• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Since you guys like strange animals in here….. my dad is not doing well and he wants a strange critter to look at. He has settled on a bearded dragon. Any breeders in here or anyone know of someone?

I know I can go to petco or whatever hoping to get a healthier prettier lizard going through a breeder?

Sorry your dad's not doing well. Here's an ad we distributed for a reptile shop on US 41 in Schererville. It's the son of an employee, and he's really into this stuff, but I don't know anything else about his operation:

Green Room Reptiles.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have been in there looking around a couple of times. Looks filthy, unkempt and who knows how well the critters are
    taken care of.
    A lot of the animals just look miserable. Most on paper towel as substrate. Several snakes with no hide boxes, bad stuck shed, or both. They had a big berm in a tank half filled with water and no basking shelf or anywhere to get out of the water if it wants.

They suggested sphagnum moss over reptisoil or coconut fiber for the pacman frog because "they tend to ingest it"
    Which is true, they do get a little of the dirt/dirt adjacent substrates in their mouth which goes down with whatever they're eating but it passes through. Sphagnum moss is less likely to be grabbed but will absolutely cause a blockage if they ingest any.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Assuming you grilled em, which ones did you prefer?

Love blackened alligator tail. Man I miss Louisiana Pub n Grub. I'd get the blackened alligator tail appetizer and the dinner. Good stuff.

Nope these were pets. The alligator was awesome. He'd lay on my chest and watch TV with me. Had to sell him once he got 3ft but I had that set up when I purchased him.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Have had a gator hangin round the pond for a year or so. Mom wants him gone, but brother likes him. I imagine after a few more years to fatten him up, he might take the taste-test challenge. We've had a few visit the pond over the years. I'm gonna get some better pics next time I'm down.

Croc.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Have had a gator hangin round the pond for a year or so. Mom wants him gone, but brother likes him. I imagine after a few more years to fatten him up, he might take the taste-test challenge. We've had a few visit the pond over the years. I'm gonna get some better pics next time I'm down.

View attachment 306540

Gator bites are tasty!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Pros and cons. Unpaid sucks. I watch some hit unemployment because they refuse to take jobs and collect for a month for time off.
    My mom was a teacher. She had the option to spread her salary over the course of the year v/s getting paid only the weeks she worked. She spread it across the full year.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My mom was a teacher. She had the option to spread her salary over the course of the year v/s getting paid only the weeks she worked. She spread it across the full year.
    I take 9 months of my work as it's my pay and can manage my money. Them withholding my pay and collecting on it is thievery.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I think I'll be going to Blythe's tomorrow some therapy since I don't have to work. I dont feel like a Winamac run. Anyone interested in meeting up? Maybe 11ish and Schoops afterwards.
    .22lr, 32 acp, & 9mm pistols are what I want to shoot tom. You all should play hooky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom