PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      1,015.5 KB · Views: 3

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I never get asked to dance.

Its because you have a reputation. LOL

As others have said, its a great place full of awesome people. Its a steep slope at first, but you get used to it and figure out where your expertise lies and become a contributing member. We dont all talk guns here. We talk building, plumbing, HVAC, electronics, computers/networking, pretty much anything you can think of. You'll find your spot and find its easier and easier to contribute. Some of the best advice I have received has been from folks here. Hell, this place saved me $2500 when I bought a new heat pump!

I remember my first week here. It felt like I would NEVER hit 50. And I used to be on chat servers and social media before it was called that (90s).

And a post about as long as this is all it takes to not get your posts deleted for running. (OK, maybe 3/4 to half of this)

Welcome and enjoy!

(and grow a thick skin. We can get kinda rowdy in here.)

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    This forum, like all forums, are made up of people. When you get many peeps you get many different opinions. What is supposed to happen is that regardless of the opinions one sees here, they are governed by the mods that try to keep it civil. Now keeping all walks of life, skill sets and egos civil can be a tough and biased job at best. There are many good and thought starting posts on here but then again, with the nature of masked men identities, the overnight keyboard courage of trolls find fault and breed negativity into the things they think they know rather than just disagreeing. On the other hand, This is a fabulous place for knowledge and like minded intrigue. This entertainment called threads and posts sometimes is not for the thin skinned. Remember, we are in a world now that hangs Medal of Honor on disc jockies, grade johnnies papers in purple ink, and replace discipline with pills to raise children, support the world before our own HEW, let alone be confused about our gender, drive convertibles with the windows up and top down, ruin our finances, fail at marriage, watch Jerry Springer when we should be working but at the end of the day......we like guns. Get your 50 posts and donate today. The water is fine.:rockwoot:

You missed people on welfare.

Don

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I had a big advantage over the 50 post rule, I never even knew it existed for a long time because I was not interested in the classifieds. I joined to learn about Indiana and Indiana gun laws. I joined on 12-31-2010 and had been shooting IDPA in Indiana for a few years and figured this was a good place to keep up on shooting sports and self defense. Did not expect to have much to contrubute because I lived in Illinois but soon found out I was wrong.
    Found other members wanting information about transporting or carrying when they had to enter the communist state of Illinois. This is a subject I know well and was able to clear up some misconceptions and hopefully kept some people out of trouble. I just stayed around and started reading some of the other forums, learned more and was able to contribute more as I went.
    People here seem to have gotten used to me and those that know me know when I move to Indiana hopefully by the end of this month I will leave Illinois behind. I still get crap from the people I shoot with that seem surprised I can own guns in Illinois. I shoot IDPA mostly at Atlanta and Wildcat Valley and have made a lot of friends both places. And I mean GOOD FRIENDS. I have always liked shooting in Indiana much better than Illinois because the people just seem more friendly and welcoming even to someone from Illinois. I would rather ride 80 miles to Wildcat or 110 miles to Atlanta to shoot than three miles to Westville Sportsman Club or 12 miles to Danville, Illinois to shoot. And that is all because of the people, my friends I don't see much except then. Don't worry about the post count just join in and have fun the post count will take care of it's self. Jim.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not sure where to start to reach 50
    Seems like a ton of content to try and follow

Not as daunting as it appears. Find a topic/story line. There is all kinds of things to chime in on from long guns/short guns/self defense training/fishing/camping/politics/religion/cars/cooking/racing/coffee......heck brother if that sets you back I got nothing...:):

Wonder around and have a look.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Reading is easy. Do as churchmouse said above. Find some topics you are interested in and search for them and there should be something to read.

Where some newbies get stuck is on posting, particularly if they are really here to get to 50 posts quickly so they can get into the classifieds. INGO is a gun community first and the classifieds a perk are for contributing members. Unfortunately, many newbies have tried to avoid INGOs main function by posting short trash posts that hundreds of others then are forced to read (very uncool). Consequently, your first 50 posts are monitored more closely. You need to concentrate on higher "quality" posts- generally more than one sentence that is relevant to the topic. After that, the restrictions ease up considerably.

Again, it isn't hard once you find topics you are interested in. I recommend going to the Introductions and Greetings section and starting a thread to introduce yourself to people here. You can say as much or as little about yourself as you like. One hint: the more you info you post there, the more people will interact with you and give you a reason to get some early quality posts. COOPADUP is also trying to help you above by asking a couple of questions to get you talking.

Good luck, participate and have fun. You'll get to 50 before you know it and hopefully learn a few things in the process.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

There is a ton of content here. It's the Internet, everything stays forever. Clicking "What's New" shows the most recent updated threads, things can move fast and sometimes things disappear quick.

Join a discussion on something that interests you, or something you want to learn more about. There is a lot of knowledge here at INGO, and even though "Gun" is our middle name not all discussion is gun-related.

Some stay to specific post areas, some are all over the place. ChurchMouse (AKA CM) didn't get North of 161K posts by only staying in the niche 1911 and HVAC threads. Some have been here years longer than me and have < 1K posts. That's cool too.

Start a thread with "Constitutional Carry" in the title and see what happens.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What is this 50 post rule you speak of? What do I have to do to get 50 posts?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or, Maybe you could just post Trump ipsum. https://trumpipsum.net/

Le'see. Imma just go with 2 paragraphs here:

My text is long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my website. I know words. I have the best words.

My placeholder text, I think, is going to end up being very good with women. I think the only difference between me and the other placeholder text is that I’m more honest and my words are more beautiful.

Now THAT'S a quality post.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Or, Maybe you could just post Trump ipsum. https://trumpipsum.net/

Le'see. Imma just go with 2 paragraphs here:

My text is long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my website. I know words. I have the best words.

My placeholder text, I think, is going to end up being very good with women. I think the only difference between me and the other placeholder text is that I’m more honest and my words are more beautiful.

Now THAT'S a quality post.

The panel is still looking at this for a ruling.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
    asdfghjkl;qwertyuiopzxcvbnm

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom