• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    just before shot, next 2 frames missing

Yep. Don't know where those frames went.

It's clear that the deceased was the intended target, though. The shooter clearly tracked him with the sights as he was falling after shooting him.

[video=youtube;oWA2lxZ7-Kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWA2lxZ7-Kk&feature=emb_logo[/video]

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    OK, what station? What time?

The video I last posted above shows the argument that was occurring with the agitator and Keltner. Something I just noticed in re-watching it was the Denver Post photographer getting close ups. Keltner notices the photographer and video being made, adjusts the neck gaiter, then says
    Keltner says "...cameras out. this is not a place for a camera"

someone says "f... you"

Keltner says "get the cameras out of here or I'm going to f--- you up."

someone says "don't f---ing touch me"

here is the last frame of the video.

View attachment 92108

On the daily trunews broadcast. They spent some time analyzing frames and delving into the background of people involved or that may have been involved. All interesting info. I'm wondering how long it is going to be before pieces fall into place on why this event took place and perhaps missing frames surface.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    And yeah, for now I have to suspect that this was preplanned politically motivated violence with the shooter having previously published thoughts on how to carry it off.

What a time to be reading the biography of Colonel Ursula Kuczynski.:patriot:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And yeah, for now I have to suspect that this was preplanned politically motivated violence with the shooter having previously published thoughts on how to carry it off.

What a time to be reading the biography of Colonel Ursula Kuczynski.:patriot:

I suspect that it was planned, but what was planned was not to shoot someone necessarily, but to capture some violence on video that they could pin on right wing groups. I don’t think the shooter planned to be there to be arrested for murder. The mild violence that was captured from the right-wing was appropriate for someone violating their personal space. The shooter put his hands on the victim, and was ***** slapped for it. I think the shooter reacted with deadly force from emotion and not from planning.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    On the daily trunews broadcast. They spent some time analyzing frames and delving into the background of people involved or that may have been involved. All interesting info. I'm wondering how long it is going to be before pieces fall into place on why this event took place and perhaps missing frames surface.

Thank you.

https://www.trunews.com/stream/denver-deception-is-9news-tv-concealing-its-affection-for-antifa

Yes, it's interesting that Keltner had a handgun in a shoulder holster, on his left side. I don't buy their theory because they are analyzing a still image and saying, see his hand is near the handgun.

The image they are "analyzing" was mid-slap, you can see the glasses starting to fly off Dollofs head, his left arm would have been withdrawing from it's position the frame before.

The frame before, Dollof has his left hand on Keltners right chest, Keltners right hand is either drawing back to slap, or coming forward to slap Dollof. Dollof does look like he's tring to keep Keltner from the producer in the blue shirt.

Individual images from the montage only make sense in the order the were shot to have context.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I suspect that it was planned, but what was planned was not to shoot someone necessarily, but to capture some violence on video that they could pin on right wing groups. I don’t think the shooter planned to be there to be arrested for murder. The mild violence that was captured from the right-wing was appropriate for someone violating their personal space. The shooter put his hands on the victim, and was ***** slapped for it. I think the shooter reacted with deadly force from emotion and not from planning.
    Pretty much what I think at this point.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Yes, regardless of the individual motives, I don't think the shooting was intended before the fact.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would have thought that the days of using road flares next to the gas tank for media stories were behind us, but maybe they aren't.

The victim is this case would fit what woke media would see as a stereotypical right wing supporter, if they were looking for trouble to film the hatter would fit perfectly. I would like to think that this is all just a tragic accident, but if it was staged managed in any way, you can't punish the tv station severely enough. Their license should be revoked permanently. Everybody involved should be identified so potential employers will know what they are capable of.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The guy in the black shirt trying to start fights is the part that really seems staged. Get someone in there to agitate and hope you get something good on film from it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thank you.

https://www.trunews.com/stream/denver-deception-is-9news-tv-concealing-its-affection-for-antifa

Yes, it's interesting that Keltner had a handgun in a shoulder holster, on his left side. I don't buy their theory because they are analyzing a still image and saying, see his hand is near the handgun.

The image they are "analyzing" was mid-slap, you can see the glasses starting to fly off Dollofs head, his left arm would have been withdrawing from it's position the frame before.

The frame before, Dollof has his left hand on Keltners right chest, Keltners right hand is either drawing back to slap, or coming forward to slap Dollof. Dollof does look like he's tring to keep Keltner from the producer in the blue shirt.

Individual images from the montage only make sense in the order the were shot to have context.

I have not seen any confirmation that Keltner had a firearm. People are speculating in that video. Until I hear the police state that Keltner was armed, I'm going to assume that it's a possibility, but not certain. It does look to me like Keltner slapping Dollof in the face was a reaction to Dollof putting his hands on Keltner. We have images that show this. The images don't prove what Dollof was doing, but it looks most to me like Dollof is putting his hands on Keltner to prevent him from engaging with the news producer.

That's not a justification for the shooting. I think Keltner was within his rights to ***** slap Dollof for invading his personal space and putting his hands on him. And as the news producer's security, Dollof was within his rights to put himself between Keltner and his client, notwithstanding the fact that Dollof was a fake security guard. But the shooting itself was unjustified. Being ***** slapped is not a deadly force event. Given what video and image evidence there is, a reasonable person in Dollof's place should not believe their life was in danger at the point where he drew the weapon. Prior to that, and given normal reaction times, there was nothing but the slap to have provoked him.

Beware of trunews. They're :tinfoil:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The guy in the black shirt trying to start fights is the part that really seems staged. Get someone in there to agitate and hope you get something good on film from it.

Yeah. I think it looks pretty obvious at this point that the news crew and the instigator were working together to generate news. The "security guard" was just part of the crew.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

There are a lot of missing frames. BUT! You will notice that the sequence numbers have been spoofed to show that there are no missing frames.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would have thought that the days of using road flares next to the gas tank for media stories were behind us, but maybe they aren't.

The victim is this case would fit what woke media would see as a stereotypical right wing supporter, if they were looking for trouble to film the hatter would fit perfectly. I would like to think that this is all just a tragic accident, but if it was staged managed in any way, you can't punish the tv station severely enough. Their license should be revoked permanently. Everybody involved should be identified so potential employers will know what they are capable of.

Eh. I know what you mean, but, seriously, you could. Drawing/quartering would probably go a little too far. I think murder 1 for the shooter. Some type of conspiracy charge for the crew that was involved if they can prove it. And then the station losing its license permanently would be suitable. But, even if that happened, it's a media company that owns them. They'd just dissolve news9, and start another station in its place, and call them something else.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Thank you.

And you may well be correct. It's speculation on the part of Edward Szall that the perp was posing the threat to possession of the victim's firearm. My suspicion for now is that the previously published musings on Doloff's part flesh out why and how he indulged in politically motivated violence. That the perp took action to trigger actions of the victim. I'm thinking he wanted the victim to go for his gun. And this would in part at least hinge upon whether or not the perp was working alone.

What do you think so far, was this was a crime of passionate effrontery? A hot headed young commie with personality problems spoiling for a fight to start with?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    There are a lot of missing frames. BUT! You will notice that the sequence numbers have been spoofed to show that there are no missing frames.

Could that be due to the processing of the imagery through the electronic device? Gots no idea, just wondering. If there has been spoofing on the sequence numbers then that would mean...

Fellas, I'd better get my rear in gear. Got materials to haul to create the gateway planters, arbor and trellises the better 2/3's wants for the flower garden. And I want to get 'er done before the big freeze sets in.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't think there are a lot of missing frames. I think I recall that the camera that took those stills was a Nikon D5000, which in DX mode is capable of 4 frames per second. So that's 250ms of live action that it's not capturing between frames. A lot can happen in that time. But I think too much would have to have happened between the draw and the shot to be consistent with the cadence of the action that unfolded. It's obvious we're missing something. Maybe one or two more frames in cadence would explain that. Or it may be that she took her finger off the button for a fraction of a second.

The outcome does not prove the cause. So because we are missing some details, doesn't prove intent. It doesn't prove why. The photographer said she was held by police as a witness for 3 hours immediately after. I'd guess they'd want copies of the raw digital files on her camera. IANAL, so I don't know how much police can demand it. I'd guess that the Denver Post probably wouldn't object too much. I would suspect that the police may have the raw files. If there is a frame or two that hasn't been published, they likely have it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There is a 5 second lapse between these two pictures, am I to believe that the photographer just stopped shooting while he was repositioning to capture the new altercation?

RALLY_862.jpg
    Filename: RALLY_862, Frame #: 2630, Capture time: 3:36:46 PM, Camera model: NIKON D5, Focal length (mm): 26, Aperture: 6.3, Shutter speed: 1/500, ISO: 400. Denver, Colorado. October 10, 2020.
    RALLY_863.jpg
    Filename: RALLY_863, Frame #: 2631, Capture time: 3:36:52 PM, Camera model: NIKON D5, Focal length (mm): 26, Aperture: 6.3, Shutter speed: 1/500, ISO: 400. Denver, Colorado. October 10, 2020.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The look on this guys face. "Mission Accomplished we have gotten this one really riled."
    RALLY_862.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is a 5 second lapse between these two pictures, am I to believe that the photographer just stopped shooting while he was repositioning to capture the new altercation?

RALLY_862.jpg
    Filename: RALLY_862, Frame #: 2630, Capture time: 3:36:46 PM, Camera model: NIKON D5, Focal length (mm): 26, Aperture: 6.3, Shutter speed: 1/500, ISO: 400. Denver, Colorado. October 10, 2020.
    RALLY_863.jpg
    Filename: RALLY_863, Frame #: 2631, Capture time: 3:36:52 PM, Camera model: NIKON D5, Focal length (mm): 26, Aperture: 6.3, Shutter speed: 1/500, ISO: 400. Denver, Colorado. October 10, 2020.

The photographer wasn't taking video. She was taking stills. And I misremembered the model. A D5 has a max frame rate of 14 per second not 4, like the D5000. So that's about 71ms between frames.

It's not controversial that a photographer would be photographing constantly. She's capturing the information that she thinks her editor will want to publish. And it does appear that she moved when Keltner broke off the argument with the instigator and then confronted Dolloff. It seems reasonable that because of where people were positioned, she would have moved out of the way and then resulted photographing. I don't think there's anything astonishing or untoward or controversial about those photographs missing. The sequence numbers simply reveal there were no photos taken between the first photo you showed and the second.

The missing information that I think is most important happened between the photograph of the draw, and the shot. I think we can infer from the photographs that Dolloff was reacting to the slap. I think it would be more definitive if there wasn't the gap between the draw and the shot. Something that would give us an indication of what Keltner was doing with his hands during that time in between. It's obvious information is missing there. Going from the very beginning of a draw to a shot hitting a target is even beyond Jerry Miculek in .071 seconds, if the photographer was shooting at 14 frames per second. I don't think there's necessarily anything untoward about that gap. It could be that she happened to take her finger off the shutter button for a fraction of a second. Not everything unexplained has to have a nefarious cause.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/business/media/denver-photographer-shooting.html

Top Bottom