• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    ..for the Mrs. After an exhaustive search of trial, happiness, indifference, disappointment, trading, trial, happiness, etc etc I believe we have finally landed on a gun that suits both her personality and her trigger finger. I am happy to report that she is happy, and when mama is happy, EVERYONE is happy.... :D

We took it to Roush this afternoon with 100 rounds. She absolutely drilled it from 7 yards. Very VERY accurate in her hands. Even backed up to 15 yards she was able to keep almost every round on a silhouette target. She went away absolutely beaming...

Now, it is absolutely daddy's turn to get another pistol! :yesway:

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Congrats. The XD9sc is a good choice. It's been my EDC for the last three years. Have put close to 3,000 rounds through it without one failure (except when intentionally performing clearing drillls).

If you come across a Crimson Trace for it at a reasonable price I'd recommend considering it for your wife. VERY useful for accurate close point & shoot drills from the hip without having to ingrain indexing the pistol from unusual positions.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I love the feel and performance of both my XD9C and XD40C. Congrats on finding a pistol she likes ! Both of You made an excellent choice.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Thanks folks. Sadly, the first firearm I brought home was an XDm 4.5" in 9mm. She loved it! I should have skipped 4 firearms and went straight back to the Springfield.

It went something like this...

Taurus PT-25 - a "cute" pistol with faux pink marbled grips. Break barrel design. This POS broke on her within 15 rounds. Returned for (thankfully) full credit toward...

Bersa Thunder 380 CC - Very good pistol overall. She liked it initially. DA\SA was manageable but she just couldn't get on target with those low profile (almost flat) CC sights. Traded in for...

Ruger LC9 - She actually loved this little pistol. Somehow, while trembling at POA and pulling back that 5 mile long trigger, she was able to connect with decent accuracy. She liked it in the CC role, however she found herself longing for something more "range friendly". Traded in for...

Glock 19 - I took a gamble on this one. It seemed to fit the bill of everything she had mentioned - decent trigger (amazing reset - quite opposite the LC9), reliability, longer sight radius, 9mm with less recoil. Home run, right? Wrong. She just plain didn't like it. We couldn't really put our finger on it - I suppose it was an intangible incompatibility of some sort. Traded in for....

Springfield XDsc in 9mm. Bingo! Good trigger, decent sight radius for the type, decent reset, low recoil for the type, 9mm, and fits her like a glove.

Which is why I say again - it's DADDY'S turn! I would have held on to the Glock 19 and probably the LC9 too but we are not financially able to run out and buy a new gun outright. 3 elementary school age children see to that. :D

So, when I say that I am probably more excited for her than she is, I can say that with some authority... :)

*runs off to browse the classifieds*

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    XDsc.jpg

piper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Awesome. I have been thinking about an XD 40 as my next purchase. I have always liked the feel of them but have never had the chance to take on to the range.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    ....and we shall FEED it, Steve.

GGF - Thanks for the heads up. I admit I have done it a few times to check functionality after reassembly but I shall do it no more! (I have a few snap caps lying around...)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County

mjpell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Mooresville
    I'm seriously considering this for my next purchase....

..for the Mrs. After an exhaustive search of trial, happiness, indifference, disappointment, trading, trial, happiness, etc etc I believe we have finally landed on a gun that suits both her personality and her trigger finger. I am happy to report that she is happy, and when mama is happy, EVERYONE is happy.... :D

We took it to Roush this afternoon with 100 rounds. She absolutely drilled it from 7 yards. Very VERY accurate in her hands. Even backed up to 15 yards she was able to keep almost every round on a silhouette target. She went away absolutely beaming...

Now, it is absolutely daddy's turn to get another pistol! :yesway:

Top Bottom