• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Honestly, what does going online and whining to a bunch of text boxes prove or accomplish anything????? Do you want to be validated that your a whining little :poop:??? Enough already.

"Boo whoo, I have to pay taxes again. The Man is trying to keep me down. Why do I have to contribute to society?"

:nopity:Cry me a river. You don't want to pay property taxes, then rent.

"But mister bumpshadow, then I won't own my home."

Well, according to your own logic, you don't own it anyway. As so many people here have said, freedom isn't free. Paying taxes is just the less glamorise and more mundane way to pay for it. It's our duty as citizens to pay taxes. Don't like it, or don't think a tax is fair, there are far more productive ways of changing it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Didn't we just have a thread like this????

Don't tell me everyone'e going to wine for the next few weeks about paying taxes? These are going to get more annoying than "the police were mean to me" threads.:horse:

Honestly, what does going online and whining to a bunch of text boxes prove or accomplish anything????? Do you want to be validated that your a whining little :poop:??? Enough already.

"Boo whoo, I have to pay taxes again. The Man is trying to keep me down. Why do I have to contribute to society?"

Well, according to your own logic, you don't own it anyway. As so many people here have said, freedom isn't free. Paying taxes is just the less glamorise and more mundane way to pay for it. It's our duty as citizens to pay taxes. Don't like it, or don't think a tax is fair, there are far more productive ways of changing it.

Pay up slaves. Papa needs a new pair of boots.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I might have to sell a few acres just to make this years property taxes. I opened the bill and I about fainted. Can you believe for 27 acres of woods and farmland, they want almost $100 for the YEAR!?!!!?

My old house is just over $300 for the year. That .79 acres and around 1800sf with a pole barn.

You know the bill sounds low ... until you or some one else just plain does not have the money to pay it ....
    Like deciding to pay the PT or get morphine to negate the pain of bone cancer .

Thanks
    Duncan

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    You can slip over here to Illinois. 2250SF on 5 wooded acres built in 1992.....$6800. And that's Kankakee CO.

And we send the kids to private schools.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville

LOL we gripe about paying taxes and you gripe about us gripping about paying taxes. See the connection:D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I know they'll go up significantly next year. My house was completed so late last year that I don't think they even bothered to put it on there. Even then, I hope to be under $1500 for the year. That's 27 acres, a 4400 sf house including the unfinished basement, and a 50x80 steel building.

You should call and check on this. I remember when we bought our first home and it was complete before the assessment was properly done, sending me a very low estimate. The next year, I had to catch up on the payment for the past year and also pay that current year. So, yeah, you can tease us now, but the state will want its fee for allowing you to live in that mansion. :laugh:

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    LOL we gripe about paying taxes and you gripe about us gripping about paying taxes. See the connection:D

Ahhh, but the difference is my problem is here, on this site. Not somewhere else and I just want to be validated here. If people would stop whining on this site and, IDK, write a letter to a senator or something even remotely useful, maybe your taxes might get lowered. Just my:twocents:

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Ahhh, but the difference is my problem is here, on this site. Not somewhere else and I just want to be validated here. If people would stop whining on this site and, IDK, write a letter to a senator or something even remotely useful, maybe your taxes might get lowered. Just my:twocents:

Who's to say people don't also do that? And it's so exceedingly ignorant and arrogant of you to say that taxes are a civic duty and the cost of freedom. I honestly can't tell if you're making dumb comments to troll or if you actually believe that.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Who's to say people don't also do that? And it's so exceedingly ignorant and arrogant of you to say that taxes are a civic duty and the cost of freedom. I honestly can't tell if you're making dumb comments to troll or if you actually believe that.

Ignorant? Arrogant? :rofl:

So, you think freedom is just handed to you on a silver plater? You think paying down the debt is a good idea until you have to out pay some to see it happen? No, I'm not trolling. There are dozens of people the world over who would love to take that freedom away and they don't care how hard you scream that you should just have it. The money that comes from taxes helps to keep them at by. Our founding fathers worked hard to give freedom a chance, it's our job to keep it that way. AND IT'S NOT FREE! I'm not talking about a metaphorical cost, but actual dollars and cents.

Like it or not taxes are needed, and we are needed to pay them. I'm not saying our whole paycheck should go to the goverment, but we need to pay our taxes.

So shut up, hippie, and pay your taxes. And maybe, just maybe, if everyone actually paid their taxes, we just might get out of debt. Cutting spending does SAVE money, but it doesn't PAY BACK ANYTHING. And if we can't print money, then we use TAX money to PAY DOWN the DEBT.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    one of my houses had the taxes rise to $1356.00 from $345.00 . my other is $1056.00 . didn't even get a kiss after this screwing .

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    :rolleyes:
    Ignorant? Arrogant? :rofl:

So, you think freedom is just handed to you on a silver plater? You think paying down the debt is a good idea until you have to out pay some to see it happen? No, I'm not trolling. There are dozens of people the world over who would love to take that freedom away and they don't care how hard you scream that you should just have it. The money that comes from taxes helps to keep them at by. Our founding fathers worked hard to give freedom a chance, it's our job to keep it that way. AND IT'S NOT FREE! I'm not talking about a metaphorical cost, but actual dollars and cents.

Like it or not taxes are needed, and we are needed to pay them. I'm not saying our whole paycheck should go to the goverment, but we need to pay our taxes.

So shut up, hippie, and pay your taxes. And maybe, just maybe, if everyone actually paid their taxes, we just might get out of debt. Cutting spending does SAVE money, but it doesn't PAY BACK ANYTHING. And if we can't print money, then we use TAX money to PAY DOWN the DEBT.

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    My taxes went up.

Now I pay $200 for the year.

While I can't complain about the amount relative to anyone I know, property shouldn't be taxed period.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I bought my house last august. I get a late notice in the mail saying that the property taxes for the seconf half of 2009 were not paid. In my purchase agreement the seller was to have paid it. I go the bank, they showed me the funny math that they used. They credited me the money for the property taxes but never told me. County tax office says it happens all the time. She said that they only send out the bills once a year, WTH do they do the rest of the year. Plus on top of that they added a late fee to it. That was two months ago. Now I get to pay it again. Don't know who I am more pissed at, the bank or tax office.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    Everyone that owns property pays property taxes or the sheriff will have a tax sale. I pay plenty myself that is the way it is. If people don't like it sell your property and rent there are alternatives to paying tax on real estate.

Top Bottom