• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Dulin was charged with Criminal Recklessness, Possession of a Firearm without a Permit, and Dealing Marijuana.
    Yeah, I'm a little confused by that, too. He must have been off of his property.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't know for sure, but given their track record, my bets are on EPD inventing new laws/charges.

I edited my post after going back and re-reading the story again. There's no indication that he was arrested in his apartment, although it did say that he was shooting out of an apartment window. If he wasn't on his property, then it would make sense. I chalk it up to shoddy reporting.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The media often listens to the scanner or gets the public CAD history and makes unwarranted assumptions because they THINK they know what's being talked about.

Prime example from our local media. CAD says "supervisor requested for tase". What that means is a sergeant needs to respond to the scene to do a use of force report. What the media reports it as is "officer requested permission to use Taser".

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I've heard recently a few times in our local Media 'arrested with an "Unlicensed Handgun" in his home'. What does that mean? I tried looking it up on Startpage and all that it brings up is Permit to Carry or Lisense to carry... As far as I can tell it sounds as if there's already a Registry!? Or is this what they want us to think?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    First of all, don't assume that the TV station got the facts correct or reported them accurately.

Then remember that he was CHARGED with "possession of a firearm without a permit", he may not ever be convicted of that if the facts show he was possessing this firearm in his home legally.

But I'm sure he's not going to be possessing that firearms legally any longer. Sounds like there is more than enough felony here to cover that prospect once he get out of prison.

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    I've heard recently a few times in our local Media 'arrested with an "Unlicensed Handgun" in his home'. What does that mean? I tried looking it up on Startpage and all that it brings up is Permit to Carry or Lisense to carry... As far as I can tell it sounds as if there's already a Registry!? Or is this what they want us to think?

Most people just don't have a clue what the laws are regarding gun ownership in Indiana .. partly that's because they hear news stories from other states, with different laws and requirements .. and assume it's the same everywhere. For most people this is excusable .. I mean, you don't become an expert on falconry until you buy a falcon .. people can't know everything. But it seems inexcusable for people in the media, whose job it should be to both report and inform ..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Most people just don't have a clue what the laws are regarding gun ownership in Indiana .. partly that's because they hear news stories from other states, with different laws and requirements .. and assume it's the same everywhere. For most people this is excusable .. I mean, you don't become an expert on falconry until you buy a falcon .. people can't know everything. But it seems inexcusable for people in the media, whose job it should be to both report and inform ..

Most people get their gun law information from Hollywood. VUPDBlue has had "Silencers have NEVER been illegal!" as his tag line for years now because he got tired of people telling him otherwise.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

The media can't be knowledgeable on everything. But all it takes is Google and some reliable sources to get that knowledge REAL fast.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

Yep. There it is. Proof positive of "THE REGISTRY". No longer any doubt about it. Might as well get in line to start handing them in. It's a done deal.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Ok... an "I don't know" would be the easiest way to say it gentlemen.

I just can't figure out why I've heard this three times now "Unlicensed handgun" on WOWO here in town... Via FOX News. No one ever noted that they were outside of their own home.

Do we really think that the media is THAT stupid, or do we think that they are purposely trying to get us to believe that all handguns must be registered?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Ok... an "I don't know" would be the easiest way to say it gentlemen.

I just can't figure out why I've heard this three times now "Unlicensed handgun" on WOWO here in town... Via FOX News. No one ever noted that they were outside of their own home.

Do we really think that the media is THAT stupid, or do we think that they are purposely trying to get us to believe that all handguns must be registered?

I bet most people that do not own guns do not know that they do not have to be registered, so it is probably some of both.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    what an idiot! do you know how hard it is to find ammo now! just to waste it like that!

i would venture a guess and say this "rhodes scholar" has bigger things to worry about than the media making a mistake on the "firearm without a permit charge"

as another poster said, i think they ment to say "felon in posssession of a firearm"

but this idiot did the city a favor, by doing this he said "hey come and take me to jail!" so the "men in black evansville division" granted his request!

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    A person pulling a stunt like that does not deserve owning any firearm period , and it always leads to more , he chose the wrong path in life , enjoy yourself..

ProZack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Can anyone recommend a link to help understand what IS required in Indiana? Like in your house is ok and at the range is ok, but what about in between?

Top Bottom