• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There is solid argument that repealing it alone would allow the problem to solve itself in the private sector.

Ending the insane amount of regulations, restrictions, rules, taxes, etc. would make healthcare a welcome market for insurers to get into, creating competition and appropriate pricing without govt meddling.

How so? Why can't the private sector do it now? If they have a product that is superior to ACA, at a cheaper price point, then they would've injected themselves into this a long time ago. Private insurance has consistently raised prices, if they are to finally reel in their practices, then I believe that's more out of fear that a replacement would take away would be customers, rather than a desire to be competitive and do right by persons in need.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Most of the Obamacare lie is the forced adherence to an unsustainable business model that is destined to fail. President Trump explained it in the press conference. If left alone, it will fail on it's own.

Free stuff is only sustainable as there are those paying for it. In this case there aren't.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No need to replace. Just kill it and let the market auto correct itself. This thus beg the question with ocare gone will the .gov also downsize all the irs agents it hired just to check on the ocare stuff in the taxes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well there you go. That fixes it all. Pass the Fair Tax, totally eliminate the IRS. Savings and MUCH better tax revenue stream pays to bring the pre-existing illness folks into Medicare.

We take away that extremely foolish mandatory coverage of young adults, right at the age we are teaching them responsibility as young adults. The side benefit of teaching adult responsibility is less snowflakes with trigger issues.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No need to replace. Just kill it and let the market auto correct itself. This thus beg the question with ocare gone will the .gov also downsize all the irs agents it hired just to check on the ocare stuff in the taxes.

I don't think this watch can be unwound. There will be people with prior conditions either pre or post-Obamacare implementation that will not "auto-correct". Lots of possibilities.

My other observation would be that companies who previously offered health insurance may no longer do so.

Lots of broken watch mainsprings methinks.

And it won't just be the hated poor that y'all will have problems with.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes the companies that went belly up during the ocare years are not going to come back. But we are now getting at a deeper issue. Should .gov even be involved?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If we would really entertain national free market health insurance, it would be better than going back to the old system where costs escalated significantly each year. Obamacare didn't stop the basic unappealing trend line of health care charges.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If we would really entertain national free market health insurance, it would be better than going back to the old system where costs escalated significantly each year. Obamacare didn't stop the basic unappealing trend line of health care charges.

If people would actually read the invoices from the Hospital they would need an ambulance.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The market wasn't correcting itself before Obamacare. So repeal Obamacare, then what? It was broke before because of various factors, including too much government. So repeal it and we go back to "broke", which is still way better than what we have now, but it wasn't a market system before Obamacare.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let people buy a policy that only covers left toe injuries and prices will come down

See. You understand this ****. :yesway:

I'll tell you what. Without insurance covering everything I doubt any medical facility will hire several layers of people to take my information just so I can make an appointment to get my ass scoped.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Competition and education will bring healthcare costs down. So will tort reform. Not to mention competition across state lines.

We should be able to "shop" the Walmart Clinic vs the Amazon Clinic vs the Kroger Clinic without worry that the Kenny Nunns are gonna raise costs for everyone.

I should be able to "shop" the competitive prices on my middle aged guy checks as much as my grand daughter should for her birth control/female issues. A lot of these procedures should be affordably paid out of pocket, actually priced as loss leaders by the medical facilities, seeking to gain loyal customers.

Last edited:

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville

That's a weird concept....the government shrinking...I could live with no IRS.

Insurance is going to go up, unless something is done about medical costs.

:yesway: Obama care did nothing to bring the costs down, which is a big reason insurance kept creeping up every year. A few problems that cross my mind are free medical care for every illegal to jump the boarder, over built, (fancy) hospitals and ridiculous malpractice lawsuites (not talking about actual doctor negligence, But sometimes there are unforseen things that no doctor could have predicted...that's why it's called "practicing medicine")

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think this watch can be unwound. There will be people with prior conditions either pre or post-Obamacare implementation that will not "auto-correct". Lots of possibilities.

My other observation would be that companies who previously offered health insurance may no longer do so.

Lots of broken watch mainsprings methinks.

And it won't just be the hated poor that y'all will have problems with.

I do not hate the poor.
    I have been one of them and it sucks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Competition and education will bring healthcare costs down. So will tort reform. Not to mention competition across state lines.

We should be able to "shop" the Walmart Clinic vs the Amazon Clinic vs the Kroger Clinic without worry that the Kenny Nunns are gonna raise costs for everyone.

I should be able to "shop" the competitive prices on my middle aged guy checks as much as my grand daughter should for her birth control/female issues. A lot of these procedures should be affordably paid out of pocket, actually priced as loss leaders by the medical facilities, seeking to gain loyal customers.

That requires "replace".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Absolutely not. The free market will take care of that.

Most folks have no idea how deep Obamacare goes. The FDA makes the IRS look like nice guys and they have everyone even remotely associated with the medical field by the short hairs. Their overreach has been extended many, many, many times over with Obamacare.

That is just one govt regulating agency buried in that plan that we passed before we read. Take the gov't getting theirs and all the corruption that goes with it out of the picture. That's just scratching the surface.

Take hoosierdoc's malpractice insurance out of the loop. Now the hospital's insane legal costs that get built into our bill before we even walk in. Not to mention all of that same stuff for every medical device, glove, waist can and aspirin that comes into the place.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    How so? Why can't the private sector do it now? If they have a product that is superior to ACA, at a cheaper price point, then they would've injected themselves into this a long time ago. Private insurance has consistently raised prices, if they are to finally reel in their practices, then I believe that's more out of fear that a replacement would take away would be customers, rather than a desire to be competitive and do right by persons in need.

Seriously? Why can't the private sector do it now? Like onerous .gov rules and regulations weren't there before ObamaCare?

Repeal and Reform, NOT Repeal and Replace.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I do not hate the poor.
    I have been one of them and it sucks.

"y'all" was too general. Clearly, not everyone thinks the same way about those who benefit from Obamacare on the lowest economic ladder.

I didn't realize we were poor when I was a kid, but we might have qualified in today's terms, without the handouts.

Top Bottom