• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Since you guys like strange animals in here….. my dad is not doing well and he wants a strange critter to look at. He has settled on a bearded dragon. Any breeders in here or anyone know of someone?

I know I can go to petco or whatever hoping to get a healthier prettier lizard going through a breeder?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Since you guys like strange animals in here….. my dad is not doing well and he wants a strange critter to look at. He has settled on a bearded dragon. Any breeders in here or anyone know of someone?

I know I can go to petco or whatever hoping to get a healthier prettier lizard going through a breeder?
    My duaghter and soon-in-law in Lebanon used to have one but I think they sold it. I could ask them about anyone that might have one if you want. PM me if so. they went all over Indiana and Chicago for reptile shows...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thursday morning and yesterday running around for work saw a Krispy Krunchy Chicken store at Broadway and 61st Ave in a Citgo gas station.
    Thanks for thi info. I drove over for lunch.

It is not open yet. Still under construction.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

I don't personally know of any but just make sure you know what you're getting into. Beardies need a constant heat source and a basking spot. They also need to be fed every day and not just mealworms. 50-60 of it is going to need to be greens, veggies and some fruit and the rest will be bugs but you have to have a variety there too, not just mealworms. Dubia roaches, waxworms, calciworms(black soldier fly larvae) waxworms and silkworms are all commonly to somewhat available at pet stores. Hornworms too but they should be used more as a treat and you're better odd buying those online.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    F'n monster migraine right now.

Dad and I were going to cut into my ceiling to find out why I had drips in the dining room ceiling (below bathroom).
    But.. I'll have to wait and see if this clears.
    Sorry. :( You're going to think I'm nuts, but just last night I saw a commercial for some migraine med and I thought "I wonder if Larry still gets migraines?"

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

Actually, check out Ark in Merrillville or Pet Haven in Portage/Valpo. They're pet stores so they might get their animals from some of the same sources but they also keep their animals in better condition and that's the important part.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Roughly 25 years ago I bought a bearded dragon, iguana, and an alligator at the reptile show in valpo. Didn't know if they still did them so Google search. Looks like one coming up

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Also avoid the reptile store next to Langels in Highland. I got my Pacman frog there but a lot of the keeping in there is just sad.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I went to Joe's leather and saddle shop in San Pierre to pick up a pair of re soled cowboy boots. That guy does excellent work.
    They look factory new and appropriately done. He also makes gun belts and holsters too. I would like to have him make a
    chest rig for my Ruger Super Redhawk with a 9.5 inch barrel. Not cheap but quality never is. He's only open 8am to noon and is on central time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom