• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    Regarding the Mossbergs, I am a fan. It seems as if the 870 vs 500 is like a Ford vs Chevy argument - people like what they like and not much will change those viewpoints. In the 500 line, as you know, the Maverick is the economy model. As has already been stated, it is totally serviceable. I think it feels a little less solid than the others to me, but that is purely subjective. The 590A1 is kind of the "cat's meow", but the ones I have handled in stores seem to have a rougher action and are not as smooth as the standard 500. I'm sure that has to do with being heavy duty, and it will improve with time, but I imagine most casual shooters will not shoot enough rounds through it to smooth it out. The 590A1 is heavy, too heavy for many people. The advantage of both the 590 and 590A1 over the 500 is the ability to easily change out the mag spring. The 590 (not the A1) is still fairly light but retains the ability to easily switch out the mag spring. Any of them will work well - it's really just a matter of preference.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I have always told anyone asking about a shotgun that if they get a 870 then stick with a 870. Make your additional shot guns 870 as well. The reason being is that no matter witch one you pick up you will know where the safety is. You won't have to hunt for it. or any of the other controls or how to load it. Also if you have a problem with one braking down you can use one for parts to keep one running. Just something to think about.

RW97

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2016
    Muncie
    Winchester SXP's are nice guns. They have a smooth action. You can get them with a 22" barrel with fiber optic sights. Perfect for hunting and home protection IMO

Top Bottom