• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Everyone that owns property pays property taxes or the sheriff will have a tax sale. I pay plenty myself that is the way it is. If people don't like it sell your property and rent there are alternatives to paying tax on real estate.

No. Renting just means you're paying someone else's property taxes-it's figured into your rent or your landlord is an idiot.

As for the payment of taxes being your "civic duty".... Once you buy a computer and pay your sales tax, it's yours. When you buy an oven, you can continue to use it as long as it works and never pay another penny for the privilege of owning it.

When you buy property, you may have paid the full cost of the property. You might have clear title to any building on it; may even have built it yourself. How, then, is it that if for whatever reason you do not pay a fee to some gov't agency, your property and your home can be taken from you and sold to someone else for the cost of the taxes alone and anyone call this just? How can this be called just in any way?

And for full disclosure, no, I have not missed any payments, my taxes are a little lower than the mean of those described here. I don't think it's right that I can work my whole life to pay for my home and some government bureaucrat in an office can suddenly decide my property is worth some immense amount more that I'm unable to pay and because of that decision or perhaps a computer glitch, I can lose that home.

Civic duty? Not a bloody chance. It's just something people have become used to and that governmental power is used to enforce. Emphasis on "force".

Blessings,
    Bill

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Nope, you high fallutin city folk can keep your taj mahal schools, pristine roads and high taxes. I'll take my rural schools, pot holes and lower taxes.

And yet, fail to pay that "meager" sum and your rural county will confiscate your lands by "right" and auction it off to the highest bidder to further their dreams of a rural Taj Mahal.

Property taxes, no matter the amount, are more than a mere tip of the hat to the feudalism and tyranny our forefathers fled when seeking these shores.

Amazing how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    I am not saying it is right(property taxes) but taxes are here and dought if they will end. I pay taxes in three states and i don't like it but i enjoy the properties when i am there. In many areas you can reduce your taxes. In Tn if you have a management plan to improve the land you can qualify for greatly reduced property taxes its called Green Belt.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Ahhh, but the difference is my problem is here, on this site. Not somewhere else and I just want to be validated here. If people would stop whining on this site and, IDK, write a letter to a senator or something even remotely useful, maybe your taxes might get lowered. Just my:twocents:

Maybe they do this as well (I have) and maybe, by griping here, they will awaken another to the true feudalistic nature of property taxes and prompt them to take similar action.

One never knows the true impact of his actions, as they may not take root until far in the future. That being said, it does not make these actions less valuable, or less worthy of performing, simply because their fruits are not immediately visible.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The government looks at you and says that guy is living on a McEstate, soak him!!!!!!!!

Get some more ground and put it in classified forest, you taxes will drop dramatically. :)

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe they do this as well (I have) and maybe, by griping here, they will awaken another to the true feudalistic nature of property taxes and prompt them to take similar action.

One never knows the true impact of his actions, as they may not take root until far in the future. That being said, it does not make these actions less valuable, or less worthy of performing, simply because their fruits are not immediately visible.

Or they go the other way and decide that property taxes are "unconstitutional" and don't have to pay, which is more likely to happen. $20 Billion lost every year because people try and cheat the IRS. Like you said, one never knows the true impact of his actions.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Or they go the other way and decide that property taxes are "unconstitutional" and don't have to pay, which is more likely to happen. $20 Billion lost every year because people try and cheat the IRS. Like you said, one never knows the true impact of his actions.

Care to enlighten us as to the connection between the IRS and property taxes?:n00b:

Your actions seem to bear immediate and tasty fruit :rolleyes:

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Care to enlighten us as to the connection between the IRS and property taxes?:n00b:

Your actions seem to bear immediate and tasty fruit :rolleyes:

It was an example, genius. My point is people are more likely when they hear people griding about taxes, and then throwing words like "unconstitutional" and "no right", to just not pay. Of course, you seem to be grabbing at straws and are only here to be validated. But, keep trying, maybe you'll get lucky.:rolleyes:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    It was an example, genius. My point is people are more likely when they hear people griding about taxes, and then throwing words like "unconstitutional" and "no right", to just not pay. Of course, you seem to be grabbing at straws and are only here to be validated. But, keep trying, maybe you'll get lucky.:rolleyes:

Very cute, skippy. Kotetsu Gekkou would be proud, though some editing for grammar might be prudent.

While there has been plenty of griping, I have yet to see anyone claim property taxes to be unconstitutional, unless I have missed it. They are certainly unconscionable, but that is another matter. Anyone who thinks they can get away without paying either is a fool, as is anyone who thinks that, were tax-fraud eliminated tomorrow, a dent would be made in either the deficit or national debt.

Try again, grasshopper, methinks your time here is short :welcome:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Pheh! Mine went from $600 a year to $1200 a year to $2400 a year to $7000 (Marian County cluster f___) a year to $2400 a year in 5 years so I am just now pulling up my pants.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Very cute, skippy. Kotetsu Gekkou would be proud, though some editing for grammar might be prudent.

While there has been plenty of griping, I have yet to see anyone claim property taxes to be unconstitutional, unless I have missed it. They are certainly unconscionable, but that is another matter. Anyone who thinks they can get away without paying either is a fool, as is anyone who thinks that, were tax-fraud eliminated tomorrow, a dent would be made in either the deficit or national debt.

Try again, grasshopper, methinks your time here is short :welcome:

Thank you, speedy.

And of course grammar is important on a forum :laugh:. The constitutionality of taxes in general has been brought up many times. If not here, then on this threads clones that have been springing up lately. And fools they may be, but some are here and your not helping matters. $20 billion may only dent the deficit, but considering our esteemed leaders can't even cut that much, I think its aleast a start.

Keep grabbing, small one, methinks I'm not going anywhere :popcorn:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just got my property rent bill and it went up even though the value of my house didn't go up and is against the 1% cap! Seems they raised the tax rate to get around the fixed value of the house!!!

I pay it against my wishes because Indiana is fairly firearm friendly, which to me is a big deal.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Thank you, speedy.

And of course grammar is important on a forum :laugh:.

I wasn't referring to your grammar here, but I'd wager you realized that.

The constitutionality of taxes in general has been brought up many times. If not here, then on this threads clones that have been springing up lately.
    Please forgive my not spending as much time here as you must.

And fools they may be, but some are here and your not helping matters.
    How does a fellow merely seeking vindication on the interwebz hurt matters? It's not like I'm writing my congressman or something.

$20 billion may only dent the deficit, but considering our
    esteemed leaders can't even cut that much, I think its aleast a start.

It would be a start, but being concerned with it is as useful as focusing on the placement of the deck chairs on the Titanic post iceberg.
    Keep grabbing, small one, methinks I'm not going anywhere :popcorn:
    I'm flattered. Enjoy your stay.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom