• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Gruber is the guy who admitted they lied through their teeth to get it passed

And is on record impugning the intelligence of the people who would be subjected to Obamacare. He's a first-class douche nozzle.

Open enrollment starts tomorrow. I dread what I'm going to find when I see what my choices are.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I overheard a call with an exec with a very large drug chain. The consensus it that the horse is out of the gate for the ACA this year. Changes (if any) won't be coming until next year.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Only if Trump doesn't fulfill a campaign promise and what they replace it with isn't actually worse.

Hopefully they'll just replace it with a free market.

Do you really think that they'll just abandon it? I honestly don't know why this issue about "repealing Obamacare," is so big. It can't be done. If you repeal Obamacare, and replace it with something else, you still have some form of govt regulated healthcare.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Do you really think that they'll just abandon it? I honestly don't know why this issue about "repealing Obamacare," is so big. It can't be done. If you repeal Obamacare, and replace it with something else, you still have some form of govt regulated healthcare.

And just wait till all the people thinking of "free" healthcare get their tax bill.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Trumps plan is to make health savings account tax deductibl3 and also any premiums you pay tax deductible.
    In addition he wants to allow insurance companies to be able to sell nationally not just within one state.

In terms of ocare he is,going to not enforce the indiviual mandate and stop funding the exchanges. So even if congress does nothing. Ocare lives on paper but is pertty much gutted in real life.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Just reset the program so it reflects what it really is, subsidized insurance. Quit having the insurance companies collect the "taxes" to pay for it and just account for it in plain black and white on a government tax ledger. Tell the American taxpayer, this is what we are taking from you to achieve this and see how people respond. Leave the rest of the insurance alone. This program has been a scam from the beginning.

Given the truth the American people will decide if it's a good idea, or not.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...b5164beba6b_story.html?utm_term=.d00ea7fa4e84

U.S. Senate launches Obamacare repeal process, House to vote | Reuters

The House of Representatives plans to vote on the measure on Friday, Speaker Paul Ryan said, pushing ahead despite concerns among some Republicans about launching a repeal before building a consensus about how to replace the complicated and far-reaching Affordable Care Act, dubbed Obamacare.

Go Go GO ! :patriot::rockwoot:

Let's get this POS repealed tomorrow.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...b5164beba6b_story.html?utm_term=.d00ea7fa4e84

U.S. Senate launches Obamacare repeal process, House to vote | Reuters

The House of Representatives plans to vote on the measure on Friday, Speaker Paul Ryan said, pushing ahead despite concerns among some Republicans about launching a repeal before building a consensus about how to replace the complicated and far-reaching Affordable Care Act, dubbed Obamacare.

Go Go GO ! :patriot::rockwoot:

Let's get this POS repealed tomorrow.

This is the correct "**** you Obama" move.

However, most responsible adults would probably rather have something to replace it with so that the industry isn't whipsawed with changing regulations. I'm hoping they'll replace it with a market solution.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There is solid argument that repealing it alone would allow the problem to solve itself in the private sector.

Ending the insane amount of regulations, restrictions, rules, taxes, etc. would make healthcare a welcome market for insurers to get into, creating competition and appropriate pricing without govt meddling.

"**** you Obama" move is just icing on the cake. This is why we elected who we did.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom