Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    packed up and went to the lake, the fireworks were not as crazy down here and the dogs were calmer.
    still sprinkling here so no sanding on the deck rail
    I heard lots of fireworks here last night after I went to bed. I imagine tonight there'll be even more. Glad our critters don't care.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Happy Independance Day my fellow Hoosier Patriots. Hasn't been a good week here thus far. The AC decided to finally retire itself on Monday after 37 years of service ever since it was installed in 1987.

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise though. 37 years out of an AC unit is a pretty darn good run. It just sucks to have to put that kind of money out these days for new HVAC but can't do without it since two of us here both have respiratory issues.

The HVAC contractor spent most of the day yesterday with the installation. Had to have both the AC compressor unit outside replaced as well as the air handing unit in the basement. Finally got AC running again by about 5:30 pm. Itt's been kind of a struggle dealing without AC for the past couple of days without it.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Happy Independance Day my fellow Hoosier Patriots. Hasn't been a good week here thus far. The AC decided to finally retire itself on Monday after 37 years of service ever since it was installed in 1987.

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise though. 37 years out of an AC unit is a pretty darn good run. It just sucks to have to put that kind of money out these days for new HVAC but can't do without it since two of us here both have respiratory issues.

The HVAC contractor spent most of the day yesterday with the installation. Had to have both the AC compressor unit outside replaced as well as the air handing unit in the basement. Finally got AC running again by about 5:30 pm. Itt's been kind of a struggle dealing without AC for the past couple of days without it.
    37 is a great run! You'd be lucky if your new one lasts half that :(

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Howdy KG! Glad you got it taken care of. Definitely don't want to be without AC this time of year!
    Yeah, hated to have to put out that kind of money for new HVAC but it's not really a choice. We were very fortunate with the old unit. 37 years without having any major issues and no costly parts replacement, just routine annual maintenance turnup costs and it ran like a champ.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, hated to have to put out that kind of money for new HVAC but it's not really a choice. We were very fortunate with the old unit. 37 years without having any major issues and no costly parts replacement, just routine annual maintenance turnup costs and it ran like a champ.
    That is a helluva run for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom