• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/style/election-women-gestures.html?referer=

In case you don't want to give NYTimes and click $$$$
    Blog: Feminists vent Trump anger on husbands, boyfriends, male coworkers

This year, Svea Vikander has decided that she and Evla, her 3-year-old daughter will be the focal point of her family's holiday card. She decided to relegate her husband and son to a smaller picture below. Ms. Vikander said the card, illustrating her hope for the future, was one small thing she could do to reaffirm her place in the world, on behalf of herself and her daughter.

One woman said she'll try something small: She will return mail that is addressed to her husband but doesn't mention her, too.

And it goes on and on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    15110453_954682027999168_9205784202032433750_o.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/style/election-women-gestures.html?referer=

This year, Svea Vikander has decided that she and Evla, her 3-year-old daughter will be the focal point of her family's holiday card. She decided to relegate her husband and son to a smaller picture below. Ms. Vikander said the card, illustrating her hope for the future, was one small thing she could do to reaffirm her place in the world, on behalf of herself and her daughter.

One woman said she'll try something small: She will return mail that is addressed to her husband but doesn't mention her, too.

And it goes on and on.

And husbands rejoice! No more idiotic "holiday" card pictures. Less junk mail, too! I hope their bills are in both names....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

And it goes on and on.

If we didn't live in backwards world, that would be rightly called sexist.

But anyway, if it weren't for women, there'd be none of those stupid family holiday cards anyway.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

And it goes on and on.
    That her "husband" didn't stop this nonsense is telling!

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    profanity

My father-in-law cusses like crazy. He's a pastor and ultra liberal. I try to tell him not to do it around our 2 yr old, but he either doesn't listen or doesn't care.Jason

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My father-in-law cusses like crazy. He's a pastor and ultra liberal. I try to tell him not to do it around our 2 yr old, but he either doesn't listen or doesn't care.Jason

Then you need to take her out of his life.
    I slip occasionally around the kids (see avatar) and when I do they call me out on it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So does his "fire and brimstone" include F-bombs?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I watched long enough to realize that Liberals' favorite word has four letters and starts with "F". It seems to come up every 3rd or 4th word in everything they say.
    That's part of the reason I avoid liberals; I'm tired of the profanity.

You mean FREE? I see why they need to get free college with a focus on Liberal Arts degrees to expand their vocabulary.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Excellent. Be sure to teach it to you young daughters and granddaughters so they can empress their elementary teachers with their intelligence.
    Also, be certain they know to use ample profanity in job interviews. Store clerks and wait staff should, of course, use the "F" word to greet customers.

Put purple anyplace you think it needs be.

There is a time and place for different language. What language I use at work in a factory will probably not be the same as what I use at home or church.

I never heard my Granddad say a swear word. My Mom said she heard him say one once, that word was damn. Not God damn, just damn. At his funeral some of his co-workers were there, his language at work was much more let's say colorful according to them. He was a machinist at a steel mill. The one story that was relayed was amusing. He was supervisor/crew leader or similar and one of the machinist was just standing around. He asked him what he was doing and the guy said he was waiting for the hoist to put a piece of steel in the lathe. My Granddad's response was not polite language. It went something along these lines. "What the **** do you mean you need the god damned ****ing hoist. Pick that **** up and put it in there. Here I'll show you how the **** you do it. He then proceeded to grab the piece, cradled it in one arm while chucking the piece in. Then said "That's how the **** you do it" and walked away.

I think you're taking it too seriously Doug. We're only joking. I can't even say dagnabit in my parent's home. I understand what you're saying, but it's ridiculous to imply that liberals have an monopoly on profanity.

Agreed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom