• Status
    Not open for further replies.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    Tree service crew says they'll be here around noon.
    When the city took down the maple, I kept a few small lengths of firepit wood.

I don't think the ash is worth the trouble.
    • Oaken logs if dry and old, Keep away the winter’s cold. But Ash wet or Ash dry, A king shall warm his slippers by. Oak logs will warm you well, That are old and dry.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Good late morning everyone. Did a quick run thru earlier this morning but forgot to say hi.
    Was out on the water at 7 and was a bit chilly.

I know for sure that I am not a rookie fisherman but I must be a terrible amateur. Was out 3-3.5 hours, scads of fish on sonar but I only had 1 bite. I did catch that one so guess I was 100% bite/hook ratio. Used minnows, crawlers, plastics, variety of artificial , different presentations…they just didn’t like what I had.
    IMG_3960.jpeg

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    We had found thru the years if we put a free sign on stuff people didn’t seem as interested in taking it as when we just set stuff out…go figure.

Last Sept. when we were emptying our son’s house in Goshen anything, everything even crappy junk disappeared if it was outside.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    • Oaken logs if dry and old, Keep away the winter’s cold. But Ash wet or Ash dry, A king shall warm his slippers by. Oak logs will warm you well, That are old and dry.
    I burned mostly Birch and Ash during my time living in very northern Minnesota between Silver bay and Two Harbors(2012-2017), and on occasion maple. We had a wood furnace (and a propane one). Ash is by far the easiest to burn in the north with such short summers and a dream to split(splitter touches it pop done, next). The ash bore menace has not hit that far north yet either, so they are plentiful. 9-13 cords per year.....-30F is cold.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Hey Klaus, texted your neighbor last evening and got no reply. On my end shows delivered but doesn’t show read. I assume everything is OK…maybe his day off ‘got the better of him‘

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom