• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No, once again your assuming & turning it into what you want it to be.

Your the only one arguing about it & making assumptions.

If I may offer: When we make program changes to the machines at work, we typically notify the users (operators) and the maintenance guys of the changes and the intended effects. We want our work to work properly and seek feedback from those that are most affected by them so we can fix unanticipated consequences. Though some of us can get a bit snarky, we typically want to help you guys out by pointing out things that negatively impact the user's experience on the site. You all might want to notify the INGO community when things are about to change so we can help you out.

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    You're getting this when you click the insert photo icon or you're getting the previous one that would allow you to insert either?

Posted in my previous post, it dont work on my i5. I did test in safari though, which is known to have bugs.

It works correctly from the desktop.

Apparently it dont work in chrome either.

This issue has nothing to do with the additions today, this appears to be a left over bug from the new style months ago.

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    If I may offer: When we make program changes to the machines at work, we typically notify the users (operators) and the maintenance guys of the changes and the intended effects. We want our work to work properly and seek feedback from those that are most affected by them so we can fix unanticipated consequences. Though some of us can get a bit snarky, we typically want to help you guys out by pointing out things that negatively impact the user's experience on the site. You all might want to notify the INGO community when things are about to change so we can help you out.

The functions added today didnt effect the site in terms of the basic vbulletin functionality.

The members are notified if the site is going through major changes, these changes werent major & the basis of it was to fix the 50 post limit, which the old coding hadnt worked in months.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The functions added today didnt effect the site in terms of the basic vbulletin functionality.

The members are notified if the site is going through major changes, these changes werent major & the basis of it was to fix the 50 post limit, which the old coding hadnt worked in months.

I'm just offering a suggestion because, just as you pointed out, the changes were to fix some problem that probably no user knew was broken. If I had a dollar for every change I've made in my world that "nobody will even notice" or affect "basic functionality" but wound up screwing up something I never expected it to, I'd be long retired by now. But since we encourage that feedback from the folks that are actually using it, we typically get problems nipped in the bud.

I'm really not trying to tell you how to run your business or pile on but just offering a bit of advice, so I'll let it go with that.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    I'm just offering a suggestion because, just as you pointed out, the changes were to fix some problem that probably no user knew was broken. If I had a dollar for every change I've made in my world that "nobody will even notice" or affect "basic functionality" but wound up screwing up something I never expected it to, I'd be long retired by now. But since we encourage that feedback from the folks that are actually using it, we typically get problems nipped in the bud.

I'm really not trying to tell you how to run your business or pile on but just offering a bit of advice, so I'll let it go with that.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

The addition didnt break any vbulletin functionality.

The actual issue is that attachments arent allowed in this forum according to the usergroup perms.

That is a usergroup setting that isnt related to this addon.

Happy Turkey Day to you as well.

Edit to add, the reason i see it & bunny see's the option in this forum is because im an admin & he is a site supporter, but apparently registered & reg w/ 50 posts attachments are disabled, on my phone i was using my ant-test account, which is why it dont work in my i5 test.

Edit again, i thought bunny posted an attachment in his post, but it appears that group is also disabled.

Last edited:

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    It appears that attaching images in these forums are disabled for the masses.

The Front Desk
    Forum Support / Suggestions
    Site Supporter Information
    Advertising Information

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I am a he not a she :popcorn:

I see what you are talking about with the pics, in the Breakroom it still shows I have both options, from computer or url

For me too. But in this part of the forum, I just get the one choice.

image_zpsc1dc592f.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Check my previous post, I posted why you dont have both options here.

^^^^^^and now you can see why he's been called lots of things...

I see what you're saying now. In the first sentence, you said attaching pictures were disabled in these forums for the masses. Then you listed the help desk, etc. It was unclear to me as I thought you were saying these forums meant the entire site and I wondered why the next section was there, all by itself.

We're on the same page now.

Top Bottom