Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Police: Officer's gun that killed Adaisha Miller had trigger that could be reached through holster | City of Detroit | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

According to this, it was a soft holster.

Still not sure how she got shot in the chest by a gun on his hip. They were at a fish Fry at his home, not a club getting freaky.

When will people quit buying cheap holsters, probably one of those thin collapsible uncle mikes or galco pieces of crap, a cop should know better but probably not a "gun" person. I didn't even want to carry those at the store i worked at and stocked Kramer and Sparks (before the big kydex craze) but people wanted them and they sold.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    His shirt must've been tucked into the trigger when he holstered it, thereby pulling the trigger when his shirt was lifted. This is why I prefer safeties. But still, an IWB holster should've been pointing at the ground, unless she jumped on his back for the hug, and he leaned forward really far.
    Maybe the officer likes to draw with a 135 degree cant to his weapon

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It does not have a safety switch, but the trigger has to be pulled back completely for the gun to fire, certified firearms instructor Rick Ector said.

There it is right there. He's got one of those guns where you have to pull the trigger back all the way to fire it.

Have we confirmed that the belt carrying the holster was over his hips and not on the ground at the time of the shooting? I've taken my pants off and had my IWB flip with the gun pointing up before...

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Well you see here. If the officer suffers from a chronic condition called a cranial-rectal inversion, the gun would naturally need to be pointed in the upward direction in order for him to actually draw the weapon in a downward motion between his legs...

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    He was 11' 5" tall and she was 4' tall? That’s my store.

Sounds like there is a lot more to come on this story. I have not handled the gun like the officer's, are they 100% drop proof? Maybe she pushed the barrel /muzzle up causing the trigger to be pulled or pushed. Any way it goes he was not using a good holster.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    plain and simple - HUGS KILL.

Hugs should be regulated and legislated.

Hugs should have a serial number stamped into each one.

We should be made to carry a LTGH (License to give a hug).

If an officer sees you give a hug and asks you for your LTGH we should debate whether we should HAVE to show it to them.

I am completely against OH (open HUG) so I CH (Conceal HUG) because any 5 y.o. little girl could come up from behind you and HUG you resulting in her death.

Eric Holder will soon be allowing HUGS to walk across the border in an attempt to portray that most of the illegal HUGS are coming from the U.S.

"Have you Hugged your kid today" - that is plain and simple negligence with a hug...

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Update...Jul 10 2012 05:40:15 PM EDT

"DETROIT - According to police sources, 25-year-old Adaisha Miller positioned herself behind the officer at a fish fry and was dancing - either bending over or on her knees reaching for the officer's belt when the gun went off.

Off-duty Detroit police officer's gun goes off, kills woman | news - Home

From what I read from another Detroit police officer on another forum, it sounds like the bullet went in under her upraised arm, into her chest. She had to be below the officer.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Update...Jul 10 2012 05:40:15 PM EDT

"DETROIT - According to police sources, 25-year-old Adaisha Miller positioned herself behind the officer at a fish fry and was dancing - either bending over or on her knees reaching for the officer's belt when the gun went off.

From what I read from another Detroit police officer on another forum, it sounds like the bullet went in under her upraised arm, into her chest. She had to be below the officer.

More updates:
    Adaisha Miller Was On Her Knees When She Was Killed

The last paragraph has the BEST explanation I have heard yet as to what most likely happened.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    There's gotta be a second shooter from the grassy knoll.

JokerClap1.jpg

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    More updates:
    Adaisha Miller Was On Her Knees When She Was Killed

The last paragraph has the BEST explanation I have heard yet as to what most likely happened.

Story seems full of BS. For one, it states: "He may have been drunk, too, not that we’ll ever know for sure since his brothers in blue didn’t administer a breathalyzer test." But actually the officer was given a test.

"Local 4 was told the officer was given a breath test at the scene and was not drunk."

:dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom