• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    So of course i addressed hoarder mom and said that she either accepted my help with a dumpster or I'd be reporting her to social services... And of course she blew a gasket. In the end she ultimately 'accepted' my help but of course it has to wait until she's "feeling better". There is no such thing. She's been sick a long time. There will never be a "feeling better" stage, it's all far too gone and her disgusting house is probably the main reason why she's so sick. So either way I'll be making a move shortly.

Has anyone rented a dumpster before?

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Where do you think we put these old threads?

Call around. Prices will vary. Think about the size. You generally are only allowed to load them level with the top or else there will be extra fees. There is also a weight limit if you are doing debris... before there are extra charges.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    So of course i addressed hoarder mom and said that she either accepted my help with a dumpster or I'd be reporting her to social services... And of course she blew a gasket. In the end she ultimately 'accepted' my help but of course it has to wait until she's "feeling better". There is no such thing. She's been sick a long time. There will never be a "feeling better" stage, it's all far too gone and her disgusting house is probably the main reason why she's so sick. So either way I'll be making a move shortly.

Yeah it is super easy. Your trash service will have them, usually cheaper than going with a private party. Ooms Bros' in DeMotte used to be my dads go to. Though I think they got bought out by Republic Services. It used to be $250(30yard) $380(40 yard) a week, and drop off and pick up was a flat $100. That was back when I was in high school though. And there was no difference in price on if it took a week or a day. If you take a day longer, they still charge you for the week. Again this was the rates when I was in high school.
    Depending on how much stuff there is, you will need prolly a 30 yard or 40 yard dumpster. Maybe 2 or 3.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

I have used them before and they are good to deal with.

Check the rules about what can be thrown in. Any dumpster provider will have about the same because they have to follow the rules where they dump.

You should check for electronics recycling where you or your Mom lives.

Newton County has places where you can dump/recycle, but you have to buy an annual permit for $175.

What Can You Take to The Centers?

Residents may take Up to 10 bags of trash per week. Bulk items that fit into the bed of a pickup truck is acceptable. Once a month, a Large Bulk Item (i.e. mattress & box spring or sofa & chair) may be dropped off after the attendant completes paperwork noting the Users Hang Tag information. Containers are available for Recycling of metal, aluminum, cardboard, newspaper, plastic and glass. Yard clipping and brush less than 6 inches in diameter and 6 foot in length may be dropped off at the Centers also.

Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom