PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I used to sport a fanny pack when we rode distance on the Harley's. I kept a 5 shot 44mag snubby in it. Charter arms but I knew it was good for the 5.

Buddys gave me a heap of crap over the FP until they realized what I kept in it.

I still have my BagMaster. Carried an Officers LightWeight in it. I use it for toiletries when travelling now.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Well, guess what? You got me.

As you might expect, I joined up, clicked all the right boxes (without really paying attention)... and started just looking around to see what was going on. Then I saw something. People selling stuff on here. Can't on facebook, Not gun stuff. Well, they do on other forums, but those people are like in South Dakota, Georgia, and Wyoming... I'm thinking "cool"... Nope. 50 posts.

So I go looking. I just KNEW somebody had to have complained about it. Found this thread, and now I got one more post... LOL. Probably take me a week or two to get to 50... Can't always think of something good to say...

You might think of the 50 post rule as the local interweb hazing. Do it right or you have to start again. Or just pay the site supporter fee.

After you get a little more time on your membership clock and you get a few more posts things ease up a bit.

After a long while you might earn a lot of latitude for attitude, but even some of the more experienced around here have been receivers of the Wrath of Mods lately. Tread lightly for a while, don't be a smart-acre until you pass 50. Realize that like everywhere else in society and the interwebz, INGO has cool guys, not so cool guys, goers and comers, floaters and sinkers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, guess what? You got me.

As you might expect, I joined up, clicked all the right boxes (without really paying attention)... and started just looking around to see what was going on. Then I saw something. People selling stuff on here. Can't on facebook, Not gun stuff. Well, they do on other forums, but those people are like in South Dakota, Georgia, and Wyoming... I'm thinking "cool"... Nope. 50 posts.

So I go looking. I just KNEW somebody had to have complained about it. Found this thread, and now I got one more post... LOL. Probably take me a week or two to get to 50... Can't always think of something good to say...

The rule doesn't require that you always have to post something good to say. If that were the standard we'd all be breaking that rule. Except for [STRIKE]PrintCraft[/STRIKE] printcraft. He's the only one who always has good things to say. If you're here to join the community then just join in. There are plenty of sub-forums that are interesting to gun enthusiasts. If you're here just to buy or sell something shiny in the classifieds, well, the 50 posts rule is a sort of deterrent for that.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You might think of the 50 post rule as the local interweb hazing. Do it right or you have to start again. Or just pay the site supporter fee.

After you get a little more time on your membership clock and you get a few more posts things ease up a bit.

After a long while you might earn a lot of latitude for attitude, but even some of the more experienced around here have been receivers of the Wrath of Mods lately. Tread lightly for a while, don't be a smart-acre until you pass 50. Realize that like everywhere else in society and the interwebz, INGO has cool guys, not so cool guys, goers and comers, floaters and sinkers.

Yeah, should just be glad we don't require him to post a video of himself marching in a topless Feminist march dressed as one of the Feminists. I think that would be a good haze.

TheQuietMan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2020
    Morocco
    50 is the probee phase. Cuts down on trolls later on.

I don't think anything will cut down on trolls. Those kind of people are dedicated. Forums, facebook, twitter in your face... some people just love to start trouble... I will say they don't normally have the guts to do it to your face unless they're in a crowd. That pack hunter mentality gives added courage.

See also, the democrat party.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nah, no need to fix it. I missed the comma.

Who, printcraft? As in marching in the topless feminist parade?

Once again, my sense of humor falls flat.

That's not exactly what I had in mind. But it would be a hilarious video, but probably needing eye bleach after. I was just saying that the INGO n00b hazing event could be something like that.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don't think anything will cut down on trolls. Those kind of people are dedicated. Forums, facebook, twitter in your face... some people just love to start trouble... I will say they don't normally have the guts to do it to your face unless they're in a crowd. That pack hunter mentality gives added courage.

CM and the gang will cut down on the trolls.

paypal me $75 and I’ll increase your status to one of lofty ‘site supporter’ and you’ll get right in those adds.
    Or you can go thru the terrible hassle of doing it yourself.. I wouldn’t, I’d PayPal me $75.

Even if you do go this route, it pays to be a part of this community, not just be in the classies.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

Hang around for a while and you’ll see how fast a Noobie only wanting to troll gets vaporized. However INGO is no different than any other forum. We have our resident trolls that stir the pot and try to cause grief to the mods and other members. If you haven’t figured out who they are by now you will soon enough.

They are usually very predictable and comical to watch. At the end of the day it’s just the internet and not taken too serious.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The rule doesn't require that you always have to post something good to say. If that were the standard we'd all be breaking that rule. Except for [STRIKE]PrintCraft[/STRIKE] printcraft. He's the only one who always has good things to say. If you're here to join the community then just join in. There are plenty of sub-forums that are interesting to gun enthusiasts. If you're here just to buy or sell something shiny in the classifieds, well, the 50 posts rule is a sort of deterrent for that.

printcraft was a big reason I decided to finally stop browsing and join. Everything that guy says is hilarious and gold. I’ve never seen a post from him i disagreed with. Dude should start a YouTube channel.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Hang around for a while and you’ll see how fast a Noobie only wanting to troll gets vaporized. However INGO is no different than any other forum. We have our resident trolls that stir the pot and try to cause grief to the mods and other members. If you haven’t figured out who they are by now you will soon enough.

They are usually very predictable and comical to watch. At the end of the day it’s just the internet and not taken too serious.
    :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom