• Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    What's the timeframe on the purchase?

Would it be cost effective to wait and watch the market over the next few months? With the economy the way it is, I wonder if better buys won't be opening up on slightly used trucks? Lotta folks may well be in over their heads as their cashflow is further compromised?

Ya, the economy is going to turn rite around. About two months before the election, then take a really big nose dive who ever is elected.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The blue one...

It's nice to find them closer, but sometimes, the best deal is a little farther. Been through that.

Not a deal, IMO. Lightly optioned for a lvl 3, no trailer tech package (which gives me the cameras I want) and closer to MSRP then I'd get a new one for. Thanks, though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What's the timeframe on the purchase?

Would it be cost effective to wait and watch the market over the next few months? With the economy the way it is, I wonder if better buys won't be opening up on slightly used trucks? Lotta folks may well be in over their heads as their cashflow is further compromised?

I'd like to have it by March, but I don't see truck prices going down in that time frame. Manufacturers are still raising MSRPs, just slower. If I order now I get price protection. If rebates start popping up, I'll get the current rebate package when I take delivery, 6-9 months being the estimate. Obviously if I buy used that's irrelevant.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Not a deal, IMO. Lightly optioned for a lvl 3, no trailer tech package (which gives me the cameras I want) and closer to MSRP then I'd get a new one for. Thanks, though.
    Happy to help, even though it wasn't any.

I haven't researched them, or any vehicle, recently. So, I'm not sure what equipment comes in at what level.
    I searched for 3-4 months when we were looking for the Mrs. vehicle. I finally found the exact one we wanted, at the best price. I did some negotiating over emails, and got an even better price, with some additional things added in. It just took some time to find "the one".

Now, we keep getting letters from dealers, wanting to buy it.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Now, we keep getting letters from dealers, wanting to buy it.
    I’ve gotten a few of those myself. “We can put you in a newer vehicle, for less money!” Now, I’m no financial genius, but it seems to me with the price of used cars, that’s unlikely!

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I’ve gotten a few of those myself. “We can put you in a newer vehicle, for less money!” Now, I’m no financial genius, but it seems to me with the price of used cars, that’s unlikely!
    It couldn't possibly be less money... we paid it off a few months ago.
    Don't know the direction work is going to go, so we got that payment out of the way.

They did offer 5K more than we paid for it 3 years ago, about 4 months ago.

Top Bottom