Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sounds like a FedEx Ground driver. They're contractors to FedEx and they suck. The corporate employed drivers would have probably offered to carry it out the house if you wanted.
    Yeah, this was just a lazy young kid. I opted for the free pickup so I wouldn't have to carry it. With my balance and back issues, I can't even imagine carrying a microwave down the steps and out to the truck, or putting it in my car and taking it to the UPS store..

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    We went there a few weeks ago, food was good but a bit overpriced. They had trivia going so that was somewhat annoying, and then according to the manager their HVAC system has some issue so there was an annoying high pitched screech every few minutes. It sounded like speaker feedback. Summer time would be a better time to go when the heat isn't running.
    Stopped at White Castle. $1.00 for a slider. Bidenomics at work.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    root & bone is officially open.

Because, you know, New York, Miami, Indy, ...Chesterton

Nothing on the menu really tripping my trigger. I may stop in at the bar for crab cakes and a drink some day.

Screenshot_20240104-085908_Facebook.jpg

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Wife wanted to go to Big Time Burger + Brew. Tell you what, barely anything is open on a Tuesday past a fast food chain. 4 couples in the bar area, so if you are avoiding people, Tuesday it is.
    Cheese curds and fried pickels were light and tasty. Both of us got a side Caesar salad, with our sandwich, which was pretty big alone. I'd hate to see the full. She said her bourbon steak sandwich was good and could only eat half. My burger was topped with brisket, onions, bacon, and an egg. Unfortunately, the sauce was too sweat on the brisket and I couldn't taste the burger. Couple Bells stouts were good as always.

Now, if a $70 tab without tip is not your thing, there is the info you need. The trip satisfied her curiosity. Highly doubtful we'll go back. Take this information for what it's worth.

Portage
    The wife and I have been there a couple of times. The food was good, but pretty pricey. Our new go to Mexican is El Jimador 2 in Hobart. It's located in the Hobart mall across from Stracks. They make their chips homemade and come out slightly warm with their homemade salsa. The last time there, we had our entrees, and a drink a piece. I believe the bill was just under $40. And the entrees had enough for us to bring home leftovers for lunch the next day.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The wife and I have been there a couple of times. The food was good, but pretty pricey. Our new go to Mexican is El Jimador 2 in Hobart. It's located in the Hobart mall across from Stracks. They make their chips homemade and come out slightly warm with their homemade salsa. The last time there, we had our entrees, and a drink a piece. I believe the bill was just under $40. And the entrees had enough for us to bring home leftovers for lunch the next day.
    Around NWI the 2 restaurants I frequent the most are the hot dog stand inside the Home Depot on US41 and the White Castle at 41/30.

Planning to go to Chinatown on Saturday in Chiraq to have some sort of asian food with the lovely Mrs_Bob, Melen, Dasha and Kobe. Leaning toward Korean BBQ, but may simply do a big Dim Sum meal. Celebrating Melen's birthday.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Around NWI the 2 restaurants I frequent the most are the hot dog stand inside the Home Depot on US41 and the White Castle at 41/30.

Planning to go to Chinatown on Saturday in Chiraq to have some sort of asian food with the lovely Mrs_Bob, Melen, Dasha and Kobe. Leaning toward Korean BBQ, but may simply do a big Dim Sum meal. Celebrating Melen's birthday.
    Enjoy, and keep your head on a swivel!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    clayne crawford fox GIF by Lethal Weapon (GIF Image)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Enjoy, and keep your head on a swivel!
    meh, we go there frequently, its got a lot more closed places post-covid than pre-covid, but during the daytime I've never encountered any sort of threat or perceived threat. You can very easily see who doesn't belong there and I don't see too much of anyone even looking for trouble, never seen/heard of first hand pickpockets, violence against normal tourists, etc etc etc

Chinatown is one of the few places in Chiraq where I feel pretty safe

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Tooth is out. Currently sampling some fine gauze that I can't feel while waiting on pain meds to get filled at Walgreens. I can tell there is going to be some pain coming.

Tooth was dead from the last procedure. Time from then to now caused a fragility, so it broke into 7 pieces.

If anyone needs a recommendation for a root canal, I can recommend Dr. Mark Magura in Merrillville.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

How is that hotdogs inside the home depot?

the few times jedu has been at the home depot in Schererville (us41) and Hammond the hot dog stand is closed.

Always wonder if it's any good?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom