violate current laws not our citizens.

Sheriff Greg Ewing
    Vigo County, IN"

Did you see his remarks on WTHITV last week about "sporting rifles" (aka assault rifles)? The story was hidden quickly on News 10 because of negative comments on their site. Mr. Ewing made a statement that pertained to full auto weapons while holding an AR. I am still in the don't know camp about Mr. Ewing and his position on the 2nd. I will look for the article on WTHTV and post a link.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I grew up near Greg and know his family. That said, I'm not positive where he stands on enforcing any new gun or magazine bans. His letter to the OP was somewhat vague. I'm glad he knows that law abiding citizens are not the problem, but the question remains, will he enforce unconstitutional legislation. His letter did not say one way or the other.

Kraor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Knox County
    Good deal. I talked to our local law enforcement when I ran into him in the grocery and ask him what he would do when they told him to come confiscate our weapons.. He said he would come to my house and help me fill out the theft report... :)

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I talked to a LEO from Marion County the other day. He said law abiding people are not the problem and neither are high cap. mags. The problem is simple, criminals do not care about laws and making more laws, banning guns, and background checks for non felons will not help. All a person has to do is carry more magazines or more guns. He also stated that in 28 yrs on the force he has seen no one killed with an AR and only one with an AK. Lets face it bullets kill not magazines.

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I grew up near Greg and know his family. That said, I'm not positive where he stands on enforcing any new gun or magazine bans. His letter to the OP was somewhat vague. I'm glad he knows that law abiding citizens are not the problem, but the question remains, will he enforce unconstitutional legislation. His letter did not say one way or the other.

Yeah I felt it was somewhat vague also. He didn't really say what he stood for.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

Law enforcement does not usually get to pick and chose which laws they enforce. They have to wait until its deemed unconstitutional.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    ewing

My son is a junior sheriff in Vigo county and this topic has come up many times by junior sheriffs as well as parents, I know because I have asked him personally. Ewing will not order his deputies to collect firearms, he said that would be an order no one would want/could follow plus the negative possible outcomes to his deputies as well as the public. As to the topic of ar and high cap mags I think he is undecided or wont say which way he leans but this story makes you think he is against them. :twocents:

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012

I got that feeling from his reply too.

I don't consider my 2A rights a genie that escaped from a bottle.

TGovert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Grew Ewing's statement regarding assault rifles and magazines

I also wrote Sheriff Ewing regarding his eroneous public statement to WTHI-TV, essentially implying that assault rifles were inherently evil because they sprayed bullets, but pistols only fired one bullet per trigger pull. I too have known Greg and his sister for many years. I told him that I was quite disappointed with his apparently PC statement. I kindly asked him to correct his statement. He has not replied, nor has he made an effort to set the record straight. Many folks in the media spew uninformed statements based on their ignorance. When a Sheriff, such as Greg Ewing does so, it is a blatant lie, since he knows that his statement is false (or at least purposely skewed).

I'm still undecided if Sheriff Ewing is a law man; or if he is a full-fledged politician now. I guess we will see.

Top Bottom