OSUT 263: Vote Early and Vote Often...Just Make Sure You Vote!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I have sorghum or millet fruiting under one of my bird feeders.

There's a kind of a bare spot, maybe due to critters. I let something grow, just to see what it was. Figured it all came from the birdseed.

Stalks are just over knee-high now and the tops are covered. Looked like corn at first, but most of the corn has been coarsely milled or at least cracked quite a bit.

I see what we call maize in the deep south, but I have not tried to use my books to identify it yet.
    Can't possibly make it through frost, but I'm letting it grow.
    :):

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I have sorghum or millet fruiting under one of my bird feeders.

There's a kind of a bare spot, maybe due to critters. I let something grow, just to see what it was. Figured it all came from the birdseed.

Stalks are just over knee-high now and the tops are covered. Looked like corn at first, but most of the corn has been coarsely milled or at least cracked quite a bit.

I see what we call maize in the deep south, but I have not tried to use my books to identify it yet.
    Can't possibly make it through frost, but I'm letting it grow.
    :):

I've seen sprouts from bags of cracked corn.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've seen sprouts from bags of cracked corn.
    This is all five to seven heads on each plant, at least.
    Not maize which only ever sprouts one large conglomerate head.
    Thank you, TAMU.

I thought it was corn at first. I'm not the guy to ask the differences when the plants are one hand tall.
    These are above the knee and beautiful.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I reckon it was a yellow jacket.
    Evil! Mild allergy? Maybe?
    Wife and daughter are extremely allergic.

I'm immune to almost everything up here, except nettles, even poison ivy, sumac and oak.
    I figure I grew up exposed to most, but I had never encountered nettles down south.
    A few nettles in my socks will send me for a prancing dance or two with fat boy legs.
    Yikes!

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    YIPPEE #330 in the new thread ! Found y’all again finally.

Been busy. Family reunion holdovers from CO left to head home. Son is still here until tomorrow. Flys to Chicago, staying a few days to see friends & look at real estate, then flys back to Rio. Him and wife are napping.Then they go shopping and I either putz around or go fishing…hmmmmm. Out to eat tonight -deciding between The Down Under ( fish for me ), The Channel Marker ( ? for me ), or The Barbie Hotel ( walleye for me ).

Caught up on yard for few days. Think the roof leak is fixed. Seawall guy was here. He has 9 to finish ahead of me. 5 do not yet have permit back from Indy so could possibly be this year but more than likely not until next year.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I ordered some more ammo. I want to be in on the panic buying.
    no-i-need-to-be-included-so-badly..gif

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Evil! Mild allergy? Maybe?
    Wife and daughter are extremely allergic.

I'm immune to almost everything up here, except nettles, even poison ivy, sumac and oak.
    I figure I grew up exposed to most, but I had never encountered nettles down south.
    A few nettles in my socks will send me for a prancing dance or two with fat boy legs.
    Yikes!

Nurse said it was a spider bite.

Nettles just make me itch until I wash up.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Does it look like the full seawall then?
    No. About I didn’t measure. He did for estimating purposes. The wall ( vertical vinyl panels ) won’t be removed. There is ( I will guess ) 50’ - 75” out of line. Both ends at a seam. Everything house side will be excavated ( hardscape rocks, landscape cloth, landscape plants, soil, 4’ of pea gravel ) and need be removed - hopefully just relocate to a spot on my property. Hope fully not disturb sprinklers but ? Invisible Dog Fence wire will replace after. Top cap, runners, everything but panels removed. Move wall back as straight as possible. Reverse - new stringers, top cap ( going to do all 225’ ), then completely redo anchoring systems ( twice the anchors as original. Then pea gravel and top dirt layer. Then landscapers for hardscape, plants, mew edging, etc. Then lawn repair and reseeding. And ( maybe )sprinkler system and dog fence work.

I’m taking donations

Top Bottom