mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good morning. Today is zoo day. Several coworkers and their kids/grandkids are all meeting at the zoo in South Bend today. My daughter took the day off so we could go. Cole loved it last year so it looks like this will be an annual event. It looks like the weather is going to be nice too. I packed a bunch of quarters for feeding the goats, ducks, etc.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Morning Greg

I'm trying to get some laundry done before I leave but not sure how far I will get. I hope to at least get the first load into the dryer and the next one into the washer. I started with towels since I don't care if they sit in the dryer all day. I have to go to my parents' tomorrow so it may not be done until Sunday at this rate.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Morning gents. Another nice day ahead. Cloudy and mostly 70s, then briefly hitting 80 about 6pm before heading back down. Need to make a trip to Menards. Then finish up same outdoor clean up & maintenance, put a coating of light cooking oil on internal areas of new charcoal grill/smoker, then maybe cook some dead animal parts.

Wife is heading to Indy tomorrow morning for 4 or 5 days of “babysitting” 15 year old and twin 9 year old girls. So I will be batching it thus need to finalize my “plans/schedule” for next 4pr 5 days.

Sawsurgeon yesterday for second follow up on last months hand surgery. Goo and bad parts of his exam. Making great progress on most thing except ability to pend middle finger without using other hand to do it. Started me on 10 days of steroids to help break up scare tissue. Had PT form a new scar pad to wear under compression glove overnight and a 30* split to alternate on and off during day. Also started electrical muscle stimulation. Yesterday could not stimulate the muscles be so say first step is trying to jump start the nerves to make the muscle work in order to bend. Between physical therapy and doctor appts plus 3 times per day daily exercises, icing, scar message plus splints on and off, etc. hardly have time for anything else. But got to keep at it, surgeon confided he has some concern as to possibly needing to go back in to clean up scare tissue if current measures fail.

Probably stop back in here later to stir the pot a bit. Hope ya’ll have a great day.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    In Shipshewana today
    You seem to spend a lot of time in that area. Hmmm....depending on how late we stay at the zoo, we may need to stop at Rentown on the way home. I picked up a few things there recently but didn't have time to browse like we usually do.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    good morning everyone :coffee: the dogs are walked. I have a meeting in Bristol from 9-12 so this morning is toast. Have a good day BBL
    There was a gorgeous motorcycle in front of the Red Bird Tavern as I drove through Bristol yesterday. Chrome tank with a single saddle. Looked like it was out of the teens or early 20s at the most. Almost pulled over to take a pic. Didn't see Harley or Indian on the side... something different.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I have a neighbor that goes kind of crazy with a show better or equal to the city
    Our next door neighbor has progress from display from yard to a barge out on lake a few hundred feet firing off from shore. BAD night here cause need to medicate my dogs and I stay with them in interior room closed off, widow blinds closed, TV on and turned up. So I spend money at the vet, then nurse dogs, and don’t get to watch. The neighbor does not have a permit, has had a couple fires. But everyone else on the lake is all fired up about it, fund raisers, donation, every year getting bigger. Last year was $3,500 worth shot off. Rumor is more this year. Thought maybe had dodged a bullet this year when barge was destroyed in a fir last month. No such luck, another neighbor ponied up funds and talked local boat builder to put together another barge, electronic firing systems purchased, and will be ready in plenty of time. Yippe…not

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom