• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    They pull everybody over in Walkerton it seems, but I have somehow avoided it.
    Me too, except that 1 time in the 90's. 2 tickets and the truck impounded for expired plates. Was my brother's truck, I asked the chief if he borrowed someone's truck does he look at the plates?
    No?, so he threw that one out

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you get stopped and it's going boringly routine and you want to spice things up, just look left and right and say, "Uh...you aren't going to have to look in the trunk, are you?"

That will produce a response nearly as quickly as playfully snatching the gun from the officer's holster.

(If you are considering either of the above actions, please seek professional help.)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    “Evening officer. Did you pull me over to try to sell me tickets to the state police bawl?”

“Sir, state police don’t have bawls”

“Have a good day sir”

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    NEVER be the first person to mention the word "gun" or "firearm" in an interaction with police [in Indiana]. It didn't come up at all in my stop. In fact, it never has.
    It's came up a couple of times for me. Once in IL, long story but to make it short I was in a uhaul and two cars were following me, one of which had my MiL. He asked her and my wife if there were any drugs or guns in the truck. She said well he carries one on his hip... That was a fun stop.

Other time it came up at the end of the stop. Officer takes my license/registration asks me a few questions and goes back to his car. Few minutes later comes back and asks if I have any guns in the car. I say yes, he asks where it is, I tell him on my right hip same as yours. He says he figured I had one because I kept my hands on the steering wheel. I respond that I'm sure that the fact that I have a LTCH popped up when you ran my license didn't hurt either. He then says your supposed to tell us when we stop you. Me, Indiana isn't a duty to inform state. Him, well you should tell us. Me, why? Him, here's your license and registration have a nice night.

I don't get pulled over very often, but occasionally and those were the only times it's came up.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    The only time being armed ever came up during a stop was in the middle of nowhere on a state highway. Got lit up by ISP for the sticker on my tag being out of date. I had just received my new registration and had it (and the new sticker) in my glove box.

Well, he told me to get out of the car which caused me to pause for a moment to inform him that I was legally armed. He asked where, I told him, he said not to touch it and come with him. He had me put the sticker on and warned me that the locals in the town down the road would immediately ticket me regardless of the fact that my registration was up to date.

Solid guy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    These guys didn't handle it too well either... ;)

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    ... we must have both noticed the same thing as I did this because the next thing he sais to me is "why are you so nearvous?" I believe I replied with "huh" to which he sais "you are shaking like a leaf".
    ... The officer was great! Very calm and polite. I on the other hand was a total freak show.
    ... As I said, it was early and I had anxiety already due to running late for a fairly new job. I just hope I would compose myself better in the future. Had no real reason to be nervous, maybe watch a few to many YouTube videos..
    Thanks for sharing the story!

Sounds like you got a first class private lesson on the the effects of an adrenaline dump! An unfamiliar and unexpected situation, amplified by the time, your mood, and contact with a person with "Command Presence". I think your reaction is more common than you think.

It's hard to fully induce in training. I've actually told students "imagine that feeling the first time you got pulled over - on steroids." Then we talked about how the "nerves" and adrenaline can effect thinking, reaction, and physical ability. Consider the experience a blessing. :)

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    In my younger days I had a bad night left work at 3am. I was pulled over by every law branch on my trip home. The first one I pulled up to stop sign and stopped looked and saw no one coming pulled out. There he was right behind me turned on red lights NO headlights on! Thats why I didn't see him. Fast stop looked at my ID and said be careful it was a Columbus city officer. As I got out of city limits a county officer pulled me over. I was used to it. The car I drove was rough I traded a 6pack of beer for it. Also, the hours I work I got off at bar closing time. He checked my Id and sent me on my way. The 3rd stop of the night was a state boy again just looked at my ID and said be careful. When I crossed the county bright headlights off to the right came on. Here we go again Jackson County officer stopped me. When I got into town a Seymour city officer stopped me. I knew him so I told him what had happened and asked what is going on. He said my car matched the description of one they were looking for. 5 stops in 1 night no tickets and was 30 minutes late getting home.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    In my younger days I had a bad night left work at 3am. I was pulled over by every law branch on my trip home. The first one I pulled up to stop sign and stopped looked and saw no one coming pulled out. There he was right behind me turned on red lights NO headlights on! Thats why I didn't see him. Fast stop looked at my ID and said be careful it was a Columbus city officer. As I got out of city limits a county officer pulled me over. I was used to it. The car I drove was rough I traded a 6pack of beer for it. Also, the hours I work I got off at bar closing time. He checked my Id and sent me on my way. The 3rd stop of the night was a state boy again just looked at my ID and said be careful. When I crossed the county bright headlights off to the right came on. Here we go again Jackson County officer stopped me. When I got into town a Seymour city officer stopped me. I knew him so I told him what had happened and asked what is going on. He said my car matched the description of one they were looking for. 5 stops in 1 night no tickets and was 30 minutes late getting home.
    After 5 stops I would have just pulled over when seeing any patrol car.
    I pulled over after seeing (rear view mirror), a county car maneuver in traffic to come my way.
    I turned up the wrong way on an off lane (no cars coming, light at intersection was going from yellow to red).
    Knowing I was the target and pulling over got me a verbal warning about being in a hurry.
    My single barrel, straight six pulling a trailered john boat wouldn't have been enough to speed away before being caught.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    After 5 stops I would have just pulled over when seeing any patrol car.
    I pulled over after seeing (rear view mirror), a county car maneuver in traffic to come my way.
    I turned up the wrong way on an off lane (no cars coming, light at intersection was going from yellow to red).
    Knowing I was the target and pulling over got me a verbal warning about being in a hurry.
    My single barrel, straight six pulling a trailered john boat wouldn't have been enough to speed away before being caught.
    yep as soon as I saw them I would pull over

deingy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Centerville
    Luckily this officer never appeared anxious throughout the entire stop, even when he asked why I was nervous I think he halfway already knew I didn't have a good reason. my demeanor was probablu more full of anxiety (which I don't usually have).
    May have also helped that I am a pretty small guy, clean cut, no tattoos, piercings etc. Not that it matters, I just don't don't think I give off tough guy vibes.
    He must not have been concerned because after I told him he went to his car and returned to mine, never mentioning it again.
    It definitely could have definitely gone alot worse though.
    I would probably be a bit shaky also as I haven't been pulled over since "74".

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    I always hand out my pink card along with my drivers license. Seems to solve most issues and icing on the cake is that it seems to turn minor speeding tickets into warnings. :dunno:
    “After” getting cut loose w/o getting a ticket, it is a nice gesture to say “thank you for your service”

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    “Evening officer. Did you pull me over to try to sell me tickets to the state police bawl?”

“Sir, state police don’t have bawls”

“Have a good day sir”

Evening officer, sorry if I seem really nervous from getting pulled over…my wife ran off with a police officer last week and I was afraid it was you trying to give her back.

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    An elderly man is stopped by the police around 1 a.m. and is asked where he is going at this time of night.
    The man replies, "I am going to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body."
    The officer then asks, "Really? Who is giving that lecture at this time of night?"
    The man replies, "That would be my wife."

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom