• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I'll be running a Speed Shotgun match at Atlanta Conservation Club on October 9.

Rules:
    - Divisions
    Open: No restrictions on ammo capacity, modifications or accessories to shotguns.
    Standard: No Optics, no ports, no compensators, no speed-loaders, no detachable magazines. Shotguns may not be loaded with more than 9 rounds prior to start signal, but capacity will not be limited after Start Signal.
    Standard Manual: Same as Standard but shotgun must have a manually operated action(pump, lever, etc.)
    - Scoring
    Each Stage has a Par Time that is the maximum amount of time a shooter has to shoot a stage. Par Time will be noted in walkthrough, and may or may not be the same for all divisions. When Par Time is reached, the buzzer will sound and the shooter MUST STOP. No penalty for shots taken overtime but targets engaged/neutralized overtime will not count for score. A 0.3 second buffer will be used to determine if a target is neutralized at the buzzer counts for score. Targets must be neutralized to score: steel must fall. There will be no penalty for targets not engaged or failure to neutralize unless stage description requirement.
    - Penalties
    Shooting from an illegal position will incur one hit penalty per shot fired. Failing to follow stage description requirements will incur the number of hit penalties stated in the stage description.
    ------------------------------------------
    Round Count - 100 birdshot 10 slugs. This is the maximum round count needed. We will more than likely NOT shoot that much, but bring that to be on the safe side(re-shoots can happen).
    Have a way to carry a minimum of 24 rounds of shotgun ammo on you.
    SETUP WILL BE 4PM OCTOBER 8TH.
    I will be getting back from Europe October 7th late in the evening and well, Jet Lag is gonna SUCK so I'm pushing setup back late in the day.
    Match Fee - $20, RO's $10, Set Crew $10.

Check In Time 9am - Shooters Meeting at 9:45am - First Shot at 10am

All the help I can get will be wonderful.

Thanks - Jon

Last edited:

diverjes06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    GREENWOOD
    No Multi Gun?

Jon, I saw that 10/9 was originally scheduled as a MultiGun date (on the Indy MultiGun site). Will this be rescheduled?

Jeff S.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Jon, I saw that 10/9 was originally scheduled as a MultiGun date (on the Indy MultiGun site). Will this be rescheduled?

Jeff S.

Negative, I may try to run a Action Rifle math yet this year but most likely I won't have time before the weather turns to complete crap. I'll be gone starting next Friday for 2 weeks in Europe then we have the Speed Shotgun match. After that, it's time to hit the fields, farm season will be in.

The distance for slugs will be 25 yards on Clay Pigeon size targets.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I'm in, looking forward to it.
    Distance on slug shots?
    Well lets think about this longhair! Its ACC ya cant get much over 25 unless you shoot across bay 8 then you might get 45 if your lucky. For you you better hope its the 20 yarders.

But we did get some 1/3 scale targets in..
    Lets put those on a swinger for the slug course!!! :D

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Your not giving up much Kent....

Yeah,,it looks like we may see days like back in the day of Pagel and Lindy Infante. Funny how I'm not having people I barely know ask if I will sell them my tickets lately.

Even Art Schlichter is betting against the Colts.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Well lets think about this longhair! Its ACC ya cant get much over 25 unless you shoot across bay 8 then you might get 45 if your lucky. For you you better hope its the 20 yarders.

But we did get some 1/3 scale targets in..
    Lets put those on a swinger for the slug course!!! :D
    Bring em on!

Also, where's the book?

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I'm pushing Setup back to 4pm. I'm currently sitting at the Manchester, UK airport waiting on my 10:20am(5:20am Indiana) flight to Atlanta then a 5 hour layover and a return to FWA around 9:30.

4 stages will be setup.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I'm pushing Setup back to 4pm. I'm currently sitting at the Manchester, UK airport waiting on my 10:20am(5:20am Indiana) flight to Atlanta then a 5 hour layover and a return to FWA around 9:30.

4 stages will be setup.
    Actually its 3:30ish if this is real time. You gotta be wore out when you get home. BUT is the Bass over there better than here???

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Yea it's 9:00am now. I'm tired as hell, been up since 5(2hr drive to airport from where my buddy lives here). Not to mention I've been to 5 different countries in the last 2 weeks, and lots of alcohol involved, I need a nap lol.

Top Bottom