PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And Im not sure, but if you have baking soda, you could probably substitute buttermilk for milk and get them to rise.

Then of course you are going to tell me you dont have buttermilk. (I dont usually either) You can substitute by 1 TBSP of lemon juice or white vinegar in a 1C measuring cup. Top it off with regular milk and let sit for 5 minutes. Use that instead.

And if you still are missing ingredients, SFTU and stop complaining. You are too irresponsible to complain. :): :stickpoke:
    I wasn't complaining! I'll have an omelet instead! Geez! :lmfao:

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Ive noticed that recently with frozen french fries. The only thing consistently in the cases are home fries and super expensive name brand specialties like Rallys curly fries, etc. I bought a big bag yesterday. one of only 4 left in the ENTIRE case. No plans to make them, but since I had the only opportunity in a month, I took it. I'm tired of making my own, which arent quite as good.

We've been getting the 5lb bag of Ore-Ida crinkle fries at Costco. I think they're like $10 for the huge bag.

And Im not sure, but if you have baking soda, you could probably substitute buttermilk for milk and get them to rise.

Then of course you are going to tell me you dont have buttermilk. (I dont usually either) You can substitute by 1 TBSP of lemon juice or white vinegar in a 1C measuring cup. Top it off with regular milk and let sit for 5 minutes. Use that instead.

And if you still are missing ingredients, SFTU and stop complaining. You are too irresponsible to complain. :): :stickpoke:
    You sound like Martha Stewart.
    Next you'll be explaining how to darn socks, and whip up our own house cleaning products.;):):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wanted to get some of those to have on hand, but I can't find them. I don't think Kroger carries them anymore.
    I was suprised with the bagged Great Value frozen biscuits. Not the best Ive ever had, and I might not even class them with other biscuits. But as a starch side, they are tasty in their own right.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We've been getting the 5lb bag of Ore-Ida crinkle fries at Costco. I think they're like $10 for the huge bag.

You sound like Martha Stewart.
    Next you'll be explaining how to darn socks, and whip up our own house cleaning products.;):):
    Well, I dont darn socks. But if you take a spray bottle and fill it with 1/3 white vinegar, 1/3 water, 1/3 rubbing alcohol and one drop of dawn, it makes a wicked glass cleaner.

OK, I'm done. Next week I'll tell you....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was suprised with the bagged Great Value frozen biscuits. Not the best Ive ever had, and I might not even class them with other biscuits. But as a starch side, they are tasty in their own right.
    I'll have to check them out next time I go to Walmart. The nice thing about them is if say, you just want to make a couple of bacon, egg and cheese biscuits or something you can just pull 2 out of the bag and bake them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll have to check them out next time I go to Walmart. The nice thing about them is if say, you just want to make a couple of bacon, egg and cheese biscuits or something you can just pull 2 out of the bag and bake them.
    Not with these. My only complaint is they are tiny. Maybe 2-2 1/2". Much too small for a sandwitch.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    IF you use enough gravy, you cant tell cheap from good biscuits. LOL
    Family Dollar and Dollar General carry Libbys sausage gravy.

If it says Libby's Libby's Libby's on the lable label label, you will like it like it on your table table table, if it says Libby's Libby's Libby's on the label label label.

I make a breakfast casserol.

1 bag of hash rounds.
    8 cans of gravy.
    2 lbs of sausage. Fried and crumbled.
    2 lbs of bacon. Fried and crumbled.
    Thick cut ham cubed.
    12 eggs seasoned and scrambled.
    1 large can of biscuits. I use a 3/4" cutter to make a bunch of mini biscuits and bake until golden.
    1lb shredded taco cheese.

Bake the hash rounds chrispy brown.
    Line the bottom of a 12x9 pan with them.
    Heat the gravy and spread a layer over the potatoes.
    Layer sausage, gravy, bacon, gravy, ham, gravy, mini biscuits.
    Sprinkle with cheese to taste.

Feel free to use your own gravy, biscuits or favorite cheese

You can either serve it right away or hold it in the oven.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Family Dollar and Dollar General carry Libbys sausage gravy.

If it says Libby's Libby's Libby's on the lable label label, you will like it like it on your table table table, if it says Libby's Libby's Libby's on the label label label.

I make a breakfast casserol.

1 bag of hash rounds.
    8 cans of gravy.
    2 lbs of sausage. Fried and crumbled.
    2 lbs of bacon. Fried and crumbled.
    Thick cut ham cubed.
    12 eggs seasoned and scrambled.
    1 large can of biscuits. I use a 3/4" cutter to make a bunch of mini biscuits and bake until golden.
    1lb shredded taco cheese.

Bake the hash rounds chrispy brown.
    Line the bottom of a 12x9 pan with them.
    Heat the gravy and spread a layer over the potatoes.
    Layer sausage, gravy, bacon, gravy, ham, gravy, mini biscuits.
    Sprinkle with cheese to taste.

Feel free to use your own gravy, biscuits or favorite cheese

You can either serve it right away or hold it in the oven.
    I've tried that at the in-laws. It has a sweet taste to it.
    I finally, after many, many failed attempts, have figured out gravy that's similar to grandma's.

I think we have a recipe similar to yours.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Had wife's home made gravy this morning. Hot sausage and her own flour/milk/seasoning. Usually over biscuits, this time over some left over cornbread from last night. Her cornbread is from corn milled at Spring Mill park water driven mill, baked in grandma's steel pan that is 125 years old. :rockwoot:

Don

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom