• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    With some of the recent commentary in this thread I thought it worthwhile to revisit this.

I watched this sometime back. I don't know if I previously posted the link or not. Regardless it is worth reposting and pointing out that Vivek Ramaswamy lays out his legal rationale and methodology for accomplishing much of the government reduction he has spoken of.

The link is to a Sean Ryan almost 2 hour interview.

If you want to skip to about the 40 minute point he lays out his legal basis which is 5 United States Code paragraph 3302. Further he is counting upon the current constitutionalist Supreme Court and Court challenges to his changes to set precedent which will effectively neuter the administrative state and permit the executive to again control the executive branch for a long time.

I have no way of knowing the legal viability or probabilities of his achieving success with this approach. It is however the most clearly ennunciated plan I have heard from a candidate in my life to restore this nation to something approaching the constitution's intent.

Couple his reference to 5 USC, to other remarks referencing the 10th amendment when discussing government overreach and the regulatory burden it imposes, and lawyers who think like him might make a good case to the SCOTUS.

Oh, and if you want a chuckle listen through the 55 minute mark.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have to admit that his manner of using cold logic in his talking points had that chick SO upset. She just couldn't help herself but give in to talking over him and trying to derail him in mid-thought--and it still didn't work. I'm slowly becoming a fan... Doubt he'll make it through the primaries, but he's doing a great job of setting himself up for the future.
    Could be, he's getting his name out there for 2028

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Could be, he's getting his name out there for 2028
    Not trying to be an ageist, but I'm a bit more likely to vote for a 41 yo Ramaswamy than a 37 yo one. Especially if he has a long enough stint in a Republican administration first.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico

I took piano lessons for 7 years. Never got that good, but play a pretty mean Jim Croce’s “Time in a Bottle”. If you know ahead of time what I’m playing you might even be able to recognize it. Maybe. Probably not.

Edit: I’d say he has that memorized and only opened the sheet music for effect. We had to memorize complete pieces by Bach, Brahms, Mozart, etc for competitions. By the time you got around to actually playing it you were sick of it!!

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Apparently, Jake Paul is a fan of Ramaswamy. He told Vivek that he knocked out his opponent because he said he voted for Biden. :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "I think there's two America first candidates in this race," Ramaswamy said. "That's Donald Trump and me."

While that may be true. A vast majority appear to still want the original among the candidates in this primary race.

I think if Trump weren't running Vivek could likely get their support among the other candidates.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This clip demonstrates another example of why I now get the impression that Ramaswamy is legit and his passion for these issues are real. I'm with Trump when he says he likes Ramaswamy. I like him too and not just because he likes Trump.
    Remember when @BugI02 caught a lot of flack, of the 'you like him because you don't like DeSantis' type, way back when he said 'swamy was his number two pick with reservations months ago?

@BugI02 remembers

(Not saying from you, KG; just using your post as a springboard)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah I honestly think I do recall that you said that Bug. at the time. I'll admit that I wasn't as focused on Ramaswamy back then. But my focus started to pivot once I started becoming more familiar with him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Remember when @BugI02 caught a lot of flack, of the 'you like him because you don't like DeSantis' type, way back when he said 'swamy was his number two pick with reservations months ago?

@BugI02 remembers

(Not saying from you, KG;
    just using your post as a springboard)
    ...to make a non-point? You'll have to explain that "you like him because you don't like DeSantis" type. No one seems to fit that description.

Top Bottom