NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    Does anyone know anything about the Texaco on Ridge Rd in Hobart? I can’t tell if it’s a tourist attraction or some kind of museum or something else entirely. It never seems to be open when I pass it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I found out the hard way last weekend that getting up from a mattress on the floor is not as easy as it looks, especially with nothing sturdy to hold on to. Made a little change to the bed situation. I made a murphy bed. When I let it down, I'm going to set up eight 17" pieces of 4x4 to support it. When I put the bed back up, I'll just put the 4x4's back in a box against the wall under the mattress.

1727476170438.png

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Does anyone know anything about the Texaco on Ridge Rd in Hobart? I can’t tell if it’s a tourist attraction or some kind of museum or something else entirely. It never seems to be open when I pass it.
    Use to be a hostess thrift store back in the day. We'd get all our bread and snacks there. No clue what they're doing there now. Lots of vintage fuel related stuff. Not sure if open to the public

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    One of my co-workers used to call it the "used bread store". :):
    I remember 3 loaves of bread for $1. Apple, cherry pies, honeybuns, etc., 3 for a $1. Boxes of twinkies or cupcakes for $1 or 2.

On a different note that wind is really picking up now. Looks like no outdoor movies for me tonight. Have to use the 75" screen inside

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I found out the hard way last weekend that getting up from a mattress on the floor is not as easy as it looks, especially with nothing sturdy to hold on to. Made a little change to the bed situation. I made a murphy bed. When I let it down, I'm going to set up eight 17" pieces of 4x4 to support it. When I put the bed back up, I'll just put the 4x4's back in a box against the wall under the mattress.

View attachment 383117

That's why you need the trial run.
    I was always surprised at people showing up at a campground, 1st time they set their equipment up.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That's why you need the trial run.
    I was always surprised at people showing up at a campground, 1st time they set their equipment up.
    I had actually gone out a few times with the dogs and hung out on the mattress. One thing that made it harder for me to get up at my dad's is that the ground was not level. I'd get up and then lose my balance and fall down (on the mattress).

1727486449586.png

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    The mom is rather large and she brings 4 little ones.
    Squirrels, possums, raccoons, an occassional skunk and birds of all kinds.
    I'm getting nice in my old age.
    We have critters all over here. Lately there have been a group of 2 or 3 raccoons playing in the back yard in front of a camera. Usually from 11p, to 4 am. Just playing in one spot in the yard for hours.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Private owner/collection. Met the guy a few times at car shows, he has/had the old dodge dealer downtown Hobart too, not sure if he still has that or moved. His collection is HUGE, like many many pole barns huge

Top Bottom