• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I may be taking a picture of my train wreck tonight just to add some realism to this thread. I just have to figure out a better way of posting pictures than using photobucket.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Mine sometimes gets messier, especially mid season stuff just gets dumped on the bench. But when I load I like it somewhat tidy, as in my picture above (post #613). My first pic was from just after I set up the room, and it hasn't been THAT clean since.

-rvb

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For realism:

IMG_0779_zpsturtuy7s.jpg

Dillon Square Deal with broken handle. New one arrived on the brown truck yesterday. Second Square Deal with a high dollar black trash bag cover. Buckets of brass, various plastic ammo cans, old TV to hook to iPad, calipers, powder, bullets, tools on the bench. To the right is my old desk with gunsmithing types of tools and a bench vise. Lots of cleaning stuff like solvents and rags on the desk. All in a nice unheated garage but there are a couple space heaters out there that keep the immediate area warm. Fan in the summer.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I actually downgraded in 2016 by selling off a little used Hornady LnL Progressive and going back to LEE Turrets set up mostly for .38 and .357, have yet to miss it. Below are before and after shots of my small reloading area makeover. While the new set-up requires less twisting of my upper torso; it has proven to be less convenient when it comes to multi-tasking. I keep the tumbler and media out in the garage due to the noise and spillage that somehow always seem to occur while sifting.

View attachment 52236

View attachment 52237

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I actually downgraded in 2016 by selling off a little used Hornady LnL Progressive and going back to LEE Turrets set up mostly for .38 and .357, have yet to miss it. Below are before and after shots of my small reloading area makeover. While the new set-up requires less twisting of my upper torso; it has proven to be less convenient when it comes to multi-tasking. I keep the tumbler and media out in the garage due to the noise and spillage that somehow always seem to occur while sifting.

attachment.php

Brilliant! I never thought to put a toilet in my reloading room!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Brilliant! I never thought to put a toilet in my reloading room!

Well I normally surf INGO while dropping deuce but who am I argue with the efficiency of knocking out some .38. At least I know my wife won't be interrupting me.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

View attachment 52236

Doubles as a wet tumbler

Absolutely hilarious!!! :lmfao:

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have posted a few pictures here and there in this forum, but here are the most recent versions that shows the entire room as "fully functional".

The room is a small room I built in the basement that my wife calls the "Harry Potter Closet" because it is so small (10x9).

I recently added a 2-foot extension to the right of the main bench which also doubles as my powder magazine and as a way to isolate my scales from the main bench which may have bumps and shakes. I have never seen it really affect the scales, but I figured it couldn't hurt to isolate them on their own table anyway.

The main bench is based on the readily-available NRMA loading bench plans. I elected not to add the shelf doors and made a few other modifications which included some additional cross braces for the main top and other slight enhancements. This thing is solid as a rock, and it took 3 of us to move it to the left about 6 inches just so I could squeeze in the new bench extension.

Here is a link to the plans:

https://sites.google.com/site/grassrocketranch/the-nrma-reloading-bench

And here are the pics!

Here is a closeup of the extension/powder magazine:

Primer Magazine (under the bench):

Case Prep Area:

DLW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2017
    Muncie
    A couple of photos of my reloading area. The Dillon 550 is set up for .223 with case and bullet feeders. I have 2 square deal B's set up for 9mm and 10mm. Plus I reload 20ga and .410. First time posting hope I got it right.

Attachments

• IMG_20161220_085905659.jpg
      IMG_20161220_085905659.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 94
    • IMG_20161222_173859676.jpg
      IMG_20161222_173859676.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 85

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    A couple of photos of my reloading area. The Dillon 550 is set up for .223 with case and bullet feeders. I have 2 square deal B's set up for 9mm and 10mm. Plus I reload 20ga and .410. First time posting hope I got it right.

You got it just fine, and it looks great. Is that an RCBS (green) press all the way to the left in the first image?

DLW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2017
    Muncie
    Yes it is. I reload different than most probably. I deprime and size on the green press one at a time. And also hand prime one at a time. I cast my bullets, size, powder coat and resize them. Then run them through the blue press. I'm retired so I'm not in a hurry anymore to get things done.

Top Bottom