• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    How is that hotdogs inside the home depot?

the few times jedu has been at the home depot in Schererville (us41) and Hammond the hot dog stand is closed.

Always wonder if it's any good?
    I usually get a Chicago Style Polish with everything + double onions and heavy on the celery salt too. They are pretty good. Open basically during an extended lunch period.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Wife decided we need some large floating shelves doe the kid's play room...

Tomorrow should be interesting. I get my tooth extracted, so we'll see what I feel like afterwards..
    Aaaaand I'm putting the shelves up. Sore. Some discomfort. Only a couple times when more blood was rushed to the head made the tooth site thump.

Worst part is the metal brackets holes aren't centered on 16". Not sure what Sweeden's codes are, but they do not line up. Oh well, that's what drills and drill bits are for.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My wife and I used ti go to breakfast once a week. The last time it was $35 before tip.

Now we make bacon and eggs at home.

FYI Gordon has their 3 lb bacon on sale for $9.99.

jedi, all of those HD dog stands are as good as anywhere else.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    When I was coming home this afternoon, around 4:30, there were about a half dozen Hobart Police cars at the Luke station on Ridge Road.

I didn't see any golf carts, so it wasn't @d.kaufman

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Aaaaand I'm putting the shelves up. Sore. Some discomfort. Only a couple times when more blood was rushed to the head made the tooth site thump.

Worst part is the metal brackets holes aren't centered on 16". Not sure what Sweeden's codes are, but they do not line up. Oh well, that's what drills and drill bits are for.
    My part is done. Wife is filling the shelves with his Lego builds. I'm not waiting around for that. His still has 8 sets to put together, so this area on that side of his room will get used well.

Edit: Top shelf 75"; bottom 75"+43"=118"
    Gray table legs adjust. The middle size set is currently on. Been a solid buy.

20240104_195501.jpg

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My wife and I used ti go to breakfast once a week. The last time it was $35 before tip.

Now we make bacon and eggs at home.

FYI Gordon has their 3 lb bacon on sale for $9.99.

jedi, all of those HD dog stands are as good as anywhere else.
    Never understood the allure of going out to eat breakfast.

Even before biden economy never understood paying for breakfast that jedi can make cheaper at the house.

Apart from the cleanup which is not that bad the cost is just not worth it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Even before biden economy never understood paying for breakfast that jedi can make cheaper at the house.

We don't very often. When we do, it's usually after church with a ton of errands ahead, wife is low on energy, we're on the road, or I want something I don't make at home (Eggs Benedict, freshly squeezed oj, quiche (due to time), etc.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I dunno, but looking at the photos of your breakfast breaks my soul, empties it on the floors of mordor, destroys my normally cheerful spirit and optimism while at the same time it makes me weep.

On the other hand a trip to Cedar Lake Kitchen or Georges uplifts my soul and my spirits. I don't go out often, but I'm certainly not eating what you serve up, especially since it has, what appear to be, green veggies in your food! :crying:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I dunno, but looking at the photos of your breakfast breaks my soul, empties it on the floors of mordor, destroys my normally cheerful spirit and optimism while at the same time it makes me weep.

On the other hand a trip to Cedar Lake Kitchen or Georges uplifts my soul and my spirits. I don't go out often, but I'm certainly not eating what you serve up, especially since it has, what appear to be, green veggies in your food! :crying:
    It was noodles with chicken with peas with brocolli with 4 cheese fettuccine sauce. It was dinner.

Frankly food is over-rated, a waste of money and time. So many other things could be done instead of having to eat, devote time to cooking, etc...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Supposed to be a lot of snow coming soon. Better get ready
    I sure hope so. Kid got screwed on last year's muddy winter. I want to take him and his buddy sledding and snowboarding.

Plus, coolers, headlamps, and lanterns lead to curling nights around here. Creek freezes over, then overspray, one guy is an engineer and marks the ice with paint, same guy has a set of curling stones, so hillbilly curling leads to good time. Less than a mile drive is also a perk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom