Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Email from my alma mater, traditional classic Liberal Arts college, stated over 85% of 2019 graduates had placed in career track employment or grad school.

Did they break out the percentages of each? My inner cynic wonders if 10% have jobs and 75% just took out more loans to go to grad school because they couldn't find a job...or face reality.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Did they break out the percentages of each? My inner cynic wonders if 10% have jobs and 75% just took out more loans to go to grad school because they couldn't find a job...or face reality.

Good chance a big percentage are grad school, most law and medicine. But it's Wabash College, source of the Indy Mafia I've heard.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    mad-600-li.jpg

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers

The "state track champion" actually lost to a biological female the last I saw. He did win sectional/regionals/something to move forward, but didn't take the title. Note that he had done nothing to actually transition and his winning time was significantly worse than the last-place time among the boys who ran as boys. <Denny ends>

The wrestling champ (a biological female) wanted to compete on the male side, but state rules say that one must compete as the gender listed on one's birth certificate. So she had to compete with the girls after a good dose of hormones had already been taken and a double mastectomy.

Neither is good and both prove that female sports are going to get screwed, either way. Either some schmuck who "identifies" as female knocks a biological female out of contention or a girl who is actually undergoing the procedure to transition is going to mop of the competition thanks to male hormones. It's almost like there is a biological and physiological difference between the two...who knew.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The wrestling champ (a biological female) wanted to compete on the male side, but state rules say that one must compete as the gender listed on one's birth certificate. So she had to compete with the girls after a good dose of hormones had already been taken and a double mastectomy.

Beggs has stated that they want to compete on the male side, but for some strange reason never petitioned the UIL to do so. Things that make you go hmmm...
    From the UIL deputy director.
    "I don't know how well that story has been told, to be honest with you," Harrison said. "We still have not received a request from any school or individual to wrestle in a different gender division than that which their birth certificate would qualify them for.

"I think it would be nice," Harrison added, "for those folks to know that it at least certainly appears that every wrestler at the state meet last year was wrestling in the division they wanted to wrestle in."
    https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/hi...-year-later-difficulty-defiance-new-uil-drama

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom