Lake Station-NW Indiana

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Just like Texas.

Funky, but maybe after they write the ticket they can help you move furniture?:D

Yeah, I have to wonder, why the truck? All a truck does over a standard vehicle is provide less room for "passengers" and drink more gas with less performance?

Considering that all troopers do is drive and sit, a truck would seem to be a rather wasteful vehicle to use. If this were a DNR vehicle I could understand... but state troopers?

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Honest question, not sarcasm, is there a high rate of accidents in Indiana work zones due to unsafe drivers? High enough to justify new tactics and vehicles?

I'm all for it, just curious. Breaking the law is breaking the law, and if you get caught by an officer in a Dodge Ram, Crown Vic, or on a bicycle, what's the difference? You still got caught.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I gotta say that officer in the photo looks badass. I will be SURE to comply with all wishes and demands, even if they are lies or illegal ones. :):

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    To try and trick you of course. A patrol car would stand out and you might slow down.

Yeah, I have to wonder, why the truck? All a truck does over a standard vehicle is provide less room for "passengers" and drink more gas with less performance?

Considering that all troopers do is drive and sit, a truck would seem to be a rather wasteful vehicle to use. If this were a DNR vehicle I could understand... but state troopers?

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    To try and trick you of course. A patrol car would stand out and you might slow down.

HAH!

Not me, the SSDmobile doesn't go more than 5-10 over (less in construction zones). If I get a ticket for doing 8 miles over on 465 then so be it.:dunno: I'm not one of the brake slammers that have to slow down every time they see a LEO.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    HAH!

Not me, the SSDmobile doesn't go more than 5-10 over (less in construction zones). If I get a ticket for doing 8 miles over on 465 then so be it.:dunno: I'm not one of the brake slammers that have to slow down every time they see a LEO.

Hah! You assume some of us slow down!

Actually, I figure he's probably seen me before I see him, so why bother?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Because ISP just got their latest check from the DOJ "sharing" the proceeds from drug war busts that, by law, should have gone to the Education General Fund, if the law had been followed, that is. :n00b: ;)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Bingo. Why they gotta be tricksy?

A patrol car would slow ALL traffic, making it safer for all and arguably complete the purpose with little effort
    They are advertising this because they want EVERYONE to slow down. People only slow down if they see a marked car. They are telling all drivers that the Troopers COULD be at ANY construction zone and you will not know, in the hopes that people will slow down because the Trooper could be there and they cannot see them. If they just wanted to be tricky they would not bother to advertise this and no one would know any better till they were pulled over. ISP has been doing this for years and years. Just slow down in the construction zone and you have no worries.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i hope they catch a bunch speeders in work zones with the truck trick.....i'v been one of those guys out there work and some a^%hat blows threw at 70 2ft from you.....it's bad enough them doin' 45....

Top Bottom