• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Seems to me some folks here would almost purposely speed in front of a cop just so they would get pulled over, and then start some **** with the cop so they could later post about it here.
    Terrible analogy. Try this: Some of us are OK with sitting in the front of the bus, even though some in society tell us it is not allowed. That is a little closer.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I seem to remember the BG Firearms owner stating on this site that carry arms were OK in his shop.

You might wanna rethink the "idiots" comment...

Ok, both of you agree about the sign.

Strike one for beech grove.

You both have conflicting stories about the owner of BG firearms position on loaded carry for personal protection. One of you is wrong. I don't know who.

All the information I have that you both corroborate is that there is an idiotic sign on the door of beech grove firearms. Since it's been up for some time we can rightly assume the owner either put it up or is allowing something idiotic. This would make him (them if there are multiple owners) an idiot.

On one plus side for them apparently the guy who was OC'ing didn't get hassled. That's a big plus, if true. Since that poster seems to have a bias and one of you is lying that story may or may not be false. I don't know.

The only fact is there is a sign on beech grove firearms front door prohibiting any loaded firearms. That makes the owner an idiot. It may be his right as a business owner, but it still makes him an idiot.

When he comes to his senses and appropriately alters the sign we can talk.

***Don't take thsi personally either of you. One of you has got to be wrong since there are completely conflicting stories about the owners views. No way around that.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Ok, both of you agree about the sign.

Strike one for beech grove.

You both have conflicting stories about the owner of BG firearms position on loaded carry for personal protection. One of you is wrong. I don't know who.

All the information I have that you both corroborate is that there is an idiotic sign on the door of beech grove firearms. Since it's been up for some time we can rightly assume the owner either put it up or is allowing something idiotic. This would make him (them if there are multiple owners) an idiot.

On one plus side for them apparently the guy who was OC'ing didn't get hassled. That's a big plus, if true. Since that poster seems to have a bias and one of you is lying that story may or may not be false. I don't know.

The only fact is there is a sign on beech grove firearms front door prohibiting any loaded firearms. That makes the owner an idiot. It may be his right as a business owner, but it still makes him an idiot.

When he comes to his senses and appropriately alters the sign we can talk.

***Don't take thsi personally either of you. One of you has got to be wrong since there are completely conflicting stories about the owners views. No way around that.

If I remember correctly PSS has such a sign on the front door also. And I wouldn't call Bob an idiot. I tell you what.....You have a post calling a store owner an idiot for a sign on his door. That makes you an idiot. You can post whatever you want, but it makes you an idiot. When you come to your senses and appropriately alter your post we can talk.
    :fawk:
    Don't take this personally though. :draw::):

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I would like to see a list of local gun stores that DONT have a no loaded firearms sign. My favorite store which will remain nameless has one and they know that I am carrying whenever I come into the store. They have even asked me to stay when one of them had to step out for a moment but they still prefer that I not openly display my weapon. personally I think they don't want the majority of the customer base to have loaded weapons because of the possibility of an a.d. but I can't say for sure because I've never asked.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Please remember guys, this is our Consitutional Right to keep and bear arms. But if you haven't noticed, our Rights are being eliminated, 1 by 1, by the left in this country.

Thats actually completely not true when it comes to gun rights. There are more states enacting pro-gun laws recently than at any time in the majority of our lifetimes. Castle Doctrine, Stand Your Ground & Shall issue laws are becoming the norm, not the exception. There are more gun owners & permit holders now than at probably (I don't have the actual numbers) any time in the last 40 years or maybe longer. The SCOTUS has just ruled for the first time in history that the RKBA is an individual right. The Chicken Little "sky is falling" :nailbite: :runaway: stuff sounds good but it doesn't really mesh with reality too well.

They have a "NO LOADED GUNS IN THE STORE" policy for safety reasons. I was just leaving so I am unsure if Barney Fife was asked to go outside and unload it or not. Greg was not there or I'll bet he would have been.

Which brings up another point. It seems that gun-owners are our own worst enemy. Some of us rail on about another gun-owner exercising his 2A rights by OC'ing. So if you OC & maybe act in a way that is completely safe but you find inappropriate the guy is a "Barney Fife". Who cares if he was "strutting around", maybe he was proud of his new gun & wanted to show it off. I'm sure nobody else here has ever done that with a new car, motorcycle or any other 'new' thing they just got.

Gun shop owners put up signs that don't allow loaded guns in their stores. I may not have used the word "idiot" to describe them but I can understand where the sentiment comes from. I would however use the word "hypocrite". For a gun store owner to sell a product to the public that they feel is "so dangerous" that they don't want the average gun owner to carry that product in their store is the definition of hypocritical. Would you be OK with a car dealer not allowing cars to be driven on their property because they are just too dangerous. More people in this country are killed by cars each year than guns.

All it takes is a small group of vocal "concerned citizens" and we are in a fight for our rights.

I am not saying that there are not some people in charge in this country, both liberal and conservative, who would like nothing more than to eliminate guns. Its always been that way, even in our Founders time.

If you truly are concerned for your rights then we, as gun owners, need to be that small vocal group standing up for our rights not being shamed into hiding what is the perfectly legal act of owning & carrying a gun.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I ccw exclusively. I stand as far from OC people as possible so I can save his 2nd ammend OC lovin behind when ronnie ramjet decides to take out every visible threat before he robs the place. I get all my guns half off at gander mountain mville after I quietly ask the pretty girl at the service desk to check in my firearm like the big sign asks. At which time she thanks me says never mind unless I am tradin or repairin. I go see the boys at the gun desk who bow to my knowledge and taste in fine artillery. Take excellent care and never make a mistake on purpose. To top it off the gun manager opens the register and gives me 50 bucks back when the goofy register chokes and over charges me. Then two days later when my PT1911 isn't on the rebate list cause of older stock gives my wife who was on the way home 50 bucks again from the till without making me drive the 50 miles myself. Yes I paid retail. Yes some people need a new personality sometimes. Yes everything is true but for the one lie about half price. YMMV but remember retail is a lonely dirty gig. When u ask a technical question you probably make them nervous cause u read more than ya shoot.lol Make a friend buy a gun and carry it any way u legally can. The rest is just hogwash I say!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ATM, the big question is, why are you still alive after all that open carry? You should be attracting violent criminal actors like moths to a flame!

:D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just lucky they always spray fire from the hip and miss me. Then, after I stare them down with my menacingly beady eyes, they tend to just run away. I am usually rewarded with free sandwiches and stuff after this happens.:cool:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just lucky they always spray fire from the hip and miss me. Then, after I stare them down with my menacingly beady eyes, they tend to just run away. I am usually rewarded with free sandwiches and stuff after this happens.:cool:

Make sure you get chips too, even it's just one of those tiny 3-chip-containing bags. It's the principle, after all.

By the way ... Blimpies on the corner of Washinton and Market is good. They slice the meat when they make your sandwich!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...By the way ... Blimpies on the corner of Washinton and Market is good. They slice the meat when they make your sandwich!

I'll hang out there after the Subway $5 footlongs promotion is over. On the rare occasion I do not thwart any criminal actor attempted robberies with my OC bravado, I still have to pay for my sandwich.:rolleyes: I do like the idea of freshly sliced meat, though!:)

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Never had a problem with this. A Brownsburg police officer once asked me at Marsh if I had a permit. I said yes and he took me at my word.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I OC'd for the first time today. I was in my underwear though so maybe that was why everyone snickered and pointed. :-D
    Honestly if it wasn't for this sight I never would have realized OC was an option. Every LEO around here I asked all three PD'S where I have lived have stated it was concealed. Now I find out I have been sweatin my ash off because I trusted those ruthless banchee's. Even though INDIANA STATE PD FAQ states that the law as it is written is silent on the issue. How come every one thinks there is a division on if it is a LTCH or a 4 year. I didn't see a distinction other than duration in carry options or wording. what's the real deal?
    THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO.
    btw I still think you would be more of a target OC in a walkin freezer march. I understand the concept of seeing the gun bad guy moves on. I just think if badguy is dunhtada you could have an apc and 3 guys with weapons in plain sight and still have a really bad day. Just google any armored car robbery since hollywood gets it all wrong.
    I wasn't sayin OC GUYS WERE BAD. I was sayin the ccw fat guy on the otherside of the room would help save us from the weetodddid dunhtada that didn't notice or run from the room leaving a yellow stream down his leg... :-D

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    LTCH = License To Carry a Handgun. It does not mean 4 year or Lifetime.
    Ok so that explains where I got mistaken. I was reading other posts and some were saying that if you had the LTCH lifetime protect then you could oc but if you had a 4 year it was ccw only. which made no sense at all. I didn't originally think they were different besides duration but then ya read all the slingin and I had to go huh?
    thanks again!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Ok so that explains where I got mistaken. I was reading other posts and some were saying that if you had the LTCH lifetime protect then you could oc but if you had a 4 year it was ccw only. which made no sense at all. I didn't originally think they were different besides duration but then ya read all the slingin and I had to go huh?
    thanks again!

Indiana has two types of handgun licenses.
    IC 35-47-2-4
    Qualified or unlimited licenses to carry handguns; fees; exemptions from payment of fees
    Sec. 4. (a) Licenses to carry handguns shall be either qualified or unlimited, and are valid for:
    (1) four (4) years from the date of issue in the case of a four (4) year license; or
    (2) the life of the individual receiving the license in the case of a lifetime license.
    A qualified license shall be issued for hunting and target practice. The superintendent may adopt rules imposing limitations on the use and carrying of handguns under a license when handguns are carried by a licensee as a condition of employment. Unlimited licenses shall be issued for the purpose of the protection of life and property.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Why is it that folks open carry? I don't care how "up" on your surroundings you are, no one has 360 degree vision while walking around. There are some humans that are so desperate for cash, that they may actually target you just to steal the gun they plainly see on your person. To me, OCing would be like walking around with $400-$600 in cash strapped to your belt where everyone can see it. Plus, if your at a store where robbers with guns already drawn come in, you totally lose any element of surprise. You had best be the quickest draw in the state because chances are:
    #1: They are going to take your gun.
    #2: They might just shoot you right on the spot just knowing you are armed.

I just think OCing is a bad idea, especially with the current state of the economy in some areas of Indiana.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Why is it that folks open carry? I don't care how "up" on your surroundings you are, no one has 360 degree vision while walking around. There are some humans that are so desperate for cash, that they may actually target you just to steal the gun they plainly see on your person. To me, OCing would be like walking around with $400-$600 in cash strapped to your belt where everyone can see it. Plus, if your at a store where robbers with guns already drawn come in, you totally lose any element of surprise. You had best be the quickest draw in the state because chances are:
    #1: They are going to take your gun.
    #2: They might just shoot you right on the spot just knowing you are armed.

I just think OCing is a bad idea, especially with the current state of the economy in some areas of Indiana.

People keep claiming that but the evidence of it actually happening is mighty thin. We have maybe two cases ever that anyone has brought up (from one of Ayoob's books--and the "maybe" has been because of questions about those cases themselves).

"People might target you first" is in the same ballpark with "if you're armed, the bad guy will just take it away from you and use it against you" and "being armed just makes the situation worse by 'escalating' the violence." It speaks of fears rather than the actual facts on the ground.

Did you even consider the possibility that if you're visibly armed the BG may choose to direct his attention to somebody who isn't armed, for much the same reason that the vast majority of mass shootings occur in "gun free zones"?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    People keep claiming that but the evidence of it actually happening is mighty thin. We have maybe two cases ever that anyone has brought up (from one of Ayoob's books--and the "maybe" has been because of questions about those cases themselves).

"People might target you first" is in the same ballpark with "if you're armed, the bad guy will just take it away from you and use it against you" and "being armed just makes the situation worse by 'escalating' the violence." It speaks of fears rather than the actual facts on the ground.

Did you even consider the possibility that if you're visibly armed the BG may choose to direct his attention to somebody who isn't armed, for much the same reason that the vast majority of mass shootings occur in "gun free zones"?

QFT. I'm so sick of people using this argument against OC. If you don't want to OC, fine. Don't. But unless you have facts to back up your absurd claims, then stop using it as an argument!

Police, armed guards, armored car drivers, these are all in a different class. They cannot be classified with "normal" citizens as the criminal psychology changes completely towards them.

Top Bottom