Only 16 Hours Until I Get My Nose Back...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    I had sinus surgery on Friday afternoon. This weekend has been hell...let me tell you.

Haven't been able to use my nose at all since I woke up from 'nighty-night' land. The follow up appointment tomorrow afternoon will hopefully get things straightened back out.

Not sure why I'm posting this though!

Probably just looking for sympathy from fellow INGOers who have had similiar procedures done.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    hmm I haven't ever used my nose that I remember. Just doesn't work as a smeller. Very rarely I smell something. isn't always a strong smell either, just sometimes it turns on for short bit and then turns back off. Very weird. Anyway glad things are working out for you. Recovering from any surgery sucks.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I had an open reduction to fix deviated septum after a car crash. The worst part of recovery was trying to eat or drink without being able to equalize pressure through the nose (it was packed full of medicated gauze.) That and the horrible dry mouth. And then pulling all that gauze and splints back out.

Had minor nasal troubles for years after but then they went back in and trimmed out some scar tissue and it was back to pretty good.

My wife says I still don't smell right. How would she know? :n00b:

Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Danville
    Had deviated septum/turbinates done last November. Chili and frosty's from wendys were my menu for the week:)
    You have to wonder how those GIANT splints fit up there!:eek: Once they are out-things get much better.............

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Had deviated septum/turbinates done last November. Chili and frosty's from wendys were my menu for the week:)
    You have to wonder how those GIANT splints fit up there!:eek: Once they are out-things get much better.............

If the "splints" are what I think they are, they are compressed under high pressure and vacuum and dried that way, then when they're inserted, they expand while absorbing excess fluids and such. It's weird watching them being put in and more so watching them come out.

Kinda reminds me of a clown car. ;) :D

Get well soon and as always,

Blessings,
    Bill

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    My wife had it done years back.....looked like a magic trick pulling all that gauze out.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Thanks for the support from all. I'm surprised so many had similiar situations.

We are now at t-minus 7 hours and counting until my follow-up. Thank God!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    you'll feel much better once its all behind ya. I had it done along with alot of crap. it'll only stretch your nose out a little ;):):

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I had an open reduction to fix deviated septum after a car crash. The worst part of recovery was trying to eat or drink without being able to equalize pressure through the nose (it was packed full of medicated gauze.) That and the horrible dry mouth. And then pulling all that gauze and splints back out.

Had minor nasal troubles for years after but then they went back in and trimmed out some scar tissue and it was back to pretty good.

My wife says I still don't smell right. How would she know? :n00b:

Smells like fish, tastes like chicken :D

Top Bottom