• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Perfect example of “don’t put all your guns in one safe”. Diversify your storage locations and buy multiples of your favorites.

Wait... that sounds crazy

Sadly someday it will likely come to that and those that do try to keep their weapons will be criminals.

This is why I get frustrated when people willingly want to give their rights away. “Oh well it is just a silly bump stock, stupid gimmick and I ain’t got no use for it”.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is funny, I keep hearing that parroted, but, I don't recall reading it here on INGO.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's not the best opsec to openly discuss that you've sprinkled your resources around to thwart your entire cache being compromised.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    This is why I get frustrated when people willingly want to give their rights away. “Oh well it is just a silly bump stock, stupid gimmick and I ain’t got no use for it”.

It is funny, I keep hearing that parroted, but, I don't recall reading it here on INGO.

Interesting... Even on INGO there are many who are willing to trade in the rights that others exercise for the rights that they themselves want to exercise. Essentially "Take want you want, as long as I get what I want." Quotes and links below.....

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/443468-nra-supports-bump-stock-regulation.html#post7258820

Trading a worthless, but fun, toy in exchange for reciprocity is something I can get behind.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/443468-nra-supports-bump-stock-regulation.html#post7258845

But I am of the opinion that bump fire stocks is not the political hill worth dying upon.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/443468-nra-supports-bump-stock-regulation-2.html#post7259017

I'd happily exchange a what most consider to be a gimmicky boutique item for something that's very, very useful - suppressors.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/443468-nra-supports-bump-stock-regulation-2.html#post7259117

Agreed!!! A worthless toy at best. Who really needs one of these Rube Goldberg devices? Wannabes?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/443468-nra-supports-bump-stock-regulation-2.html#post7259192

I’ve always thought bump stocks were silly, and to be honest, I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. If the NRA is able to work national reciprocity out of a potential bill, I wouldn’t be mad in the slightest

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/443468-nra-supports-bump-stock-regulation-5.html#post7259509

Bump firing is no longer an expensive range trick. A stupid range toy. It should be banned.

That is just a few. If you search INGO further, you will find more.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

When you see all of this stacked up it does look to be exactly as stated.
    I personally could not care who does or does not own/want to own a bumpstock. But we will need to start drawing lines in the sand somewhere sometime.

Question is, When.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I personally could not care who does or does not own/want to own a bumpstock. But we will need to start drawing lines in the sand somewhere sometime.

Question is, When.

That time seems to be getting closer

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I remember those posts, now that you pulled them up. The one thing I'd discount though, is that if this issue had been a chip to be traded for something of real value (like removing suppressors, SBRs, and SBSs from the NFA) would have been a net win. But caving and getting NOTHING is akin to giving the bully your lunch money so he'll be your friend.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK, since bumpstocks are the exact same thing as red flag laws :rolleyes:, what exactly would the smart one's among us have the rest of us do?

Be careful in your explanation now :nono:; you need to sell us your plan rather than the often (failed) attempt at shaming us into something.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    OK, since bumpstocks are the exact same thing as red flag laws :rolleyes:, what exactly would the smart one's among us have the rest of us do?

Be careful in your explanation now, you need to sell us your plan rather than the often (failed) attempt at shaming us into it.

Resist both. Complain to your legislators the you believe both are affronteries to good constitutional adherence? That's what I plan on doing.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    That line of thinking is complete $%^&. You, yes you gun owner who justifies infringement on our 2nd amendment, is what is wrong with the USA. In my book there is no middle ground.

Ok, I read the article. Well, if the details were accurate, I think this is the right move. Even if the firearms were locked and the juvenile has access to them, this was the right thing to do. But the whole process could be polished. My aplogies for jumping conclusion before reading the article. I'm only human.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    And this is exactly why I have zero faith in confiscated guns ever being returned. Cops have sticky fingers and frequently consider themselves above the law. If they want your guns for themselves, or they think they know better than the court, you're never getting your property back. The only way to win is not to allow confiscation in the first place.
    We should go shooting together sometime. I have some really sweet guns that you may like.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That line of thinking is complete $%^&. You, yes you gun owner who justifies infringement on our 2nd amendment, is what is wrong with the USA. In my book there is no middle ground.

If we don't find a way to educate the negligent dumbasses among us, then it doesn't matter what you think or I think or any other gun owner thinks. Others will make that decision for us.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    It is easy to see why this topic gets folks agitated. This is really frustrating...

I think we all feel somewhat helpless in the face of an obvious anti-2A gun grab that is LEGAL in a lot of places including Indiana. Sucks.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    And this is exactly why I have zero faith in confiscated guns ever being returned. Cops have sticky fingers and frequently consider themselves above the law. If they want your guns for themselves, or they think they know better than the court, you're never getting your property back. The only way to win is not to allow confiscation in the first place.

Probably one of the most uniformed posts I've seen here in a LONG time. I would consider this an out and out LIE.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Question is, When.
    My line has been drawn for a while now. I don't own a bump stock and actually never did. I meant to grab a couple as investments but never got around to it and I never needed one to shoot fast. But if I had one I for sure wouldn't be turning it in or destroying it, and I hope no one does and if they try to came take them from someone they should take it as a door to door gun confiscation and act accordingly. There is no difference IMO
    I hear people say they will never come for our guns door to door but they already ****ing are people. Get your heads out of the ****ing sand and stop thinking you are untouchable or unaffected so it's not your fight. (Not directed at CM, he and I pretty much see eye to eye on this I believe)
    If they want them I hope they are ready for the consequences. And dont cry and call yourselves heros when you see the outcome across this country. If you come for any guns you are a tyrant period. The redcoats are coming

Top Bottom