Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am in deep trouble.
    So on the way home night before last I almost hit a kitten on the road in the middle of nowhere. It was probably a mile either way of just corn and woods. I missed it, but my foster in the front seat was near tears that I had to turn around. I knew deep deep down that would be a mistake. How right I was as the softie in me turned the car around.

Oh, what joy. The kitten was unharmed(and oddly sitting on the side of the road waiting for me to get back)...it got better.
    She was the lure. There was another one. So both kids happy(each having a kitten) the nightmare really begins.....

When we get home to our 3 German shepherds. It did not go well. Everyone survived. The bathroom has since been converted to a temporary shelter for said kittens.

My life sucks. I do not like cats. The chance of these cats ever leaving though is slim to none as two teenage girls would likely murder me in my sleep. Sigh. I will try to make the best of it. Vet apointment made,more money than i care to admit already spent making the vermins life at my house "happy".

1 dog is ok with them. One is afraid of them. And my oldest would likely kill them both if given the chance. good times ahead for me.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Howdy smokingman! Give the kitties a chance. I was never a "cat person" until Susan talked me into getting a kitten. Hopefully your dogs will come around.
    Cats need a litter box(already done) and poop and pee indoors. I do not like litter boxes or having one in my house. It is my main objection to owning a cat. I am not nor will I ever be a cat person. Tolerant yes, buddy buddy with one no. I have three dogs that would do anything for me while demanding very little. Two are even hiking partners at times. The best a cat can hope for from me is a "good job" treat if they kill a mouse or vole that sneaks past the defences. The girls will assume all cat duties, fail and they are not staying(already warned them both and on the plus side they might just develop a little responsibility).

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Morning all.

I live in an apartment and do not want any pets; however, at this moment there is a cat sitting at my door staring at the door knob. About 1 month ago I saw a cat in the bad weather and thought I'd give it some food and water. The cat liked it and actually was very friendly. I'll sit on the patio and she'll eat then want ALLOT of loving, petting and then just lie down and be content.

I made a mistake. The cat, we'll call he Boots, now tries very hard to get into the house when the door opens. We have 2 doors so when it gets rough, I need to sneak to the other door and go in.

I am concerned that I cannot stop what I started. I do not want any pets!

Attachments

• IMG_0593.jpeg
      IMG_0593.jpeg
      831.2 KB · Views: 3

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mornin' Ziggidy! Our current cat, Callie is my little shadow. She hangs out with me on the deck all day and follows me around in the house whenever I'm inside. She's an indoor/outdoor cat. She goes out and comes back in like a dog, although she stays out longer than our dog does.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Trash day today. I had room in the can so I bagged up a bunch of toys and crap that was in the playhouse that we got rid of and hauled it out to the can. Got a couple more things (a little wagon and a toy lawnmower) to take out. I think I've only got room for one or the other in the can though.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a tom cat I took in around 5 years ago. He is pretty low maintenance. He wants some attention in the morning and again before I go to bed. Other than that keep his food pan full, water available and the litter box clean and he does his own thing. The dog wants to push him around. He just bumps him with his nose. When the cat gets tired,of it, he lets the dog know.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got the toy mower and little wagon to fit in the can. All that's left is a milk crate and a little plastic chair. They'll go next week.

Actually there's more stuff out there, but that's everything that was stored in the playhouse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom