• ...and so much more!
  • BtG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    west central
    Hey all,

I purchased a Hotblast 1303 last August off of Craigslist and I love it. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to be big enough. It was a good learning tool for me but its just not getting the job done. I am planning on upgrading soon and I was wondering what the general consensus is on the best value for money is. I have found what I think to be a good deal but I don't now a whole lot about these things so I'm seeking opinions. Below is what I found. Also, a wood boiler is not an option now. To expensive and I don't have anywhere to put it.

Thanks.

United States Stove Hot Blast Warm Air Furnace, 3,000 sq. ft. - Tractor Supply Co.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bingo.

You know what soot is? Besides the black dust that builds up in the flue and if a professional is not regularly paid to clean it out of there will start a fire and burn your house down, soot it just wasted fuel. Any unburned carbon that leaves a firebox is not going to burn, since the temperature in the flue is less than the temperature in the firebox. If it's not going to burn, it's not going to give up heat for the warming of my house, and it's wasted money to have even purchased that carbon, whether it was in the form of coal, wood, or fluidic fossil fuel.

A gasifier does not burn its fuel directly. Instead, the heat of the combustion is used to reduce the solid fuel to gas (soot suspended in air), which is then funnelled into another, even hotter chamber, where it burns completely. The only thing sent up the flue from a gasifier furnace is carbon monoxide. No free soot. And if you feed the gasifier air drawn in from a concentric exhaust duct, it'll be relatively cool carbon monoxide at that. That means it's less expensive, both in terms of maintenance, as well as in less fuel needed to meet your heating needs. There are other waste products of inefficient combustion which the higher combustion temps of a gasifier helps to eliminate as well.

tl;dr Wot Polished515 sed.

For 3000 sqft, look into the Fröling FHG 30.

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    My husband and I have been discussing building one as a back up heat source for when we move to the country house.
    If you want to be a prepper of any kind it is an ideal tool to have for sure as well.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Ummm, Cathy ... I hope you mean carbondioxide being released. Carbon monoxide is only produced from incomplete combustion, which is very inefficient.

A few years of teaching chemistry just squeaked out.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    A guy at work sells the external wood burning boilers (I'll get the brand) and I know several people have purchased them and are very happy with them. I know they can also serve as a water heater as well. Not a great SHTF unit as they require electricity to pump the water but a good option for heating your home.

BtG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    west central
    Do you sell those things? haha. sounds pretty good I will definitely look into it.

Bingo.

You know what soot is? Besides the black dust that builds up in the flue and if a professional is not regularly paid to clean it out of there will start a fire and burn your house down, soot it just wasted fuel. Any unburned carbon that leaves a firebox is not going to burn, since the temperature in the flue is less than the temperature in the firebox. If it's not going to burn, it's not going to give up heat for the warming of my house, and it's wasted money to have even purchased that carbon, whether it was in the form of coal, wood, or fluidic fossil fuel.

A gasifier does not burn its fuel directly. Instead, the heat of the combustion is used to reduce the solid fuel to gas (soot suspended in air), which is then funnelled into another, even hotter chamber, where it burns completely. The only thing sent up the flue from a gasifier furnace is carbon monoxide. No free soot. And if you feed the gasifier air drawn in from a concentric exhaust duct, it'll be relatively cool carbon monoxide at that. That means it's less expensive, both in terms of maintenance, as well as in less fuel needed to meet your heating needs. There are other waste products of inefficient combustion which the higher combustion temps of a gasifier helps to eliminate as well.

tl;dr Wot Polished515 sed.

For 3000 sqft, look into the Fröling FHG 30.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom